Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    before now no never. Well the sleep is all the time. But looking on the AH one did get resisted. As far as blu no one really talks about it because most those moves came out back when hardly anyone cared. But I did test alot of them out and they were generally terrible. Not sure if any new ones might be decent but will almost certainly absorb just a percentage like absorb to does.

Tp drain kiss also works on a percentage but I haven't seen any variance/resist. At 3k to it steals 100% so okish I guess.
    Looked them up and think I answered my own question. They are too expensive to get away with spamming normally, long cast times, and have rather high recasts.

Light of Penance, 53MP, 3sec cast time, 60sec recast
    Feather Tickle, 48MP, 4sec cast time, 26sec recast
    Reaving Wind, 84MP, 4sec cast time, 26sec recast

Now, with maxed out FC you can get cast/recast down to spammable levels, but spamming would drain your MP really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Elemental Seal Lowing, the secret technique of the ages.
    Was actually considering jugpet version (Brainy Waluis, funguar, Shakeshroom) after seeing how well Roar worked. No clue on potency compared to Lowing though. XD Downside would be that it's damage sucks and almost every ready is dark damage. Still planning on testing that and a few other jugpet based debuffs like plague and max hp down. :3

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It was a BLU joke, there are so few of them asides from the job, you know?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It was a BLU joke, there are so few of them asides from the job, you know?
    I know that. I found it funnier that the joke might actually work though. lol

Side note: I really wanna change the Bozzetto Charger's job to "Horse". ~_~;;

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I know that. I found it funnier that the joke might actually work though. lol

Side note: I really wanna change the Bozzetto Charger's job to "Horse". ~_~;;
    It's probably whatever that family is generally.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

More Ambuscade V1E notes:

* Flatlined elemental damage from all elements except for Fire/Lightning which I'm eyeballing around 30% +/-5. Even Cure nuking appeared to be resisted. Need to verify Cure damage though since I'm not 100% positive that MAB/MBD gear was equipped when I tried.
    * Tried using every SC (except Compression) and MB'd every element. No procs or increase in damage taken.
    * Safe to zerg the horse. Advise taking it down ASAP since it powers up over time. Easy kill as long as you avoid damaging it while it's readying a TP move.
    * Boss is slow and easily kited, even by a BLM with no movement speed gear.
    * Manawall ate the Endark damage, haven't seen Blood Weapon used again to confirm that.
    * Add can be Aspir'd for MP.

Still think there HAS to be some actual gimmick involved with reducing the boss's defense. Just not sure what. :/
    Wondering why I'm not seeing too many PLDs in reported comps. Shouldn't Holy Circle be rather useful for this?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's probably whatever that family is generally.
    I know, but no clue on what jobs a horse has. >_>
    Safe to call it as THF/WAR due to TA/DA?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did Windurst Divergence today. My favorite zone so far, and the LS seemed to like it more too. Mapped out the mobs so I can update the wiki with their types.

On the way to the AH after the midboss was killed, one of our fat fucking galkas fell through the bridge into the water and was stuck. Good to see some things never change.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On mu linkshell's run, one of the upgraded Yagudo mobs fell through the bridge himself, and was continuing to attack us with our melees being unable to retaliate with the "unable to see" error. We eventually had to drag it pretty far to get it to surface again.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    On mu linkshell's run, one of the upgraded Yagudo mobs fell through the bridge himself, and was continuing to attack us with our melees being unable to retaliate with the "unable to see" error. We eventually had to drag it pretty far to get it to surface again.
    Better the mob than your galka

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Better the mob than your galka
    Is he named Tokengalka? >.> It sounds like you only have one.
    Did you try to get a GM to help or did he suicide>Tractor?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

as actually considering jugpet version (Brainy Waluis, funguar, Shakeshroom) after seeing how well Roar worked. No clue on potency compared to Lowing though. XD Downside would be that it's damage sucks and almost every ready is dark damage. Still planning on testing that and a few other jugpet based debuffs like plague and max hp down. :3
    Potency isn't the problem. Lowing is plague shakeshroom is disease. Shakeshroom only prevents resting hp/mp gain... which is 100% useless against monsters. Doesn't even stop idle/unclaimed regeneration. A lot of the debuffs have been tested a bit. There's some info in the mathy parts I did awhile back and Falkirk has some over on the ah

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Potency isn't the problem. Lowing is plague shakeshroom is disease. Shakeshroom only prevents resting hp/mp gain... which is 100% useless against monsters. Doesn't even stop idle/unclaimed regeneration. A lot of the debuffs have been tested a bit. There's some info in the mathy parts I did awhile back and Falkirk has some over on the ah
    I have never run into any info on this stuff, even in Falkirk's guide on ffxiah. And yes, I got my debuffs mixed up. It's the 'skeeter that does Plague. lol ><;;

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have never run into any info on this stuff, even in Falkirk's guide on ffxiah. And yes, I got my debuffs mixed up. It's the 'skeeter that does Disease. lol ><;;
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...evels_99.7E119

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Most durations and potencies are missing from debuff descriptions, and there's nothing anywhere specifically about "added effect" accuracy rates. Been testing a bit myself, and Falkirk already cranked out a small data set comparison, but we've confirmed that Pet:Macc and Pet:INT both DO affect their landing rates.
    Spoiler: show
    Honestly, I'm just dicking around and having fun testing pets that I don't normally use. XD
    It'd be nice to expand my BST's toolbox though since there are a lot of debuffs that aren't available to players otherwise.

As a random finding in the wrong thread, I estimate that Leaf Dagger's poison is ~20-25hp/tick for instance. ^^ Using full pet:macc sets, had no problem landing it on aquans in Foret (which normally resist Poison by my experience) and it lasted a good while.

This all ties in to Ambuscade since I think that the charging mechanic is TP based, so Plague could help lower aoe damage and Disease could block healing from drain effects, but didn't realize that Shakeshroom is 100% worthless. ><;; Whipped up a batch of leech jugs to see if my macc set is enough to compensate for the lower pet level, so will update if TP Drainkiss works.

Another wrong thread observation: I have 56 cooking, 80 synergy, cooking recipe for the leech jug is 57 cap, and I'm getting the "cooking skill too low for this recipe" message for the synergy. So it's quite possible that either synergy has higher skill reqs or that it's a hardline minimum equal to the cap of the synthesis recipe. Will find out when I get around to bumping cooking up to 57 I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have never run into any info on this stuff, even in Falkirk's guide on ffxiah. And yes, I got my debuffs mixed up. It's the 'skeeter that does Plague. lol ><;;
    It's kind of in bits in pieces in the bst thread (think actually recently posted a few in the last few pages) and the front page has a little info and I have some in the mathy section and even old wiki has a little. At least on what they do and durations and approximate potencies.

Hard info on accuracies... well I mean we don't even really have that for player regular spells forget additional effects. It's mostly a hodgepodge of hey this worked in this level of gear on this enemy. And since most people don't use bst debuffs not a lot of info... well that and when ilvl happened nothing landed for awhile.

Haven't seen tp drain kiss ever resist so it might work. But remember it's 3 charges and the percent it will drain is based on pets tp

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's kind of in bits in pieces in the bst thread (think actually recently posted a few in the last few pages) and the front page has a little info and I have some in the mathy section and even old wiki has a little. At least on what they do and durations and approximate potencies.

Hard info on accuracies... well I mean we don't even really have that for player regular spells forget additional effects. It's mostly a hodgepodge of hey this worked in this level of gear on this enemy. And since most people don't use bst debuffs not a lot of info... well that and when ilvl happened nothing landed for awhile.

Haven't seen tp drain kiss ever resist so it might work. But remember it's 3 charges and the percent it will drain is based on pets tp
    I'm not even looking for exact values, only confirmation on "does this work or not" basically. :/ It's also a bit counterintuitive to intentionally reduce your damage output in order to land the AEs, but there are a few that definitely seem worthwhile to keep up.

I know about how TP Drainkiss works, and was going on the assumption that it's actually draining the TP not wiping it like Feather Tickle. Figure between what gets drained + 15sec worth of TP gain would be enough to keep the pet at effectively 3k for every use, which should be enough to keep the boss rather tame. Not sure if it spams thru the charging on higher difficulties, but I imagine it should work thru at least Normal. I also know that Mewling's effect is reduced significantly, so if that happens w/ leech pet too, then it won't work. :/

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most durations and potencies are missing from debuff descriptions, and there's nothing anywhere specifically about "added effect" accuracy rates. Been testing a bit myself, and Falkirk already cranked out a small data set comparison, but we've confirmed that Pet:Macc and Pet:INT both DO affect their landing rates.
    Spoiler: show
    Honestly, I'm just dicking around and having fun testing pets that I don't normally use. XD
    It'd be nice to expand my BST's toolbox though since there are a lot of debuffs that aren't available to players otherwise.

As a random finding in the wrong thread, I estimate that Leaf Dagger's poison is ~20-25hp/tick for instance. ^^ Using full pet:macc sets, had no problem landing it on aquans in Foret (which normally resist Poison by my experience) and it lasted a good while.

This all ties in to Ambuscade since I think that the charging mechanic is TP based, so Plague could help lower aoe damage and Disease could block healing from drain effects, but didn't realize that Shakeshroom is 100% worthless. ><;; Whipped up a batch of leech jugs to see if my macc set is enough to compensate for the lower pet level, so will update if TP Drainkiss works.

Another wrong thread observation: I have 56 cooking, 80 synergy, cooking recipe for the leech jug is 57 cap, and I'm getting the "cooking skill too low for this recipe" message for the synergy. So it's quite possible that either synergy has higher skill reqs or that it's a hardline minimum equal to the cap of the synthesis recipe. Will find out when I get around to bumping cooking up to 57 I guess.
    That means we need to add it! When it was made, it referenced Falkirk's BST guide.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

That means we need to add it! When it was made, it referenced Falkirk's BST guide.
    Makes sense. ^^ I was talking w/ Falkirk about it in his thread over here since yesterday, and he beat me to the easy testing already. lol I don't have an exact number for Leaf Dagger's poison, so I didn't want to add it yet. Timing how long it takes for HP bar go down and estimating mob HP does not lend to precise measurements. Neither does magic accuracy in general, pet or not, but piling on a bunch of macc and/or INT (tested with Familar) makes a world of difference apparently.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Makes sense. ^^ I was talking w/ Falkirk about it in his thread over here since yesterday, and he beat me to the easy testing already. lol I don't have an exact number for Leaf Dagger's poison, so I didn't want to add it yet. Timing how long it takes for HP bar go down and estimating mob HP does not lend to precise measurements. Neither does magic accuracy in general, pet or not, but piling on a bunch of macc and/or INT (tested with Familar) makes a world of difference apparently.
    I was actually thinking about testing out a transclusion of the endgame jug pets info pages to the jug page.