Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

BLU Nerf :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    The issue with the Blue Mage gift Job Trait Bonus wherein the amount that the Triple Attack job trait increased was incorrect.
    Also in the fixed issues, "The issue with the Synthesis Focuser II in Port Jeuno (G-8) wherein the display value for the gauge differed from the actual value under certain circumstances."... and Snoll abilities were bugged (since now fixed,) and I'm guessing they just noticed due to Ambuscade. XD

Also, I am pissed about BST again.. I'm used to them forgetting that Beastmaster gear might need pet stats at this point, but they seriously couldn't even raise the KE+ ?! /rage

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not surprised SMN is once again worthless.

I'm going to take a stab and say that all of the SMN armor is going to be completely worthless at this point. How do you release gear like this that is so expensive to make yet already obsolete?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm still holding out a small sliver of hope that the body or legs might be good, but it's not looking good =/ the horn would have been the perfect place to make a good item, it's our weakest damage slot (body and legs are going to be very hard to beat) and the horn is iconic. Oh well

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Can't log in after updating, keeps giving me an error saying the game's data has been updated, to go back and update, after I finished updating... anyone else?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    Can't log in after updating, keeps giving me an error saying the game's data has been updated, to go back and update, after I finished updating... anyone else?
    Same thing happened to me. I exited all the way out and logged back in, and it's back to saying maintenance is active. ._.;; Maybe a reboot hiccup?

EDIT: Maintenance was just extended by an extra hour: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...%28Feb.-8-9%29
    It is now planned to end at 0000PST/0300EST.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I'm not surprised SMN is once again worthless.

I'm going to take a stab and say that all of the SMN armor is going to be completely worthless at this point. How do you release gear like this that is so expensive to make yet already obsolete?
    Because they are only nudging up stats for the vast majority of pieces. There isn't that much new functionality like there was with AF and the augments were untouched, which leaves some sets at a disadvantage to begin with (ex: BLM... Yay! AMII buffs! ... =_=) What little actually new stuff there is aren't game-changers, so the overall impression is that Relic+2/+3 just doesn't seem worth the effort in making.. Also, they were smoking something besides tobacco when they decided to put all the zones on a single shared lockout.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Ambuscade V1E:
    Boss = Bozzetto Retributionist (dullahan)
    Add = 1x Bozzetto Charger (unicorn)

Boss:
    * Seems to have a very high block rate. May be 100%.
    * Started with an en-damage effect. Probably Endark.
    * Conal AOE hit for ~1100-1900.
    * Radial AOE hit for 0-200. Dispelga (I think this was the dispelga. Something wiped all my buffs though... )
    * At least 2x-3x AOE moves that wiped shadows.
    * Casts DRK spells. Saw Abs-DEX, Drain, Aspir, Dread Spikes, Endark, Stun. Stun was AOE even tho it's listed as "Stun" and not "Stunga"
    * Used Blood Weapon.
    * After Blood Weapon, it was hitting for ~900 melee swings + equal drain.. Didn't last long after this. lol ><;; Yoran was spamming down the cure list on CD.. Don't think I've ever seen him cast Cure1 when not out of MP before. lol
    * Don't know what caused it, but got a sysmsg: "The boss's rage is beginning to boil over." Definitely a gimmick involved beyond simply being a pissed off vampire truck.

Add:
    * Started off with en-damage effect.
    * Very high DA+TA but wasn't hitting super hard per hit. Damage adds up fast w/ the en-damage though.
    * Took strong phys dmg (100% or more) and reduced magic damage (eyeballing ~30-40% of what boss was taking from MB'd Fire nukes.)
    * Absorbed a physical Ready once, possibly linked to hitting during tp move animation.

Will try again on VE later to have more time to actually see what's going on.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dynamis Windurst (D) information is in full swing on the wiki.

Wiki Needs:
    * Midboss and Boss name
    * Mob names so that the adversaries section can be quickly replaced all
    * Mob names so that the category void head and shard can be set up quickly.

I will also go archive the old ambu info and set up a blank one for this month now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd wager they are doing to SMN what they did to BLU in Omen- keep them off certain gear to slow their power creep. The only difference is there really isn't much in terms of job "group" gear outside of the volte sets in Dynamis (no killer accessories that BLU was left off of, like Sherida Earring/Anu Torque) rather than a straight up nerf. It just is more obvious because of the job-specific sets this time around are so lacking for you SMNs out there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yo Nyarlko what those moves names!?!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They could have still added something worth getting that wouldn't affect power, like say, Diabolos: Noctoshield+20. Updates an old ward pact to be more useable, while not making SMN stronger. If BLM and other jobs can get specific unique additions (first ever piece of gear for elemental debuffs, for example) they could have done something like that to make at least one piece worth getting (especially for non-bandwagon SMN, since bandwagon SMN don't care about wards)
    As it stands they're all completely worthless for any purposes though. This is SE just being lazy and unimaginative. Why even create an entire set of gear that has 0 utility and is outclassed by much easier to obtain gear added years ago? As if they need to give people more reasons to unsub with what a disaster Dynamis has been

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    They could have still added something worth getting that wouldn't affect power, like say, Diabolos: Noctoshield+20. Updates an old ward pact to be more useable, while not making SMN stronger. If BLM and other jobs can get specific unique additions (first ever piece of gear for elemental debuffs, for example) they could have done something like that to make at least one piece worth getting (especially for non-bandwagon SMN, since bandwagon SMN don't care about wards)
    As it stands they're all completely worthless for any purposes though. This is SE just being lazy and unimaginative. Why even create an entire set of gear that has 0 utility and is outclassed by much easier to obtain gear added years ago? As if they need to give people more reasons to unsub with what a disaster Dynamis has been
    can't argue that. Especially if dedicated SMNs are able to think of ways to improve other facets of their job to make them more than just 2 trick ponies (AC burn and Mewing spam).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yo Nyarlko what those moves names!?!
    Didn't catch 'em. Got distracted helping someone with ebur synergy and lost everything in the chat scroll. /blush
    Planning to go back thru again on VE to grab all the move names and pay more attention to wtf was dispelling me. Should note that they both had TONS of hp even on Easy.. I did a total of ~70-80k to the add and it was still ~80-90%, which seems really high for an add on Easy. Boss took a lot less (due to the blocking everything shit and drain effects) but I barely scratched it's HP bar. Didn't see any DA from the boss, so maybe NIN tank boss while add is downed?

Ah. Also forgot to mention that add was straight immune to Sleep2, Break and Stun. Boss was immune to Sleep2 and Stun, died before I tried Break on it. Also, seeing mention on ffxiah that one of his moves was insta-KO, but pretty sure that move was the one that barely scratched me. There's theory that light dmg/sc prevents it and my standard tactic involves spamming Fusion w/ Patrick. Will look into this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    can't argue that. Especially if dedicated SMNs are able to think of ways to improve other facets of their job to make them more than just 2 trick ponies (AC burn and Mewing spam).
    I've always wondered this, but can Mew not be resisted? BLU has access to several TP reset spells too, so it seems like it could be a viable alternative on the surface, but never hear about anyone even trying. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Katriina ffxiah forum
    Few Notes that needs confirmation from others:
    *RUN is great on this.

Retributionist [Endark,Stun,Aspir,Soul Eater]

-Nether Castigiation [After Boil Over Message][Safe 20']
    -Eisenschneider [After Miasma Message][30'?]
    -Atramentous Libations [AoE dispel for multiple random buffs, re-apply buffs after it][Also Hate reset]

Takes 50% less damage from all sides? When "Charger" Is alive and possibly 90% from front.
    Do NOT cast any enfeebling magic on it at all or else it starts charging.
    --------------------------------
    Ranger Setup works but focus on white damage only.
    MB setup works too but we did it without a GEO and it was slow.
    The amount of WS's done seems to trigger messages that gives it access to its AoE.
    So possibly just mele zerg with activated AM3 Empy on "Charger" will be enough to down it.
    --------------------------------
    Charger has [Enlight][High Double Attack Rate and Forced Criticals]

-Atramentous Oblation
    -Scintillant Lance [Conal High Damage] [Foil,Scherzo works]
    -Ramparnt Stance [Stun,AoE Magical?damage]
    -Damsel Memento [HP restore]
    -Grace of Hera [Full Erase, and absorbs damage during this move]
    The Key to kill it as fast as possible is to keep it locked in [Grace of Hera] Mode by spamming enfeebling magic, just dont ws while its doing TP.
    Bit of browsing forums saves me time browsing chatlog. :D

Also, Papesse posted a screenshot of SMN doing 99999 Flaming Crushes (AC spamming) on boss, which has boss at ~10% hp, but doesn't look like a freshly started fight and no buffs/JAs are in the chatlog displayed, so still can't say much about it's HP. It possible that I overestimated how much damage I dealt to it given how low everything hit it for.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Bit of browsing forums saves me time browsing chatlog. :D

Also, Papesse posted a screenshot of SMN doing 99999 Flaming Crushes (AC spamming) on boss, which has boss at ~10% hp, but doesn't look like a freshly started fight and no buffs/JAs are in the chatlog displayed, so still can't say much about it's HP. It possible that I overestimated how much damage I dealt to it given how low everything hit it for.
    Thanks, wasn't reading that thread because it was a shit fest at first, figured I would wait.

It is Kat, so I will have to take it with a grain of salt. I have some more Divergence info I was just given, and then I will get around to putting whatever from that on the wiki if anyone else doesn't want to first.

General note to anyone: Just type the plain text in the spot for it and I can format it later. Just need the info to format, you know?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I've always wondered this, but can Mew not be resisted? BLU has access to several TP reset spells too, so it seems like it could be a viable alternative on the surface, but never hear about anyone even trying. :/
    before now no never. Well the sleep is all the time. But looking on the AH one did get resisted. As far as blu no one really talks about it because most those moves came out back when hardly anyone cared. But I did test alot of them out and they were generally terrible. Not sure if any new ones might be decent but will almost certainly absorb just a percentage like absorb to does.

Tp drain kiss also works on a percentage but I haven't seen any variance/resist. At 3k to it steals 100% so okish I guess.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

More details for V1E:

* Boss also immune to Gravity, Bind and Break. And Aspir since it's a damnable undead. -_-;;
    * Immunobreak'd and landed Blind, Paralyze, Slow.
    * Resisted Frazzle, Distract, Dispel.
    * Blackbeard Randy's Roar landed w/o issue 3x and for full effect/duration.
    * None of Patrick's AEs kicked in (like always ;;) Neither did Infrasonics though.. Maybe Randy has higher base macc?
    * BOSS MAY BE IMMUNE TO GEO DEBUFFS. In a total of ~8min of exposure to Geo-Paralyze, not one single proc. Given that it is not immune to paralyze (Roar lands fine and procs frequently,) it's gotta be the bubble.

* Killing the add had no noticeable effects on boss behavior. It also goes down pretty fast as long as you avoid healing it and toss out a few debuffs to make it pop the healing move instead of damage a few times. Since boss is very tankable, might be easier to not ignore the add.
    * 1x geo debuff bubble alone was not enough to lock it into healing mode. It was dead before I tried testing with 2x because it was not cooperating and refused to stay still.

Also, over on AH, someone said that Mew is only taking off a flat 10% of TP, so not a resist state so much as a set "TP damage -90%" maybe.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Reaving wind is actually semi potent (-1000 TP) with an okay recast (26 seconds at base). Feather Tickle and Light of Penance are just -100, though.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Reaving wind is actually semi potent (-1000 TP) with an okay recast (26 seconds at base). Feather Tickle and Light of Penance are just -100, though.
    Elemental Seal Lowing, the secret technique of the ages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast