Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Windower 4-Discussion Thread Part II

Old thread:

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...on-and-Support

I'm having an issue with windower taking about 3-4 minutes to load. Husband is having the same problem. Thoughts?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

In my experience, that's usually because Windower is having a hard time contacting the update server. Have you already rebooted your network?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Back from a 3-4 year break, just re-installed everything. I used to use to plug ins that I loved, one would let me cast with //commands, like //warp. The second would let me find gear within storages, I think it was //find gaiter and then it'd search. Any memory of what these are if they still exist in some form? Thanks!

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Shortcuts and Findall addons, respectively

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Back from a 3-4 year break, just re-installed everything. I used to use to plug ins that I loved, one would let me cast with //commands, like //warp. The second would let me find gear within storages, I think it was //find gaiter and then it'd search. Any memory of what these are if they still exist in some form? Thanks!
    Welcome back.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just installed Windower and it's not showing party members TP, and Addons doesn't have a thing for TPParty like I thought it would. Where do you get the plugin for it now?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Just installed Windower and it's not showing party members TP, and Addons doesn't have a thing for TPParty like I thought it would. Where do you get the plugin for it now?

TParty addon does exist.

Manually grab it from https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons/TParty if it's still not showing for you.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thanks. My addons aren't even CLOSE to that.

Edit: Just downloaded the .lua and put it in the addons folder, and it's not showing up in the addons page still, and not loading when typing //load tparty in the main screen, and not showing up even after a Windower reboot.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Edit: Just downloaded the .lua and put it in the addons folder, and it's not showing up in the addons page still, and not loading when typing //load tparty in the main screen, and not showing up even after a Windower reboot.
    Each addon needs to be in it's own folder named after itself inside the Addons folder. So in this case, you need to put the addon files inside:
    C:/...windower4/addons/TParty/
    Use whatever exact path you have on your system of course.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Loading it up gave me a "Lua runtime error: Attempt to call a string value"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Are you using Windows XP or something?

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nope, Windows 10

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

F12 isn't toggling the fps in the corner anymore, and //showfps doesn't do anything either. Any suggestions?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    F12 isn't toggling the fps in the corner anymore, and //showfps doesn't do anything either. Any suggestions?
    Have you changed your resolution or anything recently?
    It may be that it's working, but just getting displayed somewhere off screen.

Try setting the position to something obvious and then toggling it again:
    Code:
    //fps_position 500 500

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dathus: See https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...k-in-launcher/ - apparently the blank-addons list is a known issue with a provisional fix, and you can get the new windower version early with a link in this thread

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Dathus: See https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...k-in-launcher/ - apparently the blank-addons list is a known issue with a provisional fix, and you can get the new windower version early with a link in this thread
    So random thing. I loaded up FFXI tonight and all of a sudden I had addons. I still have NO idea why, but I'm okay now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Couple general questions:

* Is it possible to adjust the size of the ffxidb minimap directly? (Not the zoom level.) Changed monitor resolutions, had to bump up UI scale, map feels HUGE now and would like to be able to shrink it a bit while still being able to read text. :/

* Is there a way to setup multiple profiles for UI addon placement based on monitor resolution? Would be really nice if I could just switch profiles based on laptop/external monitor. As is, I'm going to have to manually adjust each and every visible addon every time I swap monitors for 14x characters. /cry

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    * Is it possible to adjust the size of the ffxidb minimap directly? (Not the zoom level.) Changed monitor resolutions, had to bump up UI scale, map feels HUGE now and would like to be able to shrink it a bit while still being able to read text. :/
    No. As I understand it, at some point in the past, someone on the dev team had made a resizable version of the minimap, but it never got submitted to the repository.

* Is there a way to setup multiple profiles for UI addon placement based on monitor resolution? Would be really nice if I could just switch profiles based on laptop/external monitor. As is, I'm going to have to manually adjust each and every visible addon every time I swap monitors for 14x characters. /cry
    Hmm, not to my knowledge. Obviously, you can set them on a character-by-character basis, but that doesn't help if you're moving a single character between drastically different resolutions. Addons that are written using the config library should at least theoretically be capable of loading arbitrary configuration profiles, but I'm not aware of any addons that actually expose things in that manner.

I think that this sort of thing will likely be improved with the new UI stuff in v5.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post
    No. As I understand it, at some point in the past, someone on the dev team had made a resizable version of the minimap, but it never got submitted to the repository.

Hmm, not to my knowledge. Obviously, you can set them on a character-by-character basis, but that doesn't help if you're moving a single character between drastically different resolutions. Addons that are written using the config library should at least theoretically be capable of loading arbitrary configuration profiles, but I'm not aware of any addons that actually expose things in that manner.

I think that this sort of thing will likely be improved with the new UI stuff in v5.
    Thanks for the answers. Was really hoping there was a way to connect stuff like this to windower profiles.

Going from 1080 > 768 = Lots of things offscreen when I go from external > laptop monitors. ><

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Thanks for the answers. Was really hoping there was a way to connect stuff like this to windower profiles.

Going from 1080 > 768 = Lots of things offscreen when I go from external > laptop monitors. ><
    A number of addons (distanceplus, for example) take arguments for "distance from the right side of the screen" as negative numbers - IE on a 1000x1000 screen, -100,-100 = 900,900 - might be able to do that for most of those.

Alternatively, install windower in 2 directories with different screen settings and symlink the folders for anything not affected by screen size.