BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Just so you know someone seems to have ripped this movie and its currently on youtube. Probably other places too.

I ain't posting links though.
    This. It's with English dub and is DVD/720p quality and is very much downloadable for those who haven't seen it yet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't have to find shit youtube just straight up recommended it to me LOL.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Spoiler: show
    Did the Dragon Ball Minus bit get to anyone? I really enjoyed the fact we get to see what little material there is of Goku's parents. I don't really care that stuff got retconned, I'm not that hard enough of a fan to be bothered too much. But seeing how Goku never got to know his parents at all makes this all very much sad for me combined with that bgm. And then of course the seemingly "cut" content maybe of Bardock's last stand against Freeza's genocide attack, which was still very good in my eyes as Bardock desperately tries to put up a stand. Then as the music kicks once more as Bardock fires that blast, it was all so good and it made me a bit teary in the cinema lol. I'm glad it's all dark xD -- it's also a bit sad to once again see the race get obliterated like that. So much potential story there all wiped out, and of course Goku's mum too. It was just sad to see it all go away.

Also I was reading people finding Goku's last line "call me Kakarot" was a bit uncharacteristic of him because he always hated that name. While I agree he did hate that name before, but a chunk of time has passed since. I interpreted this scene as Goku being HAPPY (or proud, or pleased) that there's another Saiyan other than Vegeta, so him telling Broly to call him Kakarot makes sense in this context to accept him as a bro, or to acknowledge he's part of the same race etc.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

All the Planet Vegeta stuff was tugging on the heart strings a bit. Honestly all the past stuff in the movie really sold it for me, cause without it this movie would be any other DB movie with lunches flying around for an hour.

The kakarot thing was different sure but not a big deal. People just complaining to complain. This really was the best db movie to date, and if it was a Super arc on the series instead it would have been the best DB arc to date.

I want to be FIVE centimeters taller!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Just so you know someone seems to have ripped this movie and its currently on youtube. Probably other places too.

I ain't posting links though.
    Someone sent it to me on facebook about 5 minutes ago rofl

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Did the Dragon Ball Minus bit get to anyone? I really enjoyed the fact we get to see what little material there is of Goku's parents. I don't really care that stuff got retconned, I'm not that hard enough of a fan to be bothered too much. But seeing how Goku never got to know his parents at all makes this all very much sad for me combined with that bgm. And then of course the seemingly "cut" content maybe of Bardock's last stand against Freeza's genocide attack, which was still very good in my eyes as Bardock desperately tries to put up a stand. Then as the music kicks once more as Bardock fires that blast, it was all so good and it made me a bit teary in the cinema lol. I'm glad it's all dark xD -- it's also a bit sad to once again see the race get obliterated like that. So much potential story there all wiped out, and of course Goku's mum too. It was just sad to see it all go away.

Also I was reading people finding Goku's last line "call me Kakarot" was a bit uncharacteristic of him because he always hated that name. While I agree he did hate that name before, but a chunk of time has passed since. I interpreted this scene as Goku being HAPPY (or proud, or pleased) that there's another Saiyan other than Vegeta, so him telling Broly to call him Kakarot makes sense in this context to accept him as a bro, or to acknowledge he's part of the same race etc.
    i dont remember him hating the name, and over time, he realized that it was just vegeta's pride as a saiyan that he didnt mind passing on to another saiyan.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Dragonball Z/Super Thread III: I don't know what a Hiatus is but Piccolo 17 is still the best fight.

To me it came off as Goku being happy another full blooded saiyan is alive. And despite going batshit crazy with power, he’s generally a nice and chill dude. Basically the opposite of what the cliche’ Saiyan is supposed to be that he’s learned from Vegeta and other sources.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At least Bardock was like "I can smell bloodshed" instead of "I can see the future" this time.

Odd things missing in warm-up fight: SSJ3, SSB Kaioken, SSB Evolved. I guess Goku's "Holy shit, let's just cut to the chase," when Broly started pummeling Freeza and they warped out suggested none of those would've helped.
    Not surprised missing from entire film: Ultra Instinct

Weird takeaway moment that conflicted with the canon, though, was when Goku said something along the lines of, "Watch out, Geets, we've never fought a Saiyan anything like this before!" despite copious references to the Tournament of Power where they fought Kale/Kefla with harnessed Oozaru berserker powers. HAD A REAL HARD TIME WILLINGLY SUSTAINING DISBELIEF AFTER THAT /s...

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    At least Bardock was like "I can smell bloodshed" instead of "I can see the future" this time.

Odd things missing in warm-up fight: SSJ3, SSB Kaioken, SSB Evolved. I guess Goku's "Holy shit, let's just cut to the chase," when Broly started pummeling Freeza and they warped out suggested none of those would've helped.
    Not surprised missing from entire film: Ultra Instinct

Weird takeaway moment that conflicted with the canon, though, was when Goku said something along the lines of, "Watch out, Geets, we've never fought a Saiyan anything like this before!" despite copious references to the Tournament of Power where they fought Kale/Kefla with harnessed Oozaru berserker powers. HAD A REAL HARD TIME WILLINGLY SUSTAINING DISBELIEF AFTER THAT /s...
    You pretty much nailed my complaints / surprise in the movie.
    They just finished fighting a Brolly copy in the ToP, so it was silly to act like they've never seen anything like this. Also I was shocked to not see any forms beyond SSB. Goku handled fused Kale/Kefla berserker with just his UI. Seemed silly to not even try kaioken, SSB evolve, or UI here.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Idk what show yall were watching, but goku never gained full control of UI. It's never insinuated he can just activate it like SSJ. As for Vegeta Royal Blue or SSB Kaioken, who gives a shit when Gogeta is both saiyans powers -multiplied-. Neither vegeta nor goku can come close to that alone, and they werent just fighting to fight broly, they were doing it to also make sure he doesnt destroy the planet and shit. Strategically, they made the right and best choice.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Right choice is silly. This entire series is about them dragging on fights and slowly powering up / getting slightly higher forms to make the fights more fun and test their opponent. Them just opting to go to the last "i win" form of Gogeta is completely against both of their nature. They both want to win, on their own, and grow as better fighters in the process.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You obviously missed the scene where Vegeta flies out to Goku and plainly tells him "its obvious you cant beat him on your own", prior to tagging Frieza in and then peace outing to Piccolo.

This Saiyan just then went Super Saiyan, and prior to that was holding his own against SSG. Vegeta has no gimmicks to stand against that, and Goku has no mastery of UI to call on, let alone rely on when clearly this Saiyan is berserk and as strong if not stronger than a GoD.

What the else do you want them to do? Phone a friend and see if they have potara earrings that they can borrow? If they phoned a Kai to teleport them a pair of earrings, people would be bitching at the cop out. Instead we got a canon Gogeta and an awesome finale to a fight scene.

Dragonball fans will truly bitch about anything.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Meh. I get it. Vegeta has a new form that he didn't use, and Goku didn't use his full power ever. It was weird. But also doesn't make any difference. Broly v Gogeta was amazing, and thats all that matters at this point lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I get it, just like I get how yall are crazy if you think UI is ever going to be relied upon consistently or ever again. It was pure cheat code. And what's worse is it was a cheat code that -didnt even win the fight-. Jiren bested it if yall forgot, and it was a base goku and frieza teaming up that won that tournament.

Just like it was goku and vegeta teaming up to beat broly. From what we know now there is zero reason to believe UI would stand a chance against Broly.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh I'm sure UI will come back at some point. But yeah, they were very clear that Goku doesn't know how to tap back into it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

best moment for me in the film was when Broly was throwing left/ right haymakers on freiza. Hands down best moment for me. I need a .gif of that shit.

The part where goku/vegeta throw the double beam at brolly i could swore the animation was done by Trigger. My only gripe is there's some pretty ugly looking shit when there's no action taking place... the scene with piccolo is too under drawn for the rest of the movie and it stands out bad.

BG Level

I don’t get why people are annoyed of there being no reference to the U6 Saiyans. I’d ignore those lame ass characters exist too if I was Toriyama.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I don’t get why people are annoyed of there being no reference to the U6 Saiyans. I’d ignore those lame ass characters exist too if I was Toriyama.
    the girls where dope. Ill fite you on this

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I liked the idea but the execution was lacking. Saiyans from another universe and how they're getting along would be interesting, but this execution was meh.

BG Level

Dragonball Z/Super Thread III: I don't know what a Hiatus is but Piccolo 17 is still the best fight.

I think they’re all lame as shit. Cabba/Kale with their cliche master/onii-Chan nonsense. Caulifla was the only one with any semblance of a personality, but she lost me with her tingly back feeling to go SSJ2 crap.

Like Sal said, I’m not against the idea. I just thought the execution was fucking piss poor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag