+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

To be fair that was immediately noticeable in the preview and it just screams lazy. We're at the climax here of a really rich franchise.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, we know the staff for that episode. It's not a good staff.

What we don't know is the staff (or anything) about Episode 130, so that might be the balls out sakuga fest everyone has wanted.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sure is nitpicky as fuck in here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There is plenty I don't like that has taken place through out ToP that has just shown how lazy they've gotten with this show just to rush out the next episode.
    Have you ever watched any Gundam episodes straight through? Shit repeats SO many battle scenes it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Have you ever watched any Gundam episodes straight through? Shit repeats SO many battle scenes it's not even funny.
    Given that's it's 100x harder to draw a robot than 2 dudes I'd excuse it.

Also which Gundam? Shit got way better animation now than when it started. Dragonball tho...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Destiny was a hilarious example of literal copy+paste animation from Seed lol

IBO was fantastic in animation though. Barbatos being purely hand to hand and melee weapon and not being a laser beam spamming god-gundam (looking at you Strike Freedom... which I also like >_> ) kind of forced their hand in drawing it uniquely.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

From my experience, drawing people >>>>>>>>>>> literally anything else. I'm willing to give them a pass on this, especially given they're trying to convey an extreme sense of speed.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

DB has never been a high-quality animation project. It's always been a shitload of stills and flashes with a sprinkling of actual choreography every once in a while.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Given the fantastic animation we got the other 2 times Goku went UI, I'm sure they're saving their budget for the climax of the fight and tournament. Goku mastering UI won't happen until the very end of the episode (which will be filled with tons of audience reaction shots and probably a flashback or two).

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    DB has never been a high-quality animation project. It's always been a shitload of stills and flashes with a sprinkling of actual choreography every once in a while.
    This. We splooge over the breakdancing kamehameha in part because instances of combat that aren't just them blinking around punching/kicking or lobbing some token moves are pretty rare.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I love that Vegeta got dropped out w/ a regular ass punch

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That Kefla fight and the first UI fight against Jiren were probably the two best fights in the entire franchise from a choreography standpoint. If this truly is approaching the end of Super then the animation budget is definitely being held for the finale, for obvious reasons.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nothing in super including those 2 fights come anywhere close to even scratching the ballsack of some of the early fights from a fight choreography standpoint.

Goku vs Piccolo
    Goku vs Krillin
    Krillin vs Jackie Chun
    Piccolo vs 17
    Goku vs Majin Vegeta

All magnitudes above anything in Super

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Clean those nostalgia glasses off. They getting a little dingy.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Vejito vs Zamasu easily shits on a ton of fights in Z lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Piccolo vs 17 was by far my favorite. Actual counters and stuff and not just pew pew. Just rewatched the 20 minute fight. Beginning is straight one minute of powering up dbz but man, there's parts of that fight that are so good. 16:00-17:00 is boss shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Given that's it's 100x harder to draw a robot than 2 dudes I'd excuse it.

Also which Gundam? Shit got way better animation now than when it started. Dragonball tho...
    As Vaspinne said, SEED was awful for this. I watched 2 seasons one day when I was sick. The battle scene where he scans shit with his eyes was copy pasted in every... fucking...episode. And so many laser shit was repeat it was so noticeable when watching beginning to end.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Piccolo 17 was amazing.

Lol i was in like 5th grade and my dog was choking and I was like fuuuuck (no youtube/downloading back then, if you missed it you had to wait on the rerun) i remember just yelling for my grandma to come help the dog @_@ (lol I ws a little asshole) because I didn't want to miss the fight.

That said, at that age, I realistically wouldn't have been able to help. She put some oil in the dog's mouth and it helped lube to where it could cough up w/e it was choking on. I'd have never even considered thinking of that.

As Vaspinne said, SEED was awful for this. I watched 2 seasons one day when I was sick. The battle scene where he scans shit with his eyes was copy pasted in every... fucking...episode. And so many laser shit was repeat it was so noticeable when watching beginning to end.
    I never watched Destiny or SEED, but Gundam definitely got it's shit together after that (minus a few bummers like AGE and Recongista which still had really good animation even though they were dumb).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not really nostalgia goggles at all.. I prefer the fights in Super because they have a crazier scale with big ass explosions. Fight choreography is something completely different. A bunch of punches and beam spams is shitty fight choreography even if it's really entertaining.

This is what I mean when I say good fight choreography:

Stuff like this does actually appear in Super, but it's rare. It happened last episode when Goku was briefly SSB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag