+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah the entire essence of DB is always been "holding back" haha. Come to think of it, not sure if this an anime only moment but remember when Bulma suggested asking the dragon about the location of Dr Gero's base so they could go trash it, but then Vegeta chewed out Bulma for it and even Goku was like "ya I want to test my strength too" hahaha

Other moments, too many to mention, like Gohan and Gotenks not finishing Buu off (or Gohan specifically), or Freeza fighting Goku serious pre-Super Saiyan. Anyways ...

It's ok really, at this point I just enjoy taking jabs at it and discussing it. This was entirely expected.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its supposed to be a tool in the belt, but Toriyama and the editors uses it like a bludgeon for all of his problems. Its a good thing its made for 8-year-olds, though, or everyone might get wise to the scheme after being used 30 times in a row.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    In fairness in regards to OPM, Psykorochi is up to what? Her 4th form now lmao? That shits been dragging along too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Very true! And it would all be ended in a single punch if you know who was there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

C-Class Rank 1 Professional Hero, Mumen Rider.

Dude, this is part of what makes it Dragonball. Just enjoy it. Maybe we'll get some awesome Beerus intervention, like when 17 interrupted the Ribrianne transformation.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Come to think of it, not sure if this an anime only moment but remember when Bulma suggested asking the dragon about the location of Dr Gero's base so they could go trash it, but then Vegeta chewed out Bulma for it and even Goku was like "ya I want to test my strength too" hahaha
    This was actually DBZ Abridged lol. Not real DBZ

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    This was actually DBZ Abridged lol. Not real DBZ
    No WAYYYYYYYY

You set my OCD off now, I MUST GO FIND OUT! hahahaha. I'm sure I won't have contaminated my knowledge with TFS lore! lol
    brb

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Should be like ep 32 or 33 lol

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it was right after Future Trunks warning, I believe, in DBZA. Vegeta commented on how hot it made Bulma sound.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, the editors would have never allowed Toriyama to be that meta. I don't know if Toriyama himself has ever shown that he can be that meta.

TFS pulled the same thing with Aerith in FF abridged once she figured out what the black materia was. She told Cloud that they could simply just take the materia and leave to prevent the calamity, but Cloud kept pushing for fighting and killing Sephiroth.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

OK GOOD I WASN'T CRAZY! hahaha. Sorry my OCD got the better of me so I went to find it after I finished playing some league.

It's from Episode 123, I clipped it and uploaded it to my dropbox, I doubt there's enough traffic here to bring it down but I just wanted to prove I didn't cross TFS stuff with official stuff hahaha:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnlm99w9x0...p.mp4.mov?dl=0

edit: man the dub was terrible at the time. Vegeta's "by the time we find the dragonballs it will be too late, you dope!" had me laughing. In japanese if I recall correctly he threatens bulma to not do anything stupid, at least that's what I clearly remember from the Cantonese version and I know the dub there is marginally closer to JP's dub before Funi completely redid it all.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

OK GOOD I WASN'T CRAZY! hahaha. Sorry my OCD got the better of me so I went to find it after I finished playing some league.

It's from Episode 123, I clipped it and uploaded it to my dropbox, I doubt there's enough traffic here to bring it down but I just wanted to prove I didn't cross TFS stuff with official stuff hahaha:

edit: man the dub was terrible at the time. Vegeta's "by the time we find the dragonballs it will be too late, you dope!" had me laughing. In japanese if I recall correctly he threatens bulma to not do anything stupid, at least that's what I clearly remember from the Cantonese version and I know the dub there is marginally closer to JP's dub before Funi completely redid it all.
    I'll be a son of a bitch.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Every apocalypse movie starts with a scientist being ignored

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well fuck lol. I guess it was both. Had to go and double check to make sure I wasn't imaging it either.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

off topic a sec

Team Four Star doing a charity movie marathon. started 15 mins ago, dead zone movie playing now (in order of them being released):

https://www.twitch.tv/streamfourstar

commentary being provided by the main trio

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

off topic a sec

Team Four Star doing a charity movie marathon. started 15 mins ago, dead zone movie playing now (in order of them being released):

https://www.twitch.tv/streamfourstar

commentary being provided by the main trio

Thank you for sharing that. Watching the movies with them and having some behind the scenes convos during it was really cool

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They've just ended (about to go on the premiere of their short), I hope you caught most of it! Most of their episode streams are not available on VOD at all (I believe, from the previous premiere streams) so I made sure to watch it, but I forgot to tell everyone yesterday.

edit: When the stream ended they raided a channel of a voice actress called Caitlyn Elizabeth (worked a bit with TFS and other professional stuff), who only had 30 viewers at the time. It was really sweet to see her amazement and happiness to see a 3000~ odd raid on a small channel due to a large amount of follows/subs that followed up, as well as the chat going temporarily really quick for her.

edit2: she is playing pokemon lets go on the switch, and she's been giving voices to the characters in game, it's actually really cool to see/listen, i never followed/watched a voice actor before on twitch!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The new short is fucking great lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Chapter 65 https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/drago...07?action=read

LUL GOKU LUL

This is rubbish lol, and a repeat of something already.

F for king kai maybe

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its fine! Its fine! Toyotaro specifically said "its not what you think, guys. I know what you're all thinking!"

We can trust a series that never changes, right? We can trust the series that has a 50+ year old manchild still acting like he did in chapter 1!

Right? Guys?!!

Obvious Cell Saga riffing aside, keep in mind that every major "battle" fought now is still fought with a God of Destruction (who could obliterate any threat) and an Angel (who can rewind time and undo anything if the GoD requests it). Every movie and arc since they've been introduced has concluded with these parameters.

Its incredibly hard to read a manga for more than its pretty pictures when there are 0 stakes to the fight. Not that there's ever really been stakes post-Freeza saga.

I mean what, worst case scenario Goku dies here and we hit era #3 without Goku? Psh.

Edit: I find it hilarious that we've had Goku's friends, Goku's teacher, a literal God of Destruction and an Angel ALL asking Goku to stop letting universal threats stick around "jus' so he can fight strong guys" and he continues to do so. Fucking Beerus should have erased him. He's the cause of and solution to all of the universe's problems. He even acknowledged this back in the Cell arc, but here we are again, full-circle, like a saturday morning cartoon in which the status quo is restored by the end of every episode and no long-lasting lessons are learned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag