2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

New members posting thread February 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Brillo I feel like you've been MIA. I miss your sweet sweet dulcet posts.
    I just haven't been posting much. Too much work stuff going on so I don't have a shit ton of down time.

I attempted to create a thread and it didn't work, so I'll say it here. I wanted to thank BG for your Returning to Vana'diel section. Coming back from a 3 year hiatus, I was utterly lost with all of the new content, and you guys will surely help me on my way. Thank you so much!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by VoraciousViolet View Post
    I attempted to create a thread and it didn't work, so I'll say it here. I wanted to thank BG for your Returning to Vana'diel section. Coming back from a 3 year hiatus, I was utterly lost with all of the new content, and you guys will surely help me on my way. Thank you so much!
    New members can't post new threads until they hit the minimum posting thresh hold. But welcome to the site!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

new here. just started on cerberus

Banned.

BG Level

Hi all folks!

Well, my name is miguel and new here!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello! I'm Dreamseeker and I'm from Odin. Currently on break but coming back next month.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi. Considering coming back to FFXI so jumped on here to see if I can get some feedback!

Last played on xbox on Ragnarok server the first month or two of Seekers. I can see only 1 member of my LS still active on Ragnarok so I'd probably want to jump worlds for the highest active pop and get my people skills on. So questions!!!

What's the highest active server pop and which server is it? I'm sure I'm dreaming if I could see 1k again but I also dream some crazy schnikies.

Is it worth coming back? I have nostalgia of 75 cap SKY and Abyssea grinds in my brain and remember that Seekers kinda let me down. Should I bother coming back just to fall asleep at the computer to the sounds of San'Dorian bagpipes or just keep my happy memories and try out FFXIV. (Yes I know that is subjective but i'm asking for opinions)

I really just want to get my happy behind on DNC and solo the world to gear my precious SAM. Is it possible to solo current content with an outrageously geared DNC? I don't care about the time frame I just want to know if it's possible to get to that point solo. Also, are SAM or DNC viable DD's anymore?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi! I just got FFXI and I'm trying to figure out how to get it going! Probably gonna hop on Asura?

I'm also on FFXIV but I kinda lost interest in that once I'd done everything except the newest EX primals and Alexander, lol.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey man enjoy 11. If you're new and starting from scratch you're going to have one hell of a solo grind if you don't know anyone to assist with some early game stuff. I highly recommend starting with RDM if you'll truly be solo. Best of luck. Limit breaking yourself to 75 is a royal pain but if you're looking for something to do you've got a solid 500+ hours of game to play before your character starts looking strapped

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Welp. I'm Ky in FFXIV, and was one of the former viper members that just recently merged to BG on Gilgamesh. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys. <3

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello,

I'm not exactly new, as I've been participating in BG-WIKI for years. I am new, though, to the forums!

I tried posting the following in the General discussion and learned as someone new I can't start a new thread . . . so here goes my question:

Hello,

When simply entering lair revies or colonization reives (e.g. say walking through or riding a mount) and, yes, participating, any Indi spell on me expires immediately. I tried putting it on just seconds before entering the effect area and in all cases it expired.

Why is this?

Is it correct or is it a bug?

Do the wikis document this event?

Thanks for your helpful input! )

OK, back to the introduction. I'm IBHalliwell on Ragnarok - formerly of Caitsith! Long Live Ragnarok. Never forget Caitsith!

So, much to write - after all FFXI is the never ending video / MMORPG game!!!! ) I could start at my current work.

I'm already a master DRG (with relic - polearm), master SAM (with relic bow and GK), master BLM, and master SMN! I soloed my SMN to master, while my other master jobs got there through parties.

My immediate goals are:

1) Make Captain, so I can make a mythic weapon. Specifically, I'm looking to build the SMN mythic weapon, as I understand High Level Linkshells require this of Summoners.
    2) Obtain the Silver and then Gold Shovels. I'm a legend in 5 of the 6 coalitions and done all the unique assignments in 4 of the 6. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of these assignments. Should you'd like to use it, contact me!
    3) Collect the necessary items for the Geomancer Idris weapon. I'm at 2,300 H-P. I'm trying not to buy them at the AH, but to do it the old fashion way - earn them!
    4) Obtain the necessary armor for my GEO, but right now all of my wardrobes basically are full. I'm going to have to take the time to clean out my closet! Yeah, spring cleaning . . not fun.
    5) I'd like to beat all the Unity Concord NM through the last one!! If you're on Ragnarok, would like to do the same, and have jobs useful to this effort - please - contact me.

NOTE on #5: Just because you might not have a great job, I'm not excluding you. For example: The UC NM start at level 75 and go through 145. Let us say you're not the best equiped nor any master jobs, etc. You can still help with the 75 - 119 and maybe the 122 level NM. Yes, to do the 135 and 145, we'll need experienced, well equiped, and best are master level jobs, but neither Rome nor your character's jobs were made in a day!

SOME BACKGROUND:

My Son and I started playing with the NA PS2 release - March 2004! In fact, what got us started was the television advertisement a few days / about week before the release! We saw it and went WOW at the same time! On release day, I was at Best Buy buying the game (100GB HD), network interface, keyboard, mouse, etc. We created two POL accounts (one for him and one for me) and shared the unit for a four days. We wanted to party together!!! On day five, I went to Best Buy again and bought a PS2, the game (100GB HD), network controller, keyboard, mouse, etc.

We bought PS3 units that support PS2 games and continued playing FFXI on the PS3 till SE discontinue PS2 support and now we're on Windows exclusively. My Son uses his PS3 for other games, but my PS3 is just sitting there (for now).

Oh, talking about being a newbie, back in 2004, during our first time playing FFXI - we didn't even know how to open the doors!!! Talk about two guys right off the chocobo farm!! After all on the chocobo farm, there is no need for door! )

Yeah, there is a lot to say between March 2004 and June 2017, but do we really want this intro to go on for several gigabyte of characters?! Nah! Enough for now!

Hope to hear from you! Take care!

Left the game years back but thinking of returning maybe...

Hi guys, my name is Greg and I am fresh FFXIV player looking for a stable community. I am migrating from Diablo 3 and Path of Exile looking for bigger challanges

I also enjoy trading in every game, currently I am an active member of Odealo community. Odealo marketplace can be found at https://www.odealo.com and in my opinion is the best place to trade in-game currency, items and services. With their credit system its easy to transfer good from one game to another (as long as you find interested buyers/sellers) and in general it's the best website of this kind. You can also buy Cheap FF14 Gil and Power Leveling there, if you cant afford to farm hours to get anywhere in the game

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

New here to BG. Made an account looking to see if any Lua programmers have made a tool I am looking for. Something to pull items off on npc without going through menus

Hi, and I am a bit lost in this forum pardon me for being an intruder. My name is Alex and I am pleased to meet you all. Cheers to more interaction in the future. Have a good day.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

He's the real alex tho

IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Oh, talking about being a newbie, back in 2004, during our first time playing FFXI - we didn't even know how to open the doors!!!
    Ah yes. I remember 2003 and running to the moghouse to regain hp because I didn't know how to med. Good times.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello, my name is Teddie. Hope you are all doing well on this fine day. I'm very excited to become part of this community!

Hi, new here, long time reader just never had an account!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag