Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apple woes, aka Apple limitations suck, aka how to transfer from ipod to iphone

Hey,

So here's the issue, i have an old ipod video 30GB, that has a small fraction of my music collection, but it's my driving music. I got myself an iphone 8 plus, and i thought why use the ipod anymore, when i have a 250gb iphone? I was looking at how to transfer the ipod directly to the iphone, and not use itunes, and i found out all the 3rd party software like Anytrans, or Copytrans, or iExplore all require that you pay for the damn software to transfer more than 100 songs. Fucking dumb, so i tried different methods, even using my ipod as an external HDD, and just copied the music folder to my PC, then caved, downloaded itunes, and transferred said folder to my itunes library. They all transferred, except, my playlists, and not all the songs were properly renamed, so i have about 500+ songs that are just number identified like apple does with their stupid shit. So now i'm asking, is there such a way, that isn't itunes, that allows me to do a direct 1:1 transfer from my ipod video to my iphone 8 with no issues? Meaning transferring playlists, etc? Much help appreciated. And maybe my googlefu isn't up to par.

tl:dr: I need to find a way to 1:1 transfer my ipod 30GB to my iphone 8.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This isn't going to help, but you said ipod... which I presume to be the good old fashioned ipod

I might be wrong, but that might be just too old perhaps. I do wonder if perhaps the sorting/arrangement algorithm changed between then and now for the tags. Hence why your music isn't 1:1 (nevermind the playlist yet...). Playlist I think I would just chalk it down to being incompatible; this is a 2004 (or before) > 2017 jump here

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Iirc Ifunbox can do what you need