Closed Thread
Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Adding another match to the preshow while there are still double digit matches on the main card is just hilarious to me. There's way more matches that I could see in the 5-10 minute range than that *should* be near/more than 20, but that's just so much that they're trying to put on this card. Maybe the amount of matches is the EXTREME part?

As for G1, it was a solid start, but also kind of disappointing? It did a good job of introducing all people in the block and setting the table for their G1 in some way, but I'm not sure anything truly stood out all that well in terms of just the matches. I know that they've got to save some for the rest of the tournament, but compared to last year which had Naito/Ibushi and ZSJ/Tanahashi, this felt like it was a strong "night 3-4 show". Suzuki/Tana was my favorite and different enough from their recent encounters at least.

Naito/Omega tonight probably shouldn't challenge the quality of their prior two matches, and that's more than fine. ZSJ/Ibushi has a better chance at that, but I guess I want the show to end and have it in my mind that at least one match is a definite top 10 pre-Budokan match and possible top 5. Don't give it all away, but start this block off with a bang.

Also, early start for G1 tonight. Starts in about a half hour as opposed to a few hours away.

BG Level

Holy shit. Omega/Naito was insane.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

All singles matches for night 2 were great to incredible. Juice/Tama I bet will get something like a 3.5 but it was what it needed to be. Omega/Naito have amazing chemistry. Jay White is probably the best heel right now. WTF is with the balloons Okada?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

From the art imitating life department:

https://twitter.com/Fardeen12O/statu...53731705761792

Spoiler: show
    Gangrel eliminating Geoffrey the Toy R' Us giraffe mascot from a battle royale with an Amazon Prime package at an indy show,

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, use racist epithets, brother.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Papa John took the heat off Hogan, brother.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    All singles matches for night 2 were great to incredible. Juice/Tama I bet will get something like a 3.5 but it was what it needed to be. Omega/Naito have amazing chemistry. Jay White is probably the best heel right now. WTF is with the balloons Okada?
    I'd like to see a timeline of Okada "doing weird shit" especially looking back the past say... 16 months. I'd also like to see that compared to appearances in Japan by "Craig and Justin" [sic]. Jay White has made it abundantly clear that he wants to cause chaos within CHAOS, but maybe the Kentucky Gentleman is one of his agents, sent to weaken Okada and thus help facilitate this discord. Something to think about.

That's generous for Juice/Tama, but I'm not in the camp of those that seem offended by that match and Tama's existence in general. If you asked me about 2 months ago to rank about 23 people in NJPW for G1, he'd be probably around 18. Cow Palace maybe bumped him up 1-2 spots to a safe spot on the list, but still low priority. I know he's been far from the best singles wrestler in the company, but I swear people that are so against him being in this and how he sucks and whatnot are probably the same crowd that are like "SANADA is so charismatic" and act like he's better than EVIL in any way other than:
    1. being handsome/fashionable
    2. jumping/flipping

Actually, I'd like to see a cross-section with all that and the "Lord Taichi" crowd. Or the "x should do a heel/face turn/go alone" like those are so commonplace in NJPW. Jericho is alone because he only shows up to attack or have his big matches. Jay White and Hiromu were alone for like 5 minutes on their returns.

Whatever. That's enough G1 chatter for now. The 8 hour Extreme Rules is starting soon, right? Wherein the pre-show and the opening two matches will probably be better than the rest of the show?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Extreme Rules preshow starting now (6pm EST), the actual show starts at 7pm EST. This is gonna be a loooong night.

BG Level

Not really a surprise since word got around that Hogan flew into Cleveland and he's "reinstated into HOF", but if you're going to announce that shit and say that he's backstage, why bother trying to sneak him there by traveling from Cleveland? I don't like Hogan, but well... ok, he does deserve having to travel through there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I didn't want to watch G1 Night 2 and then WWE for fear it would ruin an already weak Extreme Rules card. Watched Kagetsu vs Konami instead which, I predict, is 10000x better than either womens match tonight.

BG Level

Well, calling the tables match a letdown would be an insult to letdowns. I don't know why I was stupid enough to expect they might actually let them have a kick ass match there. Must not overshadow the B Team/Gigglefreaks tag match, I guess.

"Explain Extreme Rules in 30 seconds": approximately 2-3 matches get hardcore stipulations, a couple more get no-extreme stipulations, and the rest are just normal matches.

BG Level

lol. Why not? This division is a joke and they'll just get squashed by AOP rather than letting AOP beat a credible team.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow what an upset! B Team!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol WWE using meme font to advertise SummerSlam

BG Level

Delirium's comment got me thinking about the ladies' matches. I just looked back at the PPV lineups for the past few years. The whole "Horsewomen" thing doesn't mean much to me, and I'm dreading the inevitable Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen big tag match at some point, but where are they tonight?

July 13, 2015, Saint Stephanie announced the revolution, leading to all those great moments like the Submission Sorority and other things.

October 2016 - Becky was supposed to defend the SD championship, but had a legit injury, so the match was held back a couple weeks.
    October 2017 - Sasha was on a pre-show match against Alicia Fox

Besides those, at least one of them has had a main card match on every single PPV. End of an Era.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The blonde won. Shocker.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Who writes this shit?!?

BG Level

Io Shirai, This is Your Life... err.. Future.

BG Level

Guys, I figured it all out!

A broken down man against Slothamura in a meh match
    Styles probably winning the match by Aiden English DQ
    Raw Women's match being about a person that obviously bought a ticket to the event
    Bludgeon Brothers mercilessly beating Daniel Bryan in a handicap match
    A Ziggler/Rollins match
    KO either getting squashed or escaping in like 10 seconds

Dudes, this is all part of the plan. The entire show is supposed to be bad beyond belief so that people will cheer Roman at the end!

edit: Um, I was joking when I made this list. I'm not a WWE booker.
    edit 2: LMAO ORTON. Are you people serious?