Closed Thread
Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I believe it has precedent. If so, the artist is going to win easily.
    It's going to wind up getting settled out of court, otherwise anyone who does an NBA or MMA game is going to be shitting bricks.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There is some precedent at least. For example, CM Punk's very visible Pepsi logo tattoo always gets altered to be something else in the video games.

BG Level

Right, but that's a corporate logo. I don't really know much about tattoos in general, and while Orton's design is not some generic thing that you'd get done anywhere, until I heard about this, I didn't realize that tattoo artists might have copyrights on their stuff.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The artist would have to prove that they are her copyright works though, no?
    How do you copyright a generic tribal tattoo? How do you copyright a skull? How do you copyright a bible passage? How do you copyright a generic rose?

BG Level

Now that I looked a little more into this, I saw mention of Hangover II and the "Tyson tattoo" being covered by a copyright, so I guess you can get them for tattoos.

Considering how they flip out over someone having the audacity to cut their hair even when they're not using that as some sort of marketing thing, I wonder how they're going to react to someone daring to get a tattoo in the future. I haven't played any wrestling games in a long time since the only ones worth a damn were the THQ ones for N64 or the Smackdown Shut Your Mouth/Here Comes the Pain on PS2, but what I'm left wondering is... why now? From what I've seen, every year when they put out this shitty game, they seem to just put a few more details on the character models and/or add more crap to CAW. Not certain, but wasn't it years ago when Orton last had major ink work, so it would have been in previous games too?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Articles I've read reference the artist going after WWE since 2009.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, I heard WWE offered her something like $450, and it would have meant a shit ton of publicity/new clients and she wasn't happy with that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    RIP Bruno Sammartino.
    My dad and his dad used to watch Bruno (which is also my dad's name) at Maple Leaf Gardens in the 1960s and 1970s and they loved Bruno. Will be very sad to tell my dad about this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Scott Steiner being Scott Steiner on a conference call.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...67297166241805

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cheap heel heat, and by the replies in the tweets, a bunch of marks bought it.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The thing you need to understand is! Scott Steiner has a 33% chance of saying something offensive, unintelligible, and/or racist! But you factor in that Scott Steiner is unintelligible even on his best day and so you know that chance goes up to 66%, leaving only offensive and/or racist! Now Konnan, see, he and Scott Steiner go back so Scott Steiner feels at ease saying anything he wants about him, which means that something offensive will get said, that's just a fact! So our chances go up to 99% that something offensive and unintelligible will be said, leaving only the possibility of something racist, but you gotta add in that Konnan is Mexican, and Scott Steiner is already going to be offensive, so what it all adds up to, is there's a 125% chance that Scott Steiner is going to say something offensive, unintelligible, and racist!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    The thing you need to understand is! Scott Steiner has a 33% chance of saying something offensive, unintelligible, and/or racist! But you factor in that Scott Steiner is unintelligible even on his best day and so you know that chance goes up to 66%, leaving only offensive and/or racist! Now Konnan, see, he and Scott Steiner go back so Scott Steiner feels at ease saying anything he wants about him, which means that something offensive will get said, that's just a fact! So our chances go up to 99% that something offensive and unintelligible will be said, leaving only the possibility of something racist, but you gotta add in that Konnan is Mexican, and Scott Steiner is already going to be offensive, so what it all adds up to, is there's a 125% chance that Scott Steiner is going to say something offensive, unintelligible, and racist!
    I GET THIS REFERENCE, great work!

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

One of the greatest promos in wrestling.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    One of the greatest promos in wrestling.
    The best part is that the math actually checks out when your work it out, so either he memorized it or he was doing all the math on the fly in his promo.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He did come from a Highly Educated University, so it would make sense that he maths good.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Chapeau lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bobby Lashley has been added to the IC title ladder match at Greatest Royal Rumble. So now it's Rollins vs Balor vs Miz vs Joe vs Lashley. This card just gets more crazy each day.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

my money says Joe takes IC to smackdown and Hardy drops US back to Jinder. whomst with me?

BG Level

Joe's winning to lose it to Roman. Because "fuck you, that's why" Jinder will win the US title back in SA and lose in a newly made triple threat against Hardy and Orton at Backlash.

Brock will retain (I said it before and I wasn't joking) and will lose it ultimately to either Lashley or McIntyre, but not until they wipe CM Punk off the record books.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Booker T says he is rejoining the Raw announce team starting Monday. Don't know if he is replacing anyone or (shudder) if they are moving to a 4 man booth.

Closed Thread
Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast