Closed Thread
Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That’s pretty dope. WWE had tried to block them from MSG for a while, glad the folks at MSG told them to shove it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same night as NXT Takeover, but I can't pass up seeing Okada and Naito live for the first time.

It's gonna suck if Io Shirai is on the NXT card though

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I can't imagine how scheduling a card the night before Wrestlemania and the same day as Takeover in Madison Square Garden is anything but a declaration of their intent to compete with WWE.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I can't imagine how scheduling a card the night before Wrestlemania and the same day as Takeover in Madison Square Garden is anything but a declaration of their intent to compete with WWE.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. I don't know the comparative costs or the other venue options in terms of capacity & location, but if they just wanted to put on a big show and make some cash, there are cheaper places to do that from than the Garden.

inb4 Cuban fronts the money for this so it can be broadcast on AXS.

Speaking of G1 things, the G1 Fashion Show/Press Conference is in a couple hours. Sadly, Kenny won't be likely to fuck around during this, but I'm sure Tama Tonga screaming in his ear for 5 straight minutes and whatever ZSJ decides to talk about will make up for it.

BG Level

Mysterio is scheduled for the G1 finals, though no opponent announced at this time.

With no Hiromu on the tour, Naito and SANADA will just be a tag team each night. Not many details are getting released, but Hiromu was able to fly back to Japan a few days ago and they've said he won't need surgery.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

The Hiromu news is great. Hope they don't rush him back because he's the future of the JR division and possibly a pillar for the entire company. I didn't mind Tama's G1 interview but many saying he rambles and doesn't really have a point. Fale had a point and Hangman is scared!

About ROH and MSG, I understand how it could be perceived as ROH wanting to compete, but isn't ROH not even close to WWE? I mean, isn't it NJPW that is competing? Or is it because of the ongoing working relationship of ROH and NJPW that makes them compete? I'm honestly confused. Or is this the start of a new force consisting of Meij, Cuban, and Sinclair coming together to compete with WWE?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NJPW and ROH combined are small compared to WEE, really small. I just look at it as growth of 2 good companies.
    Although ROH might want a new booker.

WWE confirmed Io Shirai, Nicole Matthews, PROGRESS champion Jinny, and former American Ninja Warrior Kacy Catanzaro for MYC2.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

They're both small fry for sure, but only when compared to the billion-dollar global Megacorp that is WWE. From a pure numbers and reach perspective, NJPW is WWE's biggest rival in the world. It's a distant second, but it's there. Teaming with ROH, which is more or less as prominent a wrestling organization in the US as there can be without being WWE, and staking a claim in MSG, along with putting the belt on Kenny, that tells me they're making a play for greater North American numbers. WWE is fortunate to have recently closed a slew of big money broadcast deals at home and internationally, but they've been dropping viewers for a decade and those wrestling fans want to go somewhere.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    but they've been dropping viewers for a decade and those wrestling fans want to go somewhere.
    I know for myself I just read what's on boards like this and /sc so I can't claim I know anyone personally rejecting WWE, but the drops in viewership and the rise in the independent scene does tell us the public wants an alternative to WWE. While I rarely watch WWE anymore, I don't want it to fail because that's peoples jobs. However, I want NJPW, ROH, Impact, and anyone else that can thrive to succeed. Competition breeds the best to come out of people. It would be great to see great story lines and what not back into WWE instead of Bailey/Sasha counseling or Roman's thousandth attempt to beat Brock.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I can only imagine the crowd reaction this Sunday when Roman beats Bobby lashley to setup Roman vs Brock part 32. lmao

BG Level

He can
    He will
    ...be forced into another title match with Brock.

Poor guy just can't catch a break! This conspiracy against him is out of control.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Maybe my googlefu is failing me, but I'm trying to figure out how many times Roman and Brock have been in a title match to see how many times he lost and I can't find a tally.

I know there's the loss at 30 to Seth when he cashed in and made it a triple threat
    Last year's Wrestlemania 1v1 loss
    GRR 1v1 Cage match and lost

Any other matches I'm missing? I know there's got to be more.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fatal 4 way at Summerslam 2017?

And technically the 2016 Royal Rumble was a title match but Roman was champ and HHH won lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Holy shit I forgot about haitch winning the strap in 2016 lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Fatal 4 way at Summerslam 2017?

And technically the 2016 Royal Rumble was a title match but Roman was champ and HHH won lol
    Forgot the fatal 4 way, but was looking specifically for matches that involved both Roman and Brock at the same time since the whole thing now is it's a conspiracy to keep him away from Brock lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Also, how the fuck did this happen. WWE made a shirt for Askua that actually isn't terrible.

https://shop.wwe.com/asuka-the-empre...rr=USD&start=1

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    It's a Championship damn it!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I was there to see it happen live in Orlando! Same night AJ Styles debuted, and Ambrose/Owens had a pretty sick Last Man Standing Match.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Night 1 of the G1 was pretty good. Especially enjoyed Tana vs MiSu and Okada vs Knife Pervert.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Almas vs Sin Cara rematch has been added to the Extreme Rules preshow. Between this and New Day vs Sanity in a tables match, I’m gonna have to actually watch a preshow again.