1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ungarmax Drama - Squadron Limit Break Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    And can be used in combat? Wow
    I just saw someone use Ungarmax in an expert dungeon lol /ac "Ungarmax"

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    And can be used in combat? Wow
    Not really. The description says you can, and it'll let you cast it, but at the end of the cast you get "unable to leave the area" similar to teleporting when a duty comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I just saw someone use Ungarmax in an expert dungeon lol /ac "Ungarmax"
    That's still around? Figured they would've patched that by now. That was right when squadrons were introduced.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hahaha wow, that really does work. that's kinda neat actually

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ungarmax Drama - Squadron Limit Break Exploit

Gathering all the drama about this exploit here

Reddit topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...k_ungarmax_in/

See it in action in Sigma 2 Savage https://streamable.com/01c1r

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's more than just that, try out other major limit breaks from other titles, they're present in the game in a debug fashion, you can give yourself and everybody perma living dead. This game is actually running in a perma debug mode it would seem LOL

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

kinda want to play around with this before it gets fixed

kinda don't want to get banned. because banning the one random guy who does it for kicks in an Expert roulette is exactly what I expect from Square Enix.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll feign innocence at that point. While the other 3 in your party will report your ass to the ground with it, I'll just say "I accidentally hit the Ungermax button that was on my hotbar". Can't help it if it goes off.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There is 0% chance you'll get banned for using ungarmax lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly if people aren't gonna get banned for spell speed or ruin 4 hacking then you'll be fine

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Tbh I don't care. If I go out for using Ungarmax in roulettes, I'm at peace with it

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

/ac warp is a free use of your return, 0 gil, 0 cooldown

all npc actions seem to work a well.

edit and here comes the maint lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

well that was fun. literally the only time ever as healer I will use a damaging limit break. it was glorious and now I truly feel that I was part of a moment in time. a time that was... simple. a time when people could Ungarmax.

also GDI maintenance

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

TBH healer LB1 and LB2 becoming a free balance would be infinitely more useful.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    There is 0% chance you'll get banned for using ungarmax lol
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4596362

This is Naoki Yoshida, Producer and Director of FFXIV.
    Allow me to provide updates on the current situation here.

There is various other information on external websites that is causing confusion, but it was in fact late last night (Japanese time) that the development team – myself included – learned of this bug, in the same way as many others did.

Regardless of how and why, at the same time as confirming the truth of what is written on the other websites, we consider this a highly urgent bug and made preparations to fix it promptly. That was what the Emergency Maintenance earlier was for. Apologies that the information as to why was delayed.

The bug has been fixed, and the action is no longer usable in content other than what it is meant for.
    We are currently continuing to communicate with the NA and EU teams as there is an issue with time difference, but are proceeding accordingly to confirm the below points:
    Whether or not the comment written on the external website reporting that "it was reported to the GM team four months ago" is true or not.
    If it was, then why was the issue not reported accordingly back then.
    Identify the amount of characters that are "assumed to have intentionally used" this action for incorrect means.

The bug, that has now been fixed, could have occurred accidentally by the incorrect use of a macro that had been put in place for the standard use of the action in some exact conditions if they were met by chance. Therefore, we will be careful in our decision as to who used it deliberately.

In order for the research into this to be done, keeping in mind the issue of time difference, we ask for your time and patience on this.

We will be in touch upon gathering and summing up the necessary information, including what needs to be done going forward to prevent this issue occurring again.

We sincerely apologize for this bug and the time taken to fix it.
    Thank you for your patience until we send the next notification on this matter.
    Feels familiar...

Especially "Therefore, we will be careful in our decision as to who used it deliberately." There's some kind of decision coming in regards to those who used it. Also looks like there might be someone at SE potentially in trouble for dropping the ball.

...this might deserve its own thread at this point.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I swear to god if this is the one time they actually follow through I will be pissed.

Like I said, banning people for using it once in a roulette is exactly the kind of stupid I expect from the XIV devs. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It's more than just that, try out other major limit breaks from other titles, they're present in the game in a debug fashion, you can give yourself and everybody perma living dead. This game is actually running in a perma debug mode it would seem LOL
    What limit breaks were these and did you need an LB3 bar?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If people get banned Imma make a shit on reddit because this fuck still hasn't had shit happen to him.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...acter/6812728/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    What limit breaks were these and did you need an LB3 bar?
    LB1 worked. It does damage (someone said 2700 potency), can still be used by tanks/healers, gives +50% damage buff to everyone in party (in range) for 15 seconds and if used by an AST, can be extended with CO for 25 seconds for the group and another 15 seconds on 1 person with time dilation.

And coincidentially people had just realised there was a quick way to LB1 in O6S by being naked before pull, swapping to proper gear, pulling with shields up and surviving initial aoe.

video of it in action:

https://streamable.com/01c1r (warning nerdscreams involved)

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    LB1 worked. It does damage (someone said 2700 potency), can still be used by tanks/healers, gives +50% damage buff to everyone in party (in range) for 15 seconds and if used by an AST, can be extended with CO for 25 seconds for the group and another 15 seconds on 1 person with time dilation.

And coincidentially people had just realised there was a quick way to LB1 in O6S by being naked before pull, swapping to proper gear, pulling with shields up and surviving initial aoe.

video of it in action:

https://streamable.com/01c1r (warning nerdscreams involved)
    Nah he was saying other major title LBS with perma living dead. I imagine that one's Holy Gospel or something. I know about the squadron one. Thanks tho

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Nah he was saying other major title LBS with perma living dead. I imagine that one's Holy Gospel or something. I know about the squadron one. Thanks tho
    Oh, my bad. Well, still good to have a tl;dr with the video in here for people I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast