+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are Team Rocket leaders supposed to be done at 40? I’m 33 with some decent max Pokémons and using the correct weaknesses and they are absolutely wrecking me with each one have 2x shields, I can only reliably down their first one before my entire team is wiped out. Help?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I managed to beat the only one I've come across so far at level 25 but I got super lucky with having a type advantage

Edit:for reference sake, my highest CP pokemon is around 2200-2300 CP

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Are Team Rocket leaders supposed to be done at 40? I’m 33 with some decent max Pokémons and using the correct weaknesses and they are absolutely wrecking me with each one have 2x shields, I can only reliably down their first one before my entire team is wiped out. Help?
    I’ve only done one and that was Cliff. He used Meowth > Flygon > Torterra and I used Machampx2 and a double ice Mamoswine. I’m lv39 and just about won but I could’ve done so ALOT more comfortably if I had mons with better typings & movesets (Swampert with mudshot etc). There’s a couple of ok guides out there which show you what an ideal team is, problem is the leaders can choose from a range of 7 mons to pick for their team of 3 so you may get unlucky with typing match-ups

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gonna need some of my BG friends to do Great League trainer battles for research goals. Y’all PM me if you want to set up a time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This is probably the first actual difficult quest line the game has produced. Luckily the prize is just a stupid Articuno. I'm level 35 and after overhauling my dudes I've managed to get all but Seirra down.

*Optimize your best Pokemon for these setups, especially Machamps/Lucarios, Tyranitars, and Melmetal helps a ton if you bought Let's Go Pikachu/Evee.
    **This means choose your best rated of the bunch, power them up as much as you can afford, and use TMs to optimize your best movesets for them.
    *Tactics-wise your first goal is to slap down the Rocket Leaders two sheilds as fast as you can so you can start doing real damage. That means using a Pokemon with a fast charging special move Melmetal's earth move is great at this.
    *Exploit the 3 seconds of down time you get when you switch out a new Pokemon. When you swap in a new Pokemon you get 3 seconds when the enemy isn't attacking. Use this to attack and hold your charged attack until that window is down because it's just free time to do a little more damage.
    *Sometimes you just have to get lucky with the party of Pokemon the leader randomly chooses. Some may be better or worse for your setup and this is just partly luck of the draw.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My 7th day research Pokémon today was a shiny Zapdos so I feel like I’ve beaten the game now.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is it the same for everyone each time? So far I've gotten a regular Articuno, a shiny Articuno, 2 regular Groudons and last week a regular Moltres

Ridill
    BG Level

Its random.
    Random based on the pool of pokemon Niantic made available for the time frame that is.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did like 12 raids during the event today, no shinies

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Niantic x QualComm
    Today at Qualcomm Technologies’ annual Snapdragon Technology Summit 2019, it was an honor to join Hugo Swart, VP & Head of XR, on stage to introduce our intentions to execute a multi-year joint collaboration on an integrated design spanning AR glasses reference hardware, software, and cloud-components.

To ensure interoperability with today's latest AR innovations and accelerate the development of tomorrow’s devices, the platform plans to be optimized first for:
    • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ XR2 Platform: The world’s first 5G-supported XR platform. It unites Qualcomm Technologies’ expertise in XR, 5G and AI to provide breakthrough technology to help usher in a new era of XR. This premium-quality platform unveils innovative features and boasts multiple firsts for XR that can be scaled across AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality) and MR (mixed reality).
    • Niantic Real World Platform: Niantic's core technology stack that includes an AR-first SDK enabling high quality, immersive end user experiences and integrated cloud services capable of "world scale" to support millions of concurrent users in a shared AR experience.

At Niantic, we’re unlocking the potential to create next generation AR experiences through the Niantic Real World Platform, and building new ways to map, share and understand reality. The Niantic Real World Platform has been proven out by hundreds of millions of users, through consumer experiences such as Ingress, Pokémon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

Last month, we announced the Niantic Creator Program and the Niantic Beyond Reality Fund which will open up the Niantic Real World Platform to the talented developers around the world to help achieve their visions in creating location-based and AR experiences. We’re excited to also share that access to this new collaborative architecture between Niantic and Qualcomm Technologies is expected to be provided to creators via the Niantic Creator Program when available. Developers and creators can apply to the Niantic Creator Program at niantic.dev.

We’re looking forward to helping move the entire AR industry forward as we work together with Qualcomm Technologies to define a true end-to-end architecture - inclusive of hardware, software, and cloud technologies.

- Phil Keslin, Co-founder and CTO of Niantic
    https://nianticlabs.com/blog/qualcomm/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did like 12 raids during the event today, no shinies
    Well today I didn’t get any raid shinies but I got FOUR shinies over the course a few hours which is a new record for me. Started off with an Onix, then a Scyther, then a Spoink, and finally a Misdreavus. Couldn’t believe it.

Ridill
    BG Level

I feel like wild shinies are a bit more common now than there were before. Though it's probably just because there's a lot more pokemon that are able to be shiny.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got my first 50km walked in a week reward. I was at 43km last night around 8pm and I was like screw this I’m getting my 50k BAY BEEEEE

Also BG people CHECK YOUR GIFTS

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m on the “Make 3 Excellent Curveball Throws” research task fuuuuuck

Ridill
    BG Level

I’m on the “Make 3 Excellent Curveball Throws” research task fuuuuuck
    I always toss that research. Larvitar is the reward, with a small chance of shiny. Unless you really, really, really want a a larvitar, I'd still just get rid of it and keep an eye out for the larvitar raids happening this weekend lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I would but it’s special research so I’m stuck with it. 1 down 2 to go

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This community weekend was a lot of fun. Lots of shinies and moves unlocked. I dig it.

This community weekend was a lot of fun. Lots of shinies and moves unlocked. I dig it.
    I had fun but now I’m stuck in a dilemma. I evolved my first metagross a week before they announced the event. Due to things like this I’m wondering if it’s just best to never evolve any (err ok most as some moves are worse) previous community day Pokémon in hopes of a similar event next year so I can get the special moves.

Ridill
    BG Level

This is the 2nd year in a row they've done this so I presume its safe to say it'll happen again next year. As for waiting for it, that just generally depends on how much candy you have and honestly, the only ones that really have any sort of lasting impact with their community day moves is Metagross, Blaziken, Swampert and Salamance. Many of the community day moves are better than what the pokemon can normally get, but you aren't really going to be using them in a way that makes them critically useful.

Really depends if you have the patience to wait on filling up your pokedex. I know I don't worry about it since most community days give you ample opportunity to get more candy for said pokemon. Granted, the raid pokemon does make that a bit more challenging than the wild pokemon. So it all comes back to how much patience you have.

I was doing some xmas/baby shopping both days and with towing around the preggers wife, I didn't get to do nearly as much catching as i wanted and nearly no raids as we would have had to go out of our way for them, which sucked because the only shiny versions I'm missing, aside from Tochic are the original starters. Only shinies I managed to catch were Totodile, Bagon, and Treecko- and an unrelated Lilpup. And all 3 are ugly-ass green lol.
    Would have liked a slakoth and Trapinch shiny since I only had one of them each- and I ran into a fuckload of these two as well, but that didn't happen. I actually missed mostly all of the original Trapinch event. We were moving that day, at exactly that time. I logged in once and had 1 trapinch at my house, which was a shiny. So I went 1/1 on it so I didn't feel so bad about missing most of the rest of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    This is the 2nd year in a row they've done this so I presume its safe to say it'll happen again next year. As for waiting for it, that just generally depends on how much candy you have and honestly, the only ones that really have any sort of lasting impact with their community day moves is Metagross, Blaziken, Swampert and Salamance. Many of the community day moves are better than what the pokemon can normally get, but you aren't really going to be using them in a way that makes them critically useful.

Really depends if you have the patience to wait on filling up your pokedex. I know I don't worry about it since most community days give you ample opportunity to get more candy for said pokemon. Granted, the raid pokemon does make that a bit more challenging than the wild pokemon. So it all comes back to how much patience you have.

I was doing some xmas/baby shopping both days and with towing around the preggers wife, I didn't get to do nearly as much catching as i wanted and nearly no raids as we would have had to go out of our way for them, which sucked because the only shiny versions I'm missing, aside from Tochic are the original starters. Only shinies I managed to catch were Totodile, Bagon, and Treecko- and an unrelated Lilpup. And all 3 are ugly-ass green lol.
    Would have liked a slakoth and Trapinch shiny since I only had one of them each- and I ran into a fuckload of these two as well, but that didn't happen. I actually missed mostly all of the original Trapinch event. We were moving that day, at exactly that time. I logged in once and had 1 trapinch at my house, which was a shiny. So I went 1/1 on it so I didn't feel so bad about missing most of the rest of the event.
    Dude the blue final evolution of Treeko looks awesome as a shiny!

Also are we friends on pogo? Stucky602 is my name on there too. Code is 5656 3455 5701 otherwise. I am not sure if you can trade over long distance once you reach certain friend levels but if you can i got three slag shinies during the event and would happily toss one your way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag