+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm gonna go with new entry. together with some of the reasons already outlined by others, the logo typography/stylizing is completely different from smash 4. i don't feel like a port would get the sort of dramatic reveal treatment that this did.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I hope Fox gets Star Fox Zero skin since Mario and Link are changing. Really tired of him looking like Command's Fox since Brawl.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Some guesses as to who is shown. Not sure if people will be annoyed, so spoilered.

Spoiler: show

Some people are guessing the one not highlighted is Shulk. Others are saying ZSS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My guess:

With who we can plainly see without any reservation, I think you have to place the original 12 first.

A, C, D, F, H, I, J, K, N, O are the respective first games entrants sans Luigi. ?-1 for now i'm pinning as Fox. The ears and face on N are clearly Pikachu to me.

Then, you have to place obvious characters like Pit (B), Marth (G), Shulk (that Monado hilt - L), and Bowser (M).

Which leaves us with Lucas (E), ?-2 and ?-3. I have no idea if ?-2 is Bowser's hand or not, but noone else would be in an aggressive pose if it is Bowser's hand so I marked it as a character. It could be Megaman holding the buster arm upwards. ?-3 looks like Zelda, but it's too hard to tell. Could also be Lucina as the new FE franchise face.

Recap from left to right:

Yoshi, Pit, DK, Ness+Lucas, Kirby, Marth, Mario, Link, Captain Falcon, Fox (below), Samus, Shulk, Unknown (Megaman?), Bowser, Pikachu, Unknown (Zelda/Lucina), Jiggly.

I have a really hard time believing they would have had enough to to rebuild, develop, and balance a whole new game in the two years since the last DLC hit - especially if Sakurai and HAL are doing the development. Sakurai isn't going to turn around a game like this in under 2 years - it's not at all his design approach or philosophy.

If it is a straight up Smash 5, then Sakurai's and Bamco's statements about their respective involvement are out of context.

Much more likely that HAL has taken Smash Wii U's game, upgraded assets for the Switch, and has been working on a handful of new characters over the past 2 years. That is much more plausible.

Now the caveat here, if it is Smash 5; could this be what Retro has been doing all along? Retro, more than anyone except maybe Monolith, could have had NX dev kits 3 years ago. With Retro doing the heavy lifting, HAL providing support, and Bamco providing smaller stuff like testing and debugging, I can see them getting a brand new Smash title from inception to completion in the almost 4 year timespan.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I think your picks for Captain and Zelda are good. The possible Zelda could definitely have long hair and elf-ish ears.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wild speculation mode, but GX were making a good case for Kos-Mos in Smash lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

See, this is why I love Smash speculation so much. Every time a new 3rd party is discussed, everything is on the table and its all hype train.

I don't know how many more characters they can add though without it becoming silly for 3rd parties. I'd like to think Ryu is legacy enough to be kept around, Bayonetta is needed for the cross promotion since its essentially a Nintendo franchise now. Cloud may be bumped for a more Nintendo centric FF rep, but he remains the face of the franchise aside from Lightning and will probably be kept around if SE wills it.

I would much rather Rex+Pyra enter as a new Ice Climbers type than adding KOS-MOS. And that still doesnt address the poor offerings of other mainstay Nintendo franchises like Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero or even much desired characters like Mike Jones.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    See, this is why I love Smash speculation so much. Every time a new 3rd party is discussed, everything is on the table and its all hype train.

I don't know how many more characters they can add though without it becoming silly for 3rd parties. I'd like to think Ryu is legacy enough to be kept around, Bayonetta is needed for the cross promotion since its essentially a Nintendo franchise now. Cloud may be bumped for a more Nintendo centric FF rep, but he remains the face of the franchise aside from Lightning and will probably be kept around if SE wills it.

I would much rather Rex+Pyra enter as a new Ice Climbers type than adding KOS-MOS. And that still doesnt address the poor offerings of other mainstay Nintendo franchises like Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero or even much desired characters like Mike Jones.
    What about for Rex, they do something similar to what they did with Shulk, and he could switch between Mythra and Pyra, changing how Rex plays? With True Form Pyra final smash?

Also, how about replacing Ganondorf with Toon Ganondorf?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've wanted Hyrule Warriors Impa or Tetra for a while. Wind Waker Ganon would be neat, but I can understand Nintendo wanting Ganondorf to be menacing and dark which his Twilight Princess version embodies completely.

I can see Rex/Pyra working as more of a Pokemon Trainer type addition than a Shulk one. If you allow him to cycle through Pyra/Mythra/Nia and then Pneuma is a final smash I think that could work well while keeping him distinct from Shulk and his Monado.

I've just become so comfortable with Toon Link as my main now. Don't want anything to change his playstyle.

Also, Klonoa please. Now is the time.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post

And this is why i personally hate speculation

So much time invested for possibly no reason lol

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, I wonder if Atlus will ever get 3rd Party representation? Jack Frost could be fun.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I still want Simon Belmont

BG Level

Super Smash Bros: Switch Edition - 2018

This is probably a total reach, but with this tweet from a couple days ago: https://twitter.com/marcin360/status...677872640?s=21

Perhaps Geralt will be in smash? That’d be amazing

(But it’s probably going to be soul calibur)

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

C'moooooooooon Bomberman!

BG Level

Come on Rose Gold Peach version

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think you mean Neko-Peach and Neko-Mario.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I think you mean Neko-Peach and Neko-Mario.
    Pft Tanooki Mario is better

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Can Mario get his actual girlfriend Pauline for once and stop chasing thot Peach?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Can Mario get his actual girlfriend Pauline for once and stop chasing thot Peach?
    Daisy*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag