Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    I have no idea whomst the fuck that is can someone break it down
    Uncultured swine.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    They said 5 tracks per DLC character, right? If so fingers crossed for...

-Last Surprise
    -Blooming Villain
    -Rivers in the Desert
    -Jabaloth
    -Willpower
    I'm hoping (betting) there will also be a palace theme thrown in there too, so I wouldn't be opposed to Whims of Fate or Days when mother was there, especially if they rearrange them. Given the P5 soundtrack though I wouldn't be surprised if they break their rules and add a bunch of P5/Persona songs in general too if Atlus allows.

This blows away all my expectations. Maximum hype.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Game will arrive monday

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I went to a game stop midnight release with my nephew. They had a small smash tourney with the starting roster (new characters unlocked as the matches went on). One v one timed matches. I won and they gave me a smash bros pin and their large smash bros poster. I ordered my copy from Amazon and it should arrive sometime today.

Feel free to add my friend code. I will add the people who posted theirs when I get a chance.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I lost my shit when they announced Joker. Holy cow nothing feels off the table now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release
    In a video that aired during The Game Awards, Nintendo revealed that Joker from the critically acclaimed Persona 5 game will be coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch as a playable DLC fighter. Joker is included in the first of five planned DLC packs, each containing one playable fighter, one new stage and a handful of music tracks. Each pack can be purchased for $5.99 each, but players can also purchase the Fighter’s Pass for $24.99, giving them access to all five DLC packs as they release.

The Persona games are a spinoff of the popular Shin Megami Tensei franchise, which has a long and storied history in the world of video games – with many of the games appearing on Nintendo systems. Sporting an iconic mask and a variety of weapons, Joker is the main character of Persona 5, a beloved game that won Best Role-Playing Game and was nominated for Game of the Year at last year’s The Game Awards.

The digital version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches in Nintendo eShop at 9 p.m. PT tonight (Dec. 6), with the physical version hitting stores on Dec. 7. In this massive video game crossover event, every fighter in Super Smash Bros. history is back, and they’re joined by newcomers like Daisy from the Super Mario series, Chrom from Fire Emblem, Inkling from Splatoon, Ridley and Dark Samus from Metroid, Ken from Street Fighter, Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong series, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Incineroar from Pokémon, and, soon, Joker from Persona 5. Anyone who purchases and registers a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game with My Nintendo by Jan. 31, 2019, will receive Piranha Plant as a free playable fighter. With a smashing amount of content, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest Super Smash Bros. game ever. For more information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, visit smashbros.com.

“The Game Awards coupled with the launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate marks one of the video game industry’s biggest nights, so it’s the ideal place to share news about one of the most anticipated games of the year,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, who announced the Joker news to The Game Awards audience. “Even as we celebrate the best that our industry has to offer, we’re looking ahead to more excitement and surprises in 2019.”

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

In a video that aired during The Game Awards, Nintendo revealed that Joker from the critically acclaimed Persona 5 game will be coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch as a playable DLC fighter. Joker is included in the first of five planned DLC packs, each containing one playable fighter, one new stage and a handful of music tracks. Each pack can be purchased for $5.99 each, but players can also purchase the Fighter’s Pass for $24.99, giving them access to all five DLC packs as they release.
    Hmmm where to put it... nintEAndo EAntertEAinmEAnt.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game Awards Ads

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

Hmmm where to put it... nintEAndo EAntertEAinmEAnt.
    Gonna go with Nintendo EntertainmEAnt.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

So, paid DLC makes them EA? lol that's been a thing for most companies for a very..long time. Price isn't unreasonable or something. I don't get it.

I don't know but $5-$6 for a character, stage and 4-5 songs doesn't seem that much for a game that I already enjoy and pretty much can be played with friends forever.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Or just release the game with all the characters from the start or for free. Whatever though it's your nickels and dimes.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Game prices haven't risen in years, but the costs to develop, produce, and distribute definitely have. Not to mention continued development. Paid DLCs were an inevitability.

Or they were ripping us off in the 90s and 00s.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Or just release the game with all the characters from the start or for free. Whatever though it's your nickels and dimes.
    If you're gonna keep playing games you're gonna have to accept this age is long gone.

Nintendo was one of the major holdouts of some of these tactics, but even they're now offering season passes for completely unannounced DLC.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I 'member when prices rose from 49.99 to 59.99! Or maybe I was a kid and never knew what the fuck. I just remember walking into a Babbages and suddenly the prices weren't the same.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just doesn't seem like much of a dlc to me. Maybe if it was more significant but I get that would cost more. It's a different model being lower priced for less for a console but it reminds me of a mobile game purchase.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I mean you can always just play it without.

Fighting games have been doing it this way for a while now, and I agree it's annoying. But I'm going to play Smash enough that I don't want to be losing out on characters.

I never played Persona 5 though so I may wait until a character appeals to me before buying the season pass.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most fighting games offer additional characters in the 5 to 6 bucks range, and since Smash is still pretending to be a fighting game after all these years it makes sense Nintendo would copy the model.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm more pissed that we keep getting fighting games that don't have all the non dlc characters unlocked straight outta the box.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag