+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Whats wrong with any of those?

As long as your "statement" isn't calling for harm against others, who the fuck cares?
    There's nothing inherently wrong with the statements, they're something most can prolly (or should) get behind. The problem is you're making them on Nintendo's platform. If they don't keep that in check, then where's the line drawn? Besides, why would you name a stage a statement? Let's be real. You didn't have some artistic vision of a great stage with a thought provoking or meaningful name, you were making a statement on Nintendo's public platform. As Kirin said, there's little doubt what the result would be. It reeks of someone trying to intentionally tap into outrage culture to get some clicks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    then where's the line drawn?
    When it promotes harm against others

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Whats the GSP threshold to unlock elite smash?? I'm at ~4.45mil at the moment and struggling to get higher... Can't imagine it's that much higher.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Super Smash Bros: Ultimate Switch Edition - December 7, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Whats the GSP threshold to unlock elite smash?? I'm at ~4.45mil at the moment and struggling to get higher... Can't imagine it's that much higher.
    Character dependent, afaik, wolf is at 4.6-4.7mil, Dedede for me is 4.65mil

Tbh i stopped caring for quickplay and gsp cuz of boosters, i rather make an arena and play 1v1. I only played 2 people from bg, disappointed.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Whats wrong with any of those?

As long as your "statement" isn't calling for harm against others, who the fuck cares?
    It's not a matter of wrong or right so much as Nintendo, in the end, is a business. Politically divisive topics in general would be against their code of conduct simply due to potential lost revenue. Whether or not it's right to remove a trans rights flag (it's not) isn't so much the question here. Nintendo may act like the happy go lucky grandpa of the gaming world but they're just as corporate as any other, they will put their business first and ask questions later. Perfectly within their rights to not have their platform used as a political weapon.

Wow just noticed how olde this news was, thought this thread moved faster than that.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Character dependent, afaik, wolf is at 4.6-4.7mil, Dedede for me is 4.65mil

Tbh i stopped caring for quickplay and gsp cuz of boosters, i rather make an arena and play 1v1. I only played 2 people from bg, disappointed.
    I hear ya, though I see less boosters as I climb higher in GSP. I main Cloud, do you happen to know what the numbers are for him? And let me know when you're on and we can go a few rounds.

I find it really hard to get some game time in though with everything going on in life. Feels like years since I've been on these boards. Miss you fools lol.

Kuro268
    SW-7142-9758-1311

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hear ya, though I see less boosters as I climb higher in GSP. I main Cloud, do you happen to know what the numbers are for him? And let me know when you're on and we can go a few rounds.

I find it really hard to get some game time in though with everything going on in life. Feels like years since I've been on these boards. Miss you fools lol.

Kuro268
    SW-7142-9758-1311
    I added you, i have no idea on cloud, i only knew of wolf cuz my friend plays him, and i’m a D3 main, used to play Lucas and Ness too, but putting more focus on Palutena, Lucina, and Zero Suit Samus.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I added you, i have no idea on cloud, i only knew of wolf cuz my friend plays him, and i’m a D3 main, used to play Lucas and Ness too, but putting more focus on Palutena, Lucina, and Zero Suit Samus.
    Cool cool. I'm on now if you wanna go a few?

I wonder how far I am. Cloud seems to have a low barrier for skill to be nasty with I feel. He's really easy to play. Got pissed last night cause I was about to get to 4.55 mil and the switch died while I'm 3 stocking some dude.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cool cool. I'm on now if you wanna go a few?

I wonder how far I am. Cloud seems to have a low barrier for skill to be nasty with I feel. He's really easy to play. Got pissed last night cause I was about to get to 4.55 mil and the switch died while I'm 3 stocking some dude.
    I’ll make an arena now

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I’ll make an arena now
    WOW that first match against your Zero Suit. LOL

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

GG man, i am seeing how much bs cloud is, he has 0 recovery lol. Was a lot of fun!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

GG man, i am seeing how much bs cloud is, he has 0 recovery lol. Was a lot of fun!
    Yeah bro, good games. Cloud's up-B is really good as a gtfo move not good for getting back on the stage though. It took a lot of getting used to after playing with Marth so long who's recovery is sick.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tbh it’s great cuz i really do not know the cloud matchup as i thought i did, but it feels like he has 0 startup on everything and punishing him felt impossible lol.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Tbh it’s great cuz i really do not know the cloud matchup as i thought i did, but it feels like he has 0 startup on everything and punishing him felt impossible lol.
    Heh yeah. Cloud's best move imo is Up-B cause of the 0 startup, gets you out of danger, and puts you in a situation where you can string together some combos with Side-B. I've been watching a lot of gameplay of Cloud plays (Cheekz and Spargo) and I find that they rarely use it all which is crazy to me. Maybe they think it's easily punishable like Kirby's Up-B? lol

Also when playing against Cloud and you're trying to recover, it's almost always best to not dodge the random Blade Beams cause theres a smash waiting as soon as you choose that option.

I need to get some videos up when I get a chance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Maybe someone here who pays more attention to more competitive side of smash could answer this for me. I don't really watch any competitive smash so I'm not sure who is good at their character or not when looking up videos. I feel like I've hit my current ceiling or am close to it with my main, F Corrin. Anyone know of a good player to watch videos of to help me improve?

Heh yeah. Cloud's best move imo is Up-B cause of the 0 startup, gets you out of danger, and puts you in a situation where you can string together some combos with Side-B. I've been watching a lot of gameplay of Cloud plays (Cheekz and Spargo) and I find that they rarely use it all which is crazy to me. Maybe they think it's easily punishable like Kirby's Up-B? lol

Also when playing against Cloud and you're trying to recover, it's almost always best to not dodge the random Blade Beams cause theres a smash waiting as soon as you choose that option.

I need to get some videos up when I get a chance.
    I have to find it again but I saw a Cloud mirror that was basically battle of the Up B, it was amazing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    Maybe someone here who pays more attention to more competitive side of smash could answer this for me. I don't really watch any competitive smash so I'm not sure who is good at their character or not when looking up videos. I feel like I've hit my current ceiling or am close to it with my main, F Corrin. Anyone know of a good player to watch videos of to help me improve?
    I think the problem with Corrin is more he is a pocket character to some players but never a main character in Ultimate.

Armada played around with him near launch, don't know how far he got in breaking the character down. Seth is also a Yoshi main but i've seen him pull Corrin out sparingly. You can probably find more prominent smashers like Zero or Leffen who have done some character breakdowns on Corrin even without them being a main choice.

For Smash 4, outside of Ultimate specific techs, Cosmos is the Corrin I saw the most often in watching tournaments.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I think the problem with Corrin is more he is a pocket character to some players but never a main character in Ultimate.

Armada played around with him near launch, don't know how far he got in breaking the character down. Seth is also a Yoshi main but i've seen him pull Corrin out sparingly. You can probably find more prominent smashers like Zero or Leffen who have done some character breakdowns on Corrin even without them being a main choice.

For Smash 4, outside of Ultimate specific techs, Cosmos is the Corrin I saw the most often in watching tournaments.
    Yeah I've seen some of Corrins move get a little nerf from Smash 4 to here, since it seemed like all the DLC characters there were not as balanced the main cast. Well that will explain why I haven't really seen many things about Corrin mains placing very high in tournament brackets

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Who's awake and wants to kick my ass

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag