+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Feels like theres something big going down soon.

1. 2 different sources now saying a direct is imminent, and that it will involve new smash characters, not echoes.

2. Guy who leaked Cloud in Smash 4 is now saying Square and/or Nintendo are in a big internal tizzy regarding some image leaks over the past few days.

3. Beginning a few days ago, 2 different sources each leaked a different picture of a specific fighter. The image quality is average at best, and it doesn't match what we now know as Smash Ultimate graphics 100%, but each picture seems to have no "dumb" mistakes. A third unrelated source has since also leaked the pics.

Spoiler: show

4. Continued rumors regarding Spirit mode being the Subspace Emissary replacement as well.

We may be getting a direct announcement as soon as tomorrow, if some are to be believed.

I'm not super surprised considering all the other characters fit in that big Smash leak from a while back, but also very hesitant because this almost seems "too good to be to true" thing. If that is true then this may break the internet lol. The reactions on youtube will be great if true.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As much as I want that fighter in, I'm staying skeptical as well. They would be much better served not in an ultra realistic model like shown, but in a Toon Link type design done to honor the source material.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Messiah will be here soon!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Those pics are uncanny valley...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll give smash boards credit.

For as much as they want this specific character in the game they're doing their damndest to try and prove its a fake screenshot and have yet to do so.

Best debunk they have right now is that it's from Delfino plaza (the blue screen, not the victory screens), and some of the lighting doesn't make sense. But Delfino Plaza isn't in the demo build to my knowledge so theyre not sure if the lighting can shift or not.

BG Level

I'm kind of calling BS on the images myself since if Nintendo and/or SE were freaking out and wanting an emergency direct I would think we would have got news on something for next week by now.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have been listening to the forest maze theme nonstop at work (well, when I'm listening to music, as opposed to regular music) for the past couple weeks.

Channeling all my my energy. I will only stop once he's announced! (And then hopefully listen to their badass remix of it instead!)

Geeeenoooo whiiiiiiiirl!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I had the forest maze song set to my ringtone for a long time a few years ago. <3

BG Level

I can't think of the Forest Maze without this popping into my head:

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Geno getting in means more to me than simply having the character itself, who is badass enough. Getting him in unlocks that game's absurdly great OST. Who the fuck doesn't want a Booster/Bukki's Tower remake? A Bowser's Castle 2.0? A smithy theme?

Make it happen, Sakurai! We've waited long enough!

I could very easily see them holding onto Geno and Isaac reveals to coincide with releases on the virtual network as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm hearing a few things that Geno will be Smash 5's Mewtwo. Unavailable upon release, but will be the first DLC unit unlocked and if you bought Switch Online for the year you will get him for free.

Along with Geno and the soundtrack, it also has Square at least open to the idea of doing a true Mario RPG2.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I can't think of the Forest Maze without this popping into my head:
    This is the one I'm used to.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Grain of salt, but this feels like the Gematsu leak that everyone said was total BS.

Best I can gather, is that a industrial printshop (somewhere in Europe or who speaks french) was hired to print cover inserts for Smash Ultimate. Someone grabbed a blurry photo of the spine artwork that happens to have ALL the characters and includes some considerable artwork movement across the panorama shot of all fights we have already seen.

Original 4chan/Instagram post - Instagram was quickly deleted. Note the empty battlefield artwork.

Few notes:

1. Empty battlefield artwork has not been released as far as I am concerned.
    2. This would then line up with the Corocoro leak of 108 stages if Geno, Isaac, B&K, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids all bring a stage.
    3. Considerable movement for existing fighters on the panorama artwork was done. Among them:
    • Mii Fighters were moved for Shadow and grouped together above K. Rool.
    • Mii Gunner was moved entirely to make Banjo room.
    • Olimar was shifted to Snake's left to make room for Isaac.
    • Space for Ken already exists.
    • Luigi was moved and replaced by the Mii Fighter trio. Luigi was shifted to be above Bowser.
    • Marth was shifted to the up + right AND had his stance change to accommodate Mach Rider.
    • Geno space already exists above Ness and below Dark Samus.
    • Pokemon Trainer was shifted right and Jigglypuff was moved closer to Geno to make room for Chorus Kids.

4. Sakurai had the big deal about buying something that looks a LOT like Mach Rider to use as a "reference point" for his current work.

Really the only downside is Rex/Pyra or Malos additions. Could be reserved for DLC because to me they're the most likely 1st party early additions to sell a DLC set on their own.

It may truly be happening. Best timeline.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My body is ready

BG Level

I'm kind of calling BS on the Geno stuff. Seems like we'd hear something by now about a direct if legit and SE was flipping out over it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm kind of calling BS on the Geno stuff. Seems like we'd hear something by now about a direct if legit and SE was flipping out over it.
    Well, the other thing this has going for it is that the Grinch artwork also shown in the instagram post has not been found ANYWHERE at all yet.

Also, assuming the circle diagrams are for marketing and promotional materials showing how the full banner should line up for display, could also be printed and distributed for in-store displays. Im betting this is an outfit Bandai Namco hired over in Europe to print these things.

Edit: Heres the Charlie-fication of 4chan finding the print shop employee who leaked it.

BG Level

Sorry Kirin. I meant your post on the 16th about SE in a tizzy about those 2 Geno images and a direct happening because of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry Kirin. I meant your post on the 16th about SE in a tizzy about those 2 Geno images and a direct happening because of it.
    Ahh.

I'm chocking that up to Nintendo not deviating from their planned direct schedule for marketing purposes since they already pushed the last one back for the earthquake. Theres probably only one more true smash related direct before December 7th and maybe a one or two fighter reveal during a regular direct. They can have a fall direct sometime in the next 2 weeks without cramping a schedule and then have one final smash related direct the week before retail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag