FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Neat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not that it wasn't incredible, but after Space Dandy I'm glad hes doing that looks like it'll be shorter subject.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Sorry for the over 2 year necro. I just got done watching this series on a whim I had.

Once I started this show I could not put it down, ended up marathoning season 1 in one night then when I woke up I started season 2 right away. I found the music/songs to be pretty damn amazing, granted I'm not an expert when it comes to my anime music, long as its not boring I can deal and find it enjoyable, and to me this music was anything but boring. Carole and Tuesday were a pretty boring pair at first but after a few episodes their pairing up grew on me by the end of episode 2. Some of the side performances in the middle/end of season 1 were pretty funny and had me laughing pretty hard when I first saw them. Wasn't fully expecting season 1 to end the way it did but I didn't mind too much when it happened.
    As for part 2. If you told me this came out in 2020 right now I would have believed it, especially with the last 3-4 episodes but I have a feeling they were inspired by 2016 in the US so I might not be too far off. The ups and downs some of the characters went through on their path this season had me pretty moved, maybe I am just a sap for things like this. Just like in part 1 i loved the music here and was pretty touched by a lot of them, even more so for the last two major ones. I feel like this show deserves more attention than what it got, this show should be seen in 2020 more if I had any say in it.
    Anyone else here who watched this series have any thoughts on this?

I watched it, but haven't really thought about it since S2 came out and I finished it. Suppose I'd say it's normally not my thing, but it also wasn't as bad as some of Netflix's other anime. Would probably give it a 7/10, for whatever that's worth. To an extent, seeing what I'd call some overt JP-isms on Mars when it comes to character behavior at times was something I'd call immersion breaking. The premise that music is largely being written by machines there is also something of a reach, even though there are certain sciences out there now that try to determine what makes certain songs more catchier than others. But yeah, can also see some folks seeing it and being all, "kEeP yOuR pOlItIcS oUt Of My AnImE" since you've got gays, trans chars, immigration issues, and so on popping up throughout. The "fucking shit" song also reminds me of how so many of these talent shows seem to deliberately let bad acts advance to either pad the program or make sure there's something to boo at later.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I loved the series at first but the further and further along I went I started liking it less and less. By the end I didn't even watch the last episode. Just got kind of eye-roll'y at the thought that a bunch of famous people singing a song together could solve all the planet's problems

But I listen to the OST a lot

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Sure, after taking a step back and thinking about everything I can see why some people might be turned off by certain aspects of the show and even the get together ending. I might have had such a great time with it since most of the time I am able to just turn my brain off when it comes to certain shows and just not concern myself with some aspects of a show. Though I did kinda roll my eyes at the Desmond scene near the end since that was kinda bleh but other than that, I thought that most everything in the show was plausible within the universe of the show.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I loved the show pretty much up to the end of the "Mars Idol" show or whatever it was called. And I liked the political turmoil and the human vs robot AI stuff. Just the whole "everyone sing a song together" to fix everything was dumb to me =X

I got real confused when people started talking about season 2 then I realised it was probably a netflix thing.

I liked the show, it was chill and even though it had messages it didn't feel taxing to watch or anything. Music and animation was nice, but Carole and Tuesday are kinda super boring as characters and most if not all of the side characters were a lot more fun.

I'd probably like it more if that rapper guy Tuesday knew was the main character or the story revolved around that. OST is great though, still listening to it.