+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kinda like how the "left" goes REEEEEEEE on their shit and gets people fired all the time, then when the "right" picks up on the tactic, and all of a sudden, people bitch and moan.

I personally think the whole things is stupid when this type of shit goes down, but I do love the tears about the "right", as when the reverse happens, it's a party in the house. If only people thought more about the Pandora boxes they unleash, and held their BS in check, from the beginning, then we wouldn't be watching things like this burn.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

While I agree, theres a serious timeline difference. The left has mostly been going REEEEEE over present day incidents. The tweets that got Gunn fired were nearly a decade old, long before the ridiculous anal retentive PC culture we have today existed.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Kinda like how the "left" goes REEEEEEEE on their shit and gets people fired all the time, then when the "right" picks up on the tactic, and all of a sudden, people bitch and moan.

I personally think the whole things is stupid when this type of shit goes down, but I do love the tears about the "right", as when the reverse happens, it's a party in the house. If only people thought more about the Pandora boxes they unleash, and held their BS in check, from the beginning, then we wouldn't be watching things like this burn.
    I mean it's not like we spent a good 6 pages or so discussing the differences between this situation and Roseann getting canned that went over these points already.

Could Gunn come back and say they can't use his script? It wouldn't a wise business decision, but is it an option?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by enawrocki96 View Post
    Could Gunn come back and say they can't use his script? It wouldn't a wise business decision, but is it an option?
    Not likely. Of course it all depends on what the contracts say, but work product you create under contract (or as an employee) belongs to the company and not the creator.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I mean it's not like we spent a good 6 pages or so discussing the differences between this situation and Roseann getting canned that went over these points already.
    His reasoning is the reason why libtards got trolled into friendly fire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...firing-1137400

The production of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is being put on hold for the time being as Marvel and Disney regroup on the project, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Sources say that crew members, at this stage a small group that was prepping for pre-production, are being dismissed and are free to look for new work.

The Marvel project was to have been directed by James Gunn and was to have begun principal photography in the winter, either in January or February. The project was crewing up and was to have gone into full pre-production mode in the fall.
    Shit.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Disney willing to throw this much money out the window holy shit.

I don't know for what reason at this point. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. They would save BILLIONS by bringing him back. I'm pretty sure that the stigma would die in less than a week of bringing him back, while not doing so will last years.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pretty sure you're over-estimating the vocal minority. This is a world-wide franchise, and most of the world doesn't give two shits about American PC non-sense. They are going to see the movie whether James Gun is a part of the third movie or not, and Disney's not gonna lose money; there's not going to be some world-wide boycott of this unless the cast leaves, and nobody is seriously talking about that happening, because there's too much money in leaving vs staying.

Also, Roseanne doesn't apply; she's always been a loud mouthed, loose tongued moron (no matter which political side she has been on), which I don't think can be said about Gunn. I don't think either should have been fired, but business isn't always fair.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Well, I think I'll probably stop after Avengers 4.

Ridill
    BG Level

James Gunn gonna make a new scooby doo movie. Itll still be his GotG script just with Shaggy, velma, Fred, daphne, and scooby replacing Guardians. And also Adam Warlock will be revealed to be the janitor fed up with all the noisy school kids ruining his clean bathroom stalls.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i'd watch it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Well, I think I'll probably stop after Avengers 4.
    Narrator: he didn't stop after Avengers 4.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    James Gunn gonna make a new scooby doo movie. Itll still be his GotG script just with Shaggy, velma, Fred, daphne, and scooby replacing Guardians. And also Adam Warlock will be revealed to be the janitor fed up with all the noisy school kids ruining his clean bathroom stalls.
    Was joking with my bf today that the cast will just shoot the movie secretly on their own using their industry connections.

Of course it can't happen (Disney would never let anyone see it) but I could totally see that bunch of people doing something that ridiculous.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

there's not going to be some world-wide boycott of this unless the cast leaves, and nobody is seriously talking about that happening, because there's too much money in leaving vs staying.
    Wow, you really haven't been paying attention. Bautista was dead serious about asking to leave, all or most of the cast have been public about wanting Gunn back, and 3 posts up has the link to the whole damn thing being "put on hold." The crew being told they're "free to look for other work" means this is no short-term delay.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bautista was also serious when he said he would finish up his contract. Disney isn't going to let anyone leave. Everyone is still going to watch this movie. It's most likely going to be fine. Gunn was a huge part of the movie, but we still loved them in IW being directed by the Russos. They're still using Gunn's script, and they can still ask Gunn for advice if they want, and these actors know what they are doing with their characters. Shit's gonna be fine, and if its not, this was the last GotG with this cast anyway, so we just move on to the next thing.

Pretty sure you're over-estimating the vocal minority. This is a world-wide franchise, and most of the world doesn't give two shits about American PC non-sense. They are going to see the movie whether James Gun is a part of the third movie or not, and Disney's not gonna lose money; there's not going to be some world-wide boycott of this unless the cast leaves, and nobody is seriously talking about that happening, because there's too much money in leaving vs staying.

Also, Roseanne doesn't apply; she's always been a loud mouthed, loose tongued moron (no matter which political side she has been on), which I don't think can be said about Gunn. I don't think either should have been fired, but business isn't always fair.
    Movies on hold. So yes, they're putting a ton of money down the drain.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BILLIONS!!!!

BG Level

yes BILLIONS from the franchise that has yet to earn multiple billions

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting