Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If you aren't a fucking giant retard on social media, you're good. It's like these people don't have a PR firm or something.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So far Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana are staying mum on Twitter about the whole thing but Dave Bautista gives no fucks and wants Gunn back on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was about to say that's kind of shitty of Pratt, but apparently both have in fact spoken out, along with Gillan.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    This is the perfect storm of stupid to which there is no answer.

The jokes were dumb, but they were old and they were fished up. Highly insensitive and immature but that's what I liked about GoG. That being said, if you're going to joke about rape, you gotta be making actual jokes and not just saying rape in a sentence hoping it's funny somehow.
    Weren’t the original tweets brought up back on 2012 and he apologized then and the tweets were deleted? Disney was okay about it back then but now they aren’t? Anyone want to remind Disney of Songs of the South and the racism towards a certain centaur in Fantasia?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It's been done already by several people, including Bobcat G, who reminded them of James Woods.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Weren’t the original tweets brought up back on 2012 and he apologized then and the tweets were deleted? Disney was okay about it back then but now they aren’t?
    Because it didn't have financial consequences back then. Now they don't want to lose the money from crazy right-wingers and any stupid parents that are duped by Cernovich's trash. (Admittedly there could be super militant leftists from #MeToo that just find any jokes unacceptable, but from what I can see it's a bunch of anti-Hollywood people on the right)

It's the same way they handle Gay Days at Disney. They don't want to lose left money from being exclusionary and barring the event, but they won't embrace diversity outright because it will piss off the right.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Because it didn't have financial consequences back then. Now they don't want to lose the money from crazy right-wingers and any stupid parents that are duped by Cernovich's trash. (Admittedly there could be super militant leftists from #MeToo that just find any jokes unacceptable, but from what I can see it's a bunch of anti-Hollywood people on the right)

It's the same way they handle Gay Days at Disney. They don't want to lose left money from being exclusionary and barring the event, but they won't embrace diversity outright because it will piss off the right.
    And they obviously don’t keep any kind of statistics on this but a large number of Disney Parks cast members—at least the frontline ones—are gay.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I didn't even hear about this until today. I need to start checking threads everyday I guess. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    The tweets are old, they existed before the first GotG. They were mentioned before the first GotG and he apologized then.
    The only reason he got fired is because a person who has a conspiracy radio show dug them up and his followers made a big deal of it. The radio show host was not acting in good faith, he just didn't like James Gunn's politics.
    Should James Gunn have been fired(or really never hired)? Probably. Should Disney have acted now because of this moment? Absolutely not.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Disney has known about this since the first GotG. This was just a PR move in the current #metoo culture.
    The #metoo movement is starting to get out of control. Makes me so damn mad.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It ain't the #MeToo movement or SJWs. It's a bunch of alt right trolls that are trying to appropriate "outrage culture" to "own some libs" because "Hollywood is the real evil in America."

I'm the top tweet on #RehireGunn right now and the only people talking shit are aggrieved white male Pizzagate tinfoil hats trying to say Gunn is a pedo, no leftist identity politics pushers

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

It ain't the #MeToo movement or SJWs. It's a bunch of alt right trolls that are trying to appropriate "outrage culture" to "own some libs" because "Hollywood is the real evil in America."

I'm the top tweet on #RehireGunn right now and the only people talking shit aggrieved white male Pizzagate tinfoil hats trying to say Gunn is a pedo, no leftist identity politics pushers
    This. What's sad is that Disney gave in. If they really think they're gonna lose that much money on GotG 3 bc of the triggered right and ten y/o tweets, they're mistaken. People will flock to see that shit regardless. I'm sure the right will already be triggered by Elsa having a girlfriend in Frozen 2 but we all know it'll still make stupid money.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If give Disney a week before they rehire Gunn (Or just leave him out to do whatever thing he's working on Sony). It took a few days for MSNBC to get Sam Seder back on.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

There's no way Gunn doesn't come back without serious repercussions from actual fans who pay to see the movie. I'm sure it'd get made but it'd signal the beginning of the end for the current MCU.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was the most perfect and opportune time to pull down a major player for the Liberal community. Disney is doing their merger with Fox for the Marvel properties (to stay on topic) and other ventures and currently having shareholder meetings. You wouldn't want to rock the boat on any major deals already on your table.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    There's no way Gunn doesn't come back without serious repercussions from actual fans who pay to see the movie. I'm sure it'd get made but it'd signal the beginning of the end for the current MCU.
    Roughly the same margin of people will see the film regardless of who directs it. At this point it hardly matters as long as it has the Marvel logo.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Meanwhile, I would think Disney/Marvel would have to still give Gunn writing credit if they use parts of his script unless the lawyers make a deal and shovel him a bunch of money to expunge his name. Not sure how the Writers Guild would like that happening though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Roughly the same margin of people will see the film regardless of who directs it. At this point it hardly matters as long as it has the Marvel logo.
    I mean at this point most the people protesting things left and right these days weren't actual customers/consumers of it in the first place or just got into it recently.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ten MAGA chuds trying to "ruin" me now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe Thanos will snap some BG post history for all of our protection.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You've survived ff11... good luck to them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you want to vote.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status...55853471657985