Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: March 2018 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    So, in your opinion, the only "legitimate" way to kill things is melee only with DRK WAR SAM as the DD? Sounds like the only thing half-chubbed is your epeen
    So me saying SMNs just cheese everything with conduit equates to that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    You scoffed at all ranged strategies (this includes RNG, mages nuking, and pets) as if they're not the "right" way to kill things (protip: there is no "right" way, that's the beauty of this game)
    And SMN "cheesing" isn't anymore cheesing than braindead DD spamming the same WS macro. It's just faster. DD burn methods just shift the burden on your support but they're just as cheesy as anything else

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

SMN can work for this month's fight, but might not be the wisest thing to rely on AC due to the painful DOT auras flying around. BST Jug Pets have a bit more HP than SMN Avatars, and I had a hard time keeping pet up in Easy while riding Reward CD..

Does having to call off your pet for phases uncheese it enough for you to call it uncheesy? :3

On a diff note, V2 is too simple for me to figure out the special mechanics. >.>;; As far as I can tell, it's a pretty standard wivre fight. There were a couple sys msgs that I completely ignored, but otherwise couldn't really tell any diff between the oddly named thing and the T1 in Escha-Zi'tah, other than it is not nearly as averse to turning to face it's agro target after TP moves. Some minor repositioning to stay on front legs would probably be wise to avoid conal aoe, Invincible Face and accidentally triggering a spike flail. (Fight like a wyrm. Stay on front legs to be safe.)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You scoffed at all ranged strategies (this includes RNG, mages nuking, and pets) as if they're not the "right" way to kill things (protip: there is no "right" way, that's the beauty of this game)
    And SMN "cheesing" isn't anymore cheesing than braindead DD spamming the same WS macro. It's just faster. DD burn methods just shift the burden on your support but they're just as cheesy as anything else
    I'm scoffing at how lazy players are with everything and always want the easiest way out of anything rather than ever learning.

Reactions like "throw pets at it" "throw blms at it" "throw rngs at it" are trite and the modern history of this game has been needlessly marred. By such a level of instant gratification and a lackadaisical attitude that I simply hope for ambuscades like this where people get fucked.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I think he's just saying people turn to smn strats (and to a much lesser extent rng, other pet strats, and blm) to not only skip learning fight specific strats, but ignore their mechanics entirely more often than not. It is not the same as DD methods, since you actually need people switching in and out of DT sets, removing status effects and healing quickly, and work around fight specific mechanics. DD setups are alot faster when you limit to 1-3 DDs doing extended skillchains, and tanks actually need to do things to hold hate, where as with pets and mages they can mostly just stand there.

It is very much not the same as pressing astral conduit, and mashing your flaming crush/volt strike macro until you get loot 10-30 seconds later while everyone in the alliance outside of one nearly invincible person stood out of range of everything. We have done setups like this a few times and it was boring as fuck for everyone involved.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I think he's just saying people turn to smn strats (and to a much lesser extent rng, other pet strats, and blm) to not only skip learning fight specific strats, but ignore their mechanics entirely more often than not. It is not the same as DD methods, since you actually need people switching in and out of DT sets, removing status effects and healing quickly, and work around fight specific mechanics. DD setups are alot faster when you limit to 1-3 DDs doing extended skillchains, and tanks actually need to do things to hold hate, where as with pets and mages they can mostly just stand there.

It is very much not the same as pressing astral conduit, and mashing your flaming crush/volt strike macro until you get loot 10-30 seconds later while everyone in the alliance outside of one nearly invincible person stood out of range of everything. We have done setups like this a few times and it was boring as fuck for everyone involved.
    Spoiler: show

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Spoiler: show
    You just got brownie points for Demi-chan. <3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

moogle is doable but annoying if you know to sit on the adds for regen during 1hr. Anyone figure out how to deal with crippling slam for Vol2? and is the gimmick just SC spam or something else I can't figure it out specifically yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    moogle is doable but annoying if you know to sit on the adds for regen during 1hr. Anyone figure out how to deal with crippling slam for Vol2? and is the gimmick just SC spam or something else I can't figure it out specifically yet.
    Crippling Slam = Spike Flail
    Don't poke her ass, she's got self-image problems and will lash out at anyone who touches the backside. >.> Reminds me of an exwife.

Mechanically, this is still a Wivre, so you are supposed to fight it like a Wyrm. Stay diagonally on front legs. Keep an eye out for when the face goes Invincible and twitch-strafe towards the back until your 0s turn into damage again. Don't go any farther than bareass minimum or you die. :3 Unlike most wivres, this one will turn to face the current agro target with annoying frequency, think there is a hate reset built-in somewhere plus spamming 60k CdC/99,999 lights from mediocre BLUs must be hard for a trust to hold hate against. lol (Protip: Don't dispel Boiling Rage.) The turning can easily cause someone to poke the butt, especially Trust tanks who don't know how to reposition, which triggers Slam, so simplest solution is just stack up and soak the conals to reduce turning.

..Other than that, keep up the Erase/Winds of Promy. spam. Atk-/Demo Roar cuts my damage by halfish, and def- from Batterhorn (think it was Batterhorn) can lead to an early death if you don't get it off fast enough. Feels like it prioritizes Demo Roar since we have gotten into spamming matches that lasted for 10+ casts. @_@

This fight is simple enough that I'm using it to hand out Oboro JSE unlocks for all my newbies in ls. Will be doing the same for my mules later. lol On V2N, I stacked up everyone on tank and afk'd while I did dishes. Came back to a win. lol I know there are supposed to be actual gimmicks involved, but if they are just increased debuff resistance like the sysmsgs seem to imply, they are as ignorable as I've been treating them.