Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: March 2018 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Relic Shield
    BG Level

well im certainly glad i made a TH set of armor for non thf jobs now from escha gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'm interested in what armor model they used for the Volte set. I've suggested before to add ilvl starter gear before, and this set kinda looks like that to me stat-wise. XD I'm just happy to see a 119 All Jobs set w/ all-rounder stats. Do wish it was intended to be more accessible tho....
    Diamond Buckler actually seems kind of amazing for lowbies. 20DEF at lvl1 should be nearly as good as Invincible. Depends on how long the enchantment lasts I guess.

Any way to know if the card names being the same as COR cards is the same in the JP client or was that just a goofy translation error? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    well im certainly glad i made a TH set of armor for non thf jobs now from escha gear.
    Remake them into something useful after you get the Volte piece, or feed to AMAN and revel in the inv+ bonus hidden on the Volte gear?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Servers are up 10 minutes early.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    You act like the volte gear will actually drop and won't take you a year to get

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Any way to know if the card names being the same as COR cards is the same in the JP client or was that just a goofy translation error? lol
    They are different...

New Light card: 光紋のカード

Old Light card: ライトカード

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ambuscade Page is ready to go with info.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Pteroslaver Mail +2 "Jump: adds 100% of wyvern's max HP as damage"

Kinda nice, except the only time a Dragoon would use Jump would be when the Wyvern is dead, because you lose the Crit and TP bonuses for Spirit Jump without a wyvern. Still, that's an absurd damage boost from 1 piece of gear, like at least 5k damage or more considering all the Wyvern HP gear available.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    They are different...

New Light card: 光紋のカード

Old Light card: ライトカード
    So "Hikari Mon no Card" (which directly translates as "Light Crest Card" / "Card of Light Crest") vs "Light Card", and they still are both "Light Card" in English? Yep, goofed on translation.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Ambuscade Page is ready to go with info.
    Given the stupidity I was dealing with shortly after server came back up, I am not really in the mood to test this month. >_>;;

Someone else do it. lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Given the stupidity I was dealing with shortly after server came back up, I am not really in the mood to test this month. >_>;;

Someone else do it. lol
    QQ, just wait a few days. We will still need the info by then since people don't care about sharing as long as they get theirs while others wait around for such info. Quite the catch 22 of the nature of human failure.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

QQ, just wait a few days. We will still need the info by then since people don't care about sharing as long as they get theirs while others wait around for such info. Quite the catch 22 of the nature of human failure.
    Also, tends to be annoyingly difficult to solo test V1VD. ^^;; I normally map out the basic moves and whatnot on V1E, since higher difficulties are simply the same mechanics with knobs turned up. I'm feeling somewhat petty right now and will probably wait to fill in the wiki for a while to watch if anyone else is going to. XD

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, tends to be annoyingly difficult to solo test V1VD. ^^;; I normally map out the basic moves and whatnot on V1E, since higher difficulties are simply the same mechanics with knobs turned up. I'm feeling somewhat petty right now and will probably wait to fill in the wiki for a while to watch if anyone else is going to. XD
    You need to make some friends on the game

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Pteroslaver Mail +2 "Jump: adds 100% of wyvern's max HP as damage"

Kinda nice, except the only time a Dragoon would use Jump would be when the Wyvern is dead, because you lose the Crit and TP bonuses for Spirit Jump without a wyvern. Still, that's an absurd damage boost from 1 piece of gear, like at least 5k damage or more considering all the Wyvern HP gear available.
    This is assuming it doesn't apply to Spirit Jump; SE is very inconsistent as to whether Jump: equipment applies to only the basic one or all.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    This is assuming it doesn't apply to Spirit Jump; SE is very inconsistent as to whether Jump: equipment applies to only the basic one or all.
    Good chance it doesn't apply to spirit jump. See history and the Vishap Mail +3.

Even if it did, it isn't worth using. The best use for this piece is underbuffed stardiver if you lack Dagon Breastplate. It is actually almost right there with it if you aren't capping attack.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You need to make some friends on the game
    I have friends in the game. lol I don't have friends who are awake at 4am on a weekday and willing to do my suicide marathon with me for 1-2hrs each month on patch day while I map things out. XD V1E is actually ideal most months since higher difficulties normally are the same things just with higher numbers.

Also, from ffxiah:

Starting from: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...018/1/#3331353, actual information/data starts rolling in a bit. My initial feeling of a repeat of ranged strats from last month is looking to be likely.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Yes, because jump DA gear is a newer concept which has consistently been implemented to work with all jumps where as jump TP bonus has consistently been for original jump, even today with AF body +2/3. It is a safer bet to say it won't given the fact the piece is originally before such a jump existed as with the AF body 119s, but lets call it a 50-50 since this is a new type of jump buff. Still doesn't matter as the white damage increase shouldn't win over the TP increase from using a better piece.

I have friends in the game. lol I don't have friends who are awake at 4am on a weekday and willing to do my suicide marathon with me for 1-2hrs each month on patch day while I map things out. XD V1E is actually ideal most months since higher difficulties normally are the same things just with higher numbers.

Also, from ffxiah:

Starting from: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...018/1/#3331353, actual information/data starts rolling in a bit. My initial feeling of a repeat of ranged strats from last month is looking to be likely.
    Then dont do it at 4am!

As far as ranged, smn, etc. These are always reactionary strats instead of caring to do it right. Same with SMN, just easier, but I always get a half chub if SMN can't cheese something.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yes, because jump DA gear is a newer concept which has consistently been implemented to work with all jumps where as jump TP bonus has consistently been for original jump, even today with AF body +2/3. It is a safer bet to say it won't given the fact the piece is originally before such a jump existed as with the AF body 119s, but lets call it a 50-50 since this is a new type of jump buff. Still doesn't matter as the white damage increase shouldn't win over the TP increase from using a better piece.

Then dont do it at 4am!

As far as ranged, smn, etc. These are always reactionary strats instead of caring to do it right. Same with SMN, just easier, but I always get a half chub if SMN can't cheese something.
    I've gotten used to it tho! I like being able to spam not-stop, uninterrupted suicide marathons immediately after servers come up for at least a few hours. Gives me enough time to map out the majority of the fight. This is the first time I've seen this player behavior since the earliest days of Ambuscade. It's not normal for the 15% of the server population that's in Mhaura to all be soloing/lowman right away. :/
    (I did get the feeling that they straight up explained how to do one of the fights during the FP, but wasn't sure if they were talking about V1 or V2. :/ Someone else go verify if JPs were given their EZ button early this time.)

As far as cheesing goes, I meant that the mechanics of the fight are less disadvantageous to ranged than melee, which also includes pet jobs in this particular case since the pets have to be in melee range to do their thing. It's not cheesing to use ranged jobs when it's designed to be "stay too close to the boss and you will die". Even pets go down fast if you aren't quick enough to call them back out of range. And others are already reporting similar concept strategies to what I'd come up with, so I don't feel that bad about being petty this month. :3 I'll let someone else do the legwork.

I am wondering if my Cheeto-orange-it's-so-cheesy TPDK tactic could break the fight on VE-N though. XD
    Invite Over is a TP move so it should be possible to prevent adds from popping or at least control their timing and/or lower their numbers. Most likely won't do squat on VD, but probably will up thru N. Last month, triggers for things got dropped from 3kTP to 2k or 1k on VD, which made it not so great an idea. :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Then dont do it at 4am!

So, in your opinion, the only "legitimate" way to kill things is melee only with DRK WAR SAM as the DD? Sounds like the only thing half-chubbed is your epeen