1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 10 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How bout dem leapin boots

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    How bout dem leapin boots
    Are the strider boots the same model?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Are the strider boots the same model?

Updated. A lot of what they said they would fix in Eureka they did.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...9153de83ab3608

What I don't see, maybe I've missed it haven't been paying super close attention. Have they fixed Eureka randomly resetting elemental level yet?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Have they fixed Eureka randomly resetting elemental level yet?
    That was supposedly fixed in an emergency patch early on (March 16th patch).

I saw someone ask if they could please trade a scorpion harness to their friends today on the OF. Did removing the untradeable status not affect the NM drops? I figured "Eureka Glamour Gear" in the patch notes referred to these as well, but I haven't been online yet to check.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think so since its not a lockbox drop.

ALso for randomly resetting your elemental level it shouldn't but I'd advise caution if you queue and requeue instances over and over rapidly.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If your level got reset but you're now 20, they'll compensate you with some protean/anemos crystals apparently. Not a lot but it's something.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone fucked around with these changes yet? What are the new XP values looking like? Hopefully worthwhile over fate training for when they inevitably raise the lvl cap

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Anyone fucked around with these changes yet? What are the new XP values looking like? Hopefully worthwhile over fate training for when they inevitably raise the lvl cap
    Been 20 since like the 3rd day or so ..so no idea tbh lol. The NMs not being culled out was a nice change at least. As is the lockpick in Kugane..dunno if she always been there or not. On NA Datacenters (Least Aether) people still fate train like no tomorrow, JP DC I'm on it's still largely the same as pre update, bit more people leveling i noticed though so maybe it's slightly better, haven't seen any complaints about it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just did some tests. Was duo. Me lv 16, friend lv 20. Killing Monoeyes to pop NM while train was at Hazmat.

Ended up with 15259EXP in 15m 32s from a full chain 30 of cyclops w/ +10% from elemental. Full log of XP:

Spoiler: show

422 (Chain 5)
    818 (Chain 10)
    554 (Chain 15)
    1082 (Chain 20)
    686 (Chain 25)
    1346 (Chain 30)

So now it goes...

+50% chain 5
    +200% chain 10
    +100% chain 15
    +300% chain 20
    +150% chain 25
    +400% chain 30

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How can I make an ACT sound trigger for Eurekan potions that only fires off for my use, and not everyone else's?

Just make a trigger using "You use a (.*)Eurekan potion"

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

finally finished my current projects so was able to devote some time to Eureka this weekend, grinding up to 15. starting with the most significant observation, then a bunch of random thoughts:

- by far the most interesting aspect of Eureka to me is the train. it reminds me of like... a herd of grazing herbivores. you have your leaders who decide where to go, while 99% of the herd has no clue and is just following along. people become leaders as they level up and learn the layout of Eureka and where the NMs are. you have your stronger peeps up front and on the edges; these people aggro mobs and keep them from one-shotting lowbies as well as raising those who do get hit. then you have your weaker players in the middle of the herd staying safe from aggro or getting raised if they do get hit, while everyone else kinda surrounds them. it's really like a pack of animals moving from watering hole to watering hole and the mobs are predators. absolutely fascinating. and the best part is a) we're all doing this without being told, and b) it's the same from instance to instance. you could absolutely use this as a microcosm of herd behavior and/or basic human group psychology. it's amazing.

other thoughts:
    - oh my god the shout drama lol
    - think I'll get six weapons for my mage jobs and just skip the armor. too much grinding...
    - throwback rewards are amazing and appreciated. even my healer is wearing the scorpion harness right now
    - I'm impressed that so many people are always willing to raise. I guess getting that achievement is some motivation, but people are just doing it regardless and that's amazing.
    - people need to get over the AFK shit. the best instances are ones where nobody cares about AFKers. it's gonna happen. you don't need everyone grinding mobs to spawn NMs, and most of the people griping probably leeched when they were lowbies anyway.
    - on that note, fuck MPKers. I have to believe the misery of living with a mentality like that is its own reward. I have to.

overall I really enjoy Eureka. it's like a little mini-FFXI where I can come and go as I please, and it's the kind of content where a few hours can go by in a flash.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    by far the most interesting aspect of Eureka to me is the train. it reminds me of like... a herd of grazing herbivores.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly it makes me miss Planetside.

Capturing a Base and then zerging off right next to the next base in one giant line.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    this is so much what I was thinking it's scary lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anemos crystal changes are amazing

[12:45]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 234 protean crystals.
    [12:45]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 197 protean crystals.
    [12:45]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 204 protean crystals.

Pretty sure the rolls are

1 - 2-5
    10 - 20-50
    50 - 100 - 250

So if you do batches of 50 you might get shafted real hard in the short term since you won't have enough rolls to make an average.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hmm might still do auto-clicker in that case. gonna see what other people post today on reddit and such before I start trading in 50's for sure

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    hmm might still do auto-clicker in that case. gonna see what other people post today on reddit and such before I start trading in 50's for sure
    Assuming they didn't change ratios for higher tradeins, it's a statistics game, given a theoretical infinite numbers, you would come out the same, with a limited number of tradeins, singles would be more likely to be on the average, since the effects of the larger are bigger on the average.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah I'm just curious if they programmed it like

50 * rand(2,5)

or

sum = 0
    repeat 50 times:
    sum += rand(2,5)

the latter would be far better, and the extra computing cost is so small it's not worth mentioning. but I bet they did it the former way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag