1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    So is this the same Eureka grind as the first, just with a snow covered paint?
    no, apparently the grind this time is a light grind. I haven't gotten that far yet; unlocks at 25

so... yeah, that should be fun

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So you need to get 5 levels in Anemos first to unlock Pagos? Lol

Dunno why they locked mounts again, I thought they said they will work on improving what was annoying and slow...
    Well I guess it would be a good time to come back to this grind while people are getting their levels, I think I made it up to like lv 13 before wanting to gouge my eyes out

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wanted to gouge my eyes out in the first 5 mins because people wanted to blow their fucking weeklies on the first day.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Haven't started up Pagos yet, is there a quick rundown of how to best run it yet? I'm reading some things of people still leveling in anemos, only a few fates discovered in Pagos, etc so I'm not sure where to start with this grind.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    So you need to get 5 levels in Anemos first to unlock Pagos? Lol

Dunno why they locked mounts again, I thought they said they will work on improving what was annoying and slow...
    Well I guess it would be a good time to come back to this grind while people are getting their levels, I think I made it up to like lv 13 before wanting to gouge my eyes out
    nah, the relic grind doesn't start until 25. you can start in pagos at 20.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only advice I can give is clear out your challenge log to gain xp. Should be able to hit 22 with an NM or 2 thrown in.
    Then maybe hop between Pagos and Anemos to hunt NMs if you dont want to do XP grinding parties.

The gap between levels are large so leveling up is slower. 500-700k TNL. It will take time until everyone gets their average level up enough to pop NMs in a timely manner.

You wont see any Polar Express parties until next week.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jiyo View Post
    Haven't started up Pagos yet, is there a quick rundown of how to best run it yet? I'm reading some things of people still leveling in anemos, only a few fates discovered in Pagos, etc so I'm not sure where to start with this grind.
    I honestly have no fuckin clue, information is all over the place, it's very frustrating. Can you or can't you gain xp past 20 in Anemos? Half say yes, half say no. And if you can, how many fates do you need to gain a level?

People are actually making Pagos grind parties getting 1k xp at a time, which isn't even a tiny sliver of a bar. I did this for a while on worms last night. If it's supposed to emulate leveling in XI, it's doing a shit job, because grinding in XI was actually a lot faster as long as you knew what you were doing. If this is the intended method of leveling, it's a giant waste of time the likes of which I've never seen in this game (barring Yokai watch event and pre-nerf Atmas). I'm not doing it.

Now that it seems like NMs take 3x as long or more to spawn, the challenge log is the only thing I have found that gives a guaranteed payoff of XP per time spent, but you can only do it once a week so that's not a sustainable leveling strategy. Anemos sucked at the beginning too, but nothing like this.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes you can gain xp in Anemos. You are sync'd to 20 but the cap for Eureka in general is 35. You still gain the same xp per fate as usual. Try to target the higher levels ones to get 20k+ xp per fate, otherwise you will be looking at 10-15k per at a more rapid pace if you find a good train.

Only real issue now is that your TNL is going to be 600k instead of the 150k you are use to. Progress will feel slower and I doubt you will gain more than a level a day regardless of what you do.

Everyone is low level right now. No one can deal dmg to kill stuff fast enough unlike in Anemos where everyone has outleveled most mobs.
    Stuff will die slow. NMs will take time to pop and die slow. You just have to accept this until the average level of the public is higher.

If you dont want to deal with this, wait a week or 2 and take it slow.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thanks for the info, maybe I will try an Anemos party.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I leveled to 25 in anemos cuz fuck the pagos spawn rates on NMs lol.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This is probs an obvious one but do you need to be on the job weilding the weapon you wanna upgrade? Or is it like a key item or special item you gather lights on? I play RDM almost exclusively in this nonsense for versatility but I'll want the Samurai weapon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

you do not need to be on the job for which you want the weapon (thankfully)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Your job needs to have the level70 quest complete. Otherwise all you gotta do is turn a buttload of items in.

Apparently the secret to leveling up in Pagos is chaining monsters and letting them mutate. So relive your FFXI days of killing IT mobs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If they really want us to level that way, I have no idea why they don't have any form of level sync in Eureka for making parties the same level.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

nobody is chaining tho lol. you join a "chain" group and they just head to a NM camp

I might start doing my own parties, IDK. otherwise it's 200 xp per mob and the occasional NM boost, which at level 21 is not much

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

edit: fuuuuuuuuuuuu double post

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some crazy dudes in Elysium hit 35 from chaining mutated mobs a few hrs ago. I didn't follow the streams or anything but secondhand info saying they slept like 3 hrs in the last 2 days or something to achieve it, so expect this to take a long fucking time for all us normies. Mutated chains were giving 10-15k xp.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Some crazy dudes in Elysium hit 35 from chaining mutated mobs a few hrs ago. I didn't follow the streams or anything but secondhand info saying they slept like 3 hrs in the last 2 days or something to achieve it, so expect this to take a long fucking time for all us normies. Mutated chains were giving 10-15k xp.
    I saw a few last night while grinding. Couple mantis mobs used Adaptation and got huge. But this wasnt every fight. I wonder if there is a trigger.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fff phone double..

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

do you need to do the old eureka relic to get the new one?