1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually, looks like if you focus more on popping NM's than individual mob EXP, it will go much faster. Just had a group that ran around popping NM's, killed like 6 in the hour I was on and went from like nothing into 6 to 75% through the gauge. Wasn't even a proper PT, was mixed between levels 3-6.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ this is correct. lots of info on reddit/gamefaqs about it. basically you commit genocide on a mob type until you've killed enough for the NM to spawn, then you get shit from the NM, then you move on and do it again.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hit level 5, almost level 6 today. It's really not that bad and I'd rather have 1000 failed attempts like Diadem and Eureka than another set of boring as fuck linear dungeons and raids. I can't believe the bitching and moaning on the FFXIV subreddit the last two days about Eureka. It's like people want the game to be run into the ground with pointless rehashed content. Fuck me for wanting something different.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I honestly wouldn't mind the grind aspect if the gear would be actually useful and last more than one content cycle. Of course people are going to bitch that this is tedious; the gear they work so hard to get isn't even going to be BIS and won't even last more than a few months. This kind of grind only works for horizontal prog.

And yeah yeah glamour is the real endgame but that's part of the problem too.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Actually, looks like if you focus more on popping NM's than individual mob EXP, it will go much faster. Just had a group that ran around popping NM's, killed like 6 in the hour I was on and went from like nothing into 6 to 75% through the gauge. Wasn't even a proper PT, was mixed between levels 3-6.
    I just did this myself, we killed about 10 NMs, walked out with 415 protean crystals after converting and gained 2 levels (7 -> 9) while doing exp in between pops in a single lock out.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    iLv cap is at 300 so yeah, you will be fine
    And you can buy 310's with hunt seals now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    1.0 grinding was excruciatingly boring compare to XI grinding. This was primarily coupled by the little to no reward from actually hitting a new level and zero sense of progression towards a goal. I looked forward to going to non-traditional camps and areas in XI(honestly, I still do when I go back). However, I can't say I felt the same in 1.0 nor in diadem/eureka. They have the same face but have different blood.
    XI's grinding was just as boring. 1.0 simply had the extra annoyance of shitty UI/game performance along with it. Merit/exp parties were never fun.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I just did this myself, we killed about 10 NMs, walked out with 415 protean crystals after converting and gained 2 levels (7 -> 9) while doing exp in between pops in a single lock out.
    Same.
    Spoiler: show

So spent a total of...11? ish hours doing Eureka.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm doing the grind just to cap weekly tomes and while I admit it has flaws and the lack of a real reward yet is disappointing, I'm ultimately satisfied I guess. Something I can bounce between this and MHW.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To me it really comes down to that: there is no real reward. It took them such an unbelievable amount of time to release this thing and they offer us a handful of nostalgiaboner skins and a trex mount as compensation for the extraordinary amount of effort that it'll take to "complete" the zone (which I still think is incredibly lazy in its design and execution, and that they weren't actually working on it for as long as people think or as long as Yoshida wants you to think).

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If I am to completely disregard what complete and utter shit I think Eureka is for a few moments and try to be constructive.
    It could really do with level sync on a party basis. I know this would come with other side effects, but let's be pragmatic, that I have seen so far, people aren't particularly likely to go back down to level 1 or anything like that voluntarily (?)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    XI's grinding was just as boring. 1.0 simply had the extra annoyance of shitty UI/game performance along with it. Merit/exp parties were never fun.
    I'll have to disagree, but it's probably just a different experience in the game than you had. There were only a handful of times I wasn't having fun in merit/xp parties. That was mostly due to the people I was with. I overall just never had fun in 1.0 no matter the type of "content" and that's how eureka comes off, feels like there is a big sign with "the fun stops here" on the content.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    If I am to completely disregard what complete and utter shit I think Eureka is for a few moments and try to be constructive.
    It could really do with level sync on a party basis. I know this would come with other side effects, but let's be pragmatic, that I have seen so far, people aren't particularly likely to go back down to level 1 or anything like that voluntarily (?)
    I really wish I could level sync down so I can actually play with my friends... I'm 7 and they are 1-5. I'd rather take a xp hit to help them catch up.

Then again now that we've figured out the fastest way is hopping on the FATE train and you sync for that anyway...

No, I'd rather be able to sync down to my party, like I could in XI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    I'll have to disagree, but it's probably just a different experience in the game than you had. There were only a handful of times I wasn't having fun in merit/xp parties. That was mostly due to the people I was with. I overall just never had fun in 1.0 no matter the type of "content" and that's how eureka comes off, feels like there is a big sign with "the fun stops here" on the content.
    I think this is partially due to the pacing of XIV v.X vs. XI, XI was a lot slower, so you could, even as RDM healing, easily chit chat by text about this and that during a high paced merit party

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    I really wish I could level sync down so I can actually play with my friends... I'm 7 and they are 1-5. I'd rather take a xp hit to help them catch up.

Then again now that we've figured out the fastest way is hopping on the FATE train and you sync for that anyway...

No, I'd rather be able to sync down to my party, like I could in XI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    That's one of my biggest problems with this whole thing. Are people really so self-loathing they WANT these backsteps? "What if we added back IN exp loss on death? People LOVED that about XI right?" "Great idea! You know what else people loved? NOT getting to play with their friends in this MMO because of level difference!" Like these are clearly bad ideas that they did good on fixing for XIV. Why would people want this shit back?!

I will also second feeling like there is no reward. I am not a heavy player, so I haven't been going too much crazy on tome farming. Hell I'm still on Sigma 2. I decided to look at how much of my gear is above the 355. Literally half. My weapon is only the 340 so I could benefit from that, but half my gear is already 360. I can't imagine people who cap their tomes every week and have been doing the Sigma every week since it came out.

Small rant here, but do you think SE will EVER get the picture that relic SHOULD be the strongest weapon you can get? Since they first added relics it's been just slightly weaker then the strongest weapon you could get through raids. Why is the weapon that takes literal dozens of hours of farming and grinding, weaker then a weapon that requires a 20min fight a couple of times? I mean they have done this same song and dance like five times now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

People bitched incessantly (some of it rightfully so) when the +1 Relics in 2.0 were initially the same iLvl as the Coil Weapons, so it's never going to happen again.
    The iLvl being 255 if they released Eureka a month ago with 4.2 but SE released them at a shitty time like they did with the Anima Weapons.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I think this is partially due to the pacing of XIV v.X vs. XI, XI was a lot slower, so you could, even as RDM healing, easily chit chat by text about this and that during a high paced merit party
    Yep, lets just dial this game's combat system back a few tics and have everyone just stand on the mob's ass and let the generic auto attack run for about, say, 9 seconds, then use a single GCD ability to simulate us WSing at 100% at a merit party. That way we can all fit plenty of typing in for that good old conversation feel. That'll be classic old school.

Lets completely ignore blms casting any spells, because nobody invited blms to merit parties to the point where they had to literally team up on their own an do their own thing. Classic old school.

Somewhere between this game and people's warm, fuzzy memories is where the truth of XI's merit parties actually ran like.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well I was enjoying Eureka for the most part until today when Logged in and discovered I lost 2 levels I got last night due to some bug

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

So thoughts at this point:

- Grouping is so awful. Needs a complete overhaul; won't get one.
    - I fear for the future of Eureka. The requirement to be in a party all very close in level could kill low-level parties once the rush dies down.
    - Rewards are a mix of awesome and horseshit. I like the lootboxes, the minions, the mount. But the actual gear rewards aren't even close to BiS. Why would I grind this for a weapon that doesn't even match the tomestone weapon??
    - When it works, it's fucking awesome. The feel of teamwork is real. Someone in our party needed the level 3 quest last night so we ran up the tree into the house, got aggro'd by ghosts, and generally had a ridiculously fun/awful time. You know what that felt like? It felt like the very best of FFXI. It was like... someone helping you get your subjob or testimony in FFXI, it reminded me of that. These moments are rare for me so far in Eureka, but when they strike they are amazing and unparalleled by anything else in the game.
    - The NMs are fun, and the sense of teamwork involved in a bunch of random parties working together to spawn them is really great.

tldr: add some QoL grouping features for god's sake, and fix the rewards, and we'll have a deal. otherwise... IDK man.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

There's no doubt in that, but to be fair, I think I've had longer conversations in MHW with quick key emojis than I've had with any group in 14 lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast