1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Let’s not ignore the impact of being a teenager with no sense of what your time was worth

If I were 14 again Eureka would be the time of my life

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Yep, lets just dial this game's combat system back a few tics and have everyone just stand on the mob's ass and let the generic auto attack run for about, say, 9 seconds, then use a single GCD ability to simulate us WSing at 100% at a merit party. That way we can all fit plenty of typing in for that good old conversation feel. That'll be classic old school.
    Let me clarify a bit, Leveling should not be the primary feature of a content. Leveling is not content, it's a means to an end. Meriting and XP'ing were fun because I was going to use the results of my grinding to improve my character and tackle different content with the fruit of the labor(time). I had fun because of the people I met and the rewards held value. That is why this content isn't a replication of XI but of 1.0. 1.0 was a case of making leveling the content; the primary feature. I'm not asking to make the combat system different, slower nor faster.

XI asked you "what do you want to do today?", Eureka asks you "where/how do you want to level today?"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Let me clarify a bit, Leveling should not be the primary feature of a content. Leveling is not content, it's a means to an end. Meriting and XP'ing were fun because I was going to use the results of my grinding to improve my character and tackle different content with the fruit of the labor(time). I had fun because of the people I met and the rewards held value. That is why this content isn't a replication of XI but of 1.0. 1.0 was a case of making leveling the content; the primary feature. I'm not asking to make the combat system different, slower nor faster.
    By the same measure leveling is not the content of Eureka. It is a wall that keeps you from doing other content like various NMs, Protean crystal farm, or upgrading relic. That said everything in Eureka funnels into Glamour, Mounts, Minions, and Relic Weapon/Armor. ANd for most people the latter is basically glamour right now.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yep, lets just dial this game's combat system back a few tics and have everyone just stand on the mob's ass and let the generic auto attack run for about, say, 9 seconds, then use a single GCD ability to simulate us WSing at 100% at a merit party. That way we can all fit plenty of typing in for that good old conversation feel. That'll be classic old school.

Lets completely ignore blms casting any spells, because nobody invited blms to merit parties to the point where they had to literally team up on their own an do their own thing. Classic old school.

Somewhere between this game and people's warm, fuzzy memories is where the truth of XI's merit parties actually ran like.
    If you somehow construed my statement as in any way wanting the combat and pace of xi back I can't even begin to grasp what logic circuits fried to make that happen. I was merely voicing my thoughts on why this mode isn't likely going to even have that positive social aspect.
    Eureka has most of the stuff that made XI a tedious grind, and missing the only upside.

15 years ago in uni I might have found this grind interesting. Today, gnh, well the lady wants it so I will suffer through it, and without her, I couldnt' go in anyway even if I wanted to because of the level crap.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Let’s not ignore the impact of being a teenager with no sense of what your time was worth

If I were 14 again Eureka would be the time of my life
    Strong doubt- doesn't take rose tinted time reversing moggles to see there are no appropriate rewards for this.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Strong doubt- doesn't take rose tinted time reversing moggles to see there are no appropriate rewards for this.
    ^

Even in XI barely anyone did pointless bullshit like chocobo racing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Hah jokes on you I'm only missing 2 minions and a mount from this and I'm not even lv10

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Hah jokes on you I'm only missing 2 minions and a mount from this and I'm not even lv10
    Good thing that minions add to your capacity to complete the game's more difficult tasks.

Let me state again: I love the mount, the barding and the minions. I love the throwback mobs and I even love the NM fights themselves (they require a bit more brainpower than mindlessly grinding the chaff.) But there isn't a single drop in Eureka that assists my character in clearing any difficult content in the game. For the person that doesn't care about XI and fights to become stronger, there's no meat on the bone whatsoever. Even having the base weapon and gear set at 360 would help destroy that point, but nah.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

tbf none of the gear outside of patch day crafting gear will help you clear the most difficult content in the game because the most difficult content in the game can be done with much less than the gear that drops from the most difficult content in the game, making it just as worthless as Eureka gear. the hard part, and my hardest boss, is finding 7 other people to do things with who aren't braindead. game's all about glamours tbh, and Eureka fails even at those.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

@Lucavi ^ this. there's absolutely no excuse for the gear rewards to be literally unusable if you've been grinding tomestones or doing savage. it's ridiculous

I still enjoy it and I'll do it for the mounts/minions/glamours. I miiiiiiight do the relic portion for glamour but -

- oh what's that? the relic glamours use old models and just add a new glow onto it? LOL NEVERMIND THEN

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is it possible the five slot relic armor pieces can become BIS if the materia allows primary slots to increase by a full 40 (counting vitality and primary stat spot being maxed at 40 that's 3 additional spots to maximize)?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm not sure, Toth. Perhaps that would be a long-wided saving grace.

I'll be gathering currency to store for its own sake, but I won't be working on a relic until I see the finished product through datamining on the next patch. War axe looks like shit, and I don't play enough secondary jobs to justify going through such an immense grind to get a vanity item for them.

Same with the War AF set, really. If I mained Pld, I'd absolutely do that, as I love that set, but War looks like rancid tripe.

As I was doing this tonight something occurred to me. Eureka caps at iLvl. 300. Anyone seen if someone without a life has grinded out a relic yet, to check... are the relics affected by the Lv. cap? I mean, I see no reason why they wouldn't, but that means the item you're spending all this time working on in Eureka... has ZERO effect and can't be used IN Eureka if you have done ANY content as a Lv.70 and upgraded your weapon. >.>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, that keeps the content artificially difficult. I actually don't have an issue with, that, if it keeps the sense of danger in Eureka prominent. What I do have an issue with, however, is the gear being both useless within and outside of Eureka because of the Ilvls.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Square missed out on a big opportunity to make Eureka another alternative to leveling classes and experiencing classes you haven't got to level cap yet. Why is it that I cannot queue for this on a less than Lv.70 job but once inside I can swap to a Lv.4 job and be fine with running around like that?

Way to really miss an opportunity to set whatever job you go in as to Lv.70 and auto cap you to ilvl300 making all of your gear and weapons "Aether-Mirage" or something stupid. Add some shitty lore that your armor and weapons take on the element of the aether that you are attuning your magicite to and when you complete boss fates it rewards you with a chunk of actual player exp so you can get exp on alt classes, not that this game allows you to gear and play said class every 6 months.

Fuck that would also clear up a lot of the issues that you have 8 billion dps, 1 billion tanks, and like 200 healers that enjoy being a healer slut for this game.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Lets completely ignore blms casting any spells, because nobody invited blms to merit parties to the point where they had to literally team up on their own an do their own thing. Classic old school.

Somewhere between this game and people's warm, fuzzy memories is where the truth of XI's merit parties actually ran like.

Merit parties in XI had several redeeming factors that are simply lacking here:

1) You'd gain merit points, objective improvement of your character.
    2) Relative to this zergfest there were better defined roles, with a sense of rhythm.
    3) Considering those roles, jobs were encouraged to try unconventional setups to optimize and gauge their exp/hour.

There is, or was opportunity here.. but I can't help but feel the people trying to be optimistic are actually being unreasonable. These are the same appeals we have been hearing for years now with this sort of content (Diadem I think was first released in 2015)--at some point it's time to stop holding your breath and accept how unlikely it is for them to deliver content that meets such expectations.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    @Lucavi ^ this. there's absolutely no excuse for the gear rewards to be literally unusable if you've been grinding tomestones or doing savage. it's ridiculous.
    I believe this is some of the outrage that should continue over Eureka as a whole. There is something seriously wrong when we don't hold a monthly subscription MMO game developer to account for shitty game design and double dipping mogstation purchasing, but can rail phone game developers over the coals when they throw out optional shit on top of free content updates and for having 1 hour extra maintenances.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just have to say something about this whole mess. I'm reading posts from people that echos the same kinds of posts from years past.

I started FFXI when I was 19, and I can't say that I regret spending 11 years of my life in that game, I still go back from time to time and love it in its current state. During its prime it had its ups and downs, and it was a big flaw that exping was an event of sorts, but it wasn't the only thing you could do in that game. Gear actually had long term value. You camp a mob for months, and you get a drop, it felt awesome because you know that drop was BiS for at least a year or more. The social aspect was huge in that game, and in large part because you spent so much time with the same people in a party. Some folks enjoyed exping.. I enjoyed the job I was playing(RDM, SCH), and those 8hour long merit parties went a whole lot smoother with all the conversation going on.

Reading a few threads on the OF, including the big FFXI thread, and I was concerned that Yoshida would try to convert the game in someway into FFXI, and in the wrong way. FFXI prime years are behind us. They aren't coming back, and I wouldn't want them to come back. Furthermore, the present FFXI does and has everything that would have been very nice to have during its heyday. It baffles me that there is so much talk about an era long gone, and how it is being injected into FFXIV. That kind of game design is not for this current gaming generation.

Yoshida was recently put on the board of directors, and this means good things for him.. but bad things for the players. In short, this path the development is on, will undoubtedly continue, unless change is forced. If you all want a change, you have to do the very same thing that prompted the end of 1.0 to begin with. None of you paying players have to put up with his mess.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

This shit has been out for less than a week and I'm already hearing people be like "but what about the people left behind that are starting late?". Far various reasons, I've been unable to play this week until tonight, so I haven't touched this content yet. I've seen people say "Why can't I sync down to help my lower leveled friends?" Does this place gimp the exp of lower-leveled people when they're partied with higher leveled ones?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The exp gets severely gimped even if the level difference is like 2+. You usually don't want to have more than 1 level difference in pt, so yeah, I also didn't play much, only lv 4 and it's already problematic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast