1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

if you beat the raid already, this content is pretty much useless 355 w/ 5 materia vs 375 weapon

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Again are you able to meld +40 on primary stats on those weapons or armors?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Again are you able to meld +40 on primary stats on those weapons or armors?
    No. Primary stats are capped on it (Unless for some reason you want Dex on your tank). Gonna be using the i350 gloves and boots on my DRG while I wait for O6S to stop being a fucking bitch and drop some maiming gear. The boots are god damn sexy because I can get close to or cap DH, Crit, and Det on 'em.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Do they have fixed HP values? I just assumed they applied FATE rules to these where the next spawn of the mob has HP based on # of participants of the last one, which is why some of the lower-level ones can take awhile to kill since they're more accessible.
    They have fixed hp values, level sync is the bandaid they are putting so you don't end up in am instance where cactuar has 150mil hp. Magicite is just a way to make soloing those bosses a little more manageable.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    It will be a struggle for stragglers once everyone has completed Eureka, but the majority of the gripes were premature at best
    Literally nobody griped about this being hard. They complained it's bad content; simple, repetitive, boring with absolutely no excuse for it being delayed this long. A "caricature of the worst parts of the xi levelling experience" with some diadem mixed in.

Also citation on this consensus? I hear people are doing it but not particularly enjoying it. That's probably the worst part of this; SE gonna call this successful content for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    No. Primary stats are capped on it (Unless for some reason you want Dex on your tank). Gonna be using the i350 gloves and boots on my DRG while I wait for O6S to stop being a fucking bitch and drop some maiming gear. The boots are god damn sexy because I can get close to or cap DH, Crit, and Det on 'em.
    MND on SMN! Gonna be some badass physick summoners out there... :D

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well people pretty much stopped doing the content "as intended" the second day, now everyone just treats it like diadem v1 and v2 by farming up NMs so really it's exactly the same thing, just brass spoils are replaced by protean crystals.

Now if they want people to xp party like it's XI, they need to make normal mobs drop NM pop items that only a single party can use, and scale the NMs for a party of the level of the NM they're popping (this would also be more in line with the spirit of XI once ZNM came out). Otherwise it's just gonna be afk hunt train forever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They'll never use a pop system because the issue would then turn into a 'everyone is fighting over pazuzu pop items'. This is a combination of systems from NM lottery spawns to FFXIV 'everyone can participate and get rewards' logic and the end result is higher level players are gonna work to spawn NMs while lower level players have to run in a train because sneks will shit all over them and things die stupidly fast.

Imma keep an eye on the HP of these NMs but I'm pretty sure that they don't scale with the playerbase and now that the median of players is climbing into the high teens with their 4 or 5 magicites we're seeing NMs die so fucking fast either you're there or you're not getting credit.

And at lv20 farming protean crystals from mobs is such a fucking joke that its better to just stay near the train and solo a camp near it while waiting for something nearby to spawn.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They could always go abyssea route where said pop nm gives a chance at a KI and it depends on luck because I don't believe that a proc system could work with how the game is set up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It could but the issue is you player characters are spamming magic spells, abilities, and weapon skills so you can just go ahead and assume every proc will be met in some condition or another.

Lv 19. Killed Pazuzu. WHM relic done. Time to see how much longer until I get bored of this. At least it'll make weekly caps a joke.

Thinking about it some more though they could've done what they did for Diadem 2's 36 man battle. Sub instancing to fight a NM.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

9/15 relics done, mostly waiting on more crystals for 3 and feathers for the rest. I hate how it makes you do each and every class but at least this step is simple.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Are you skipping doing any armor, or do you just have that many crystals to blow?

I figure they'll keep upgrading the armor as well, and since I only give a shit for glamour's sake, they're equally important to me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Completed full RDM, full DRK, full MCH (for when I level it) and full SAM. Including their relics. So safe to say I'm done with the content. There's literally no effort once you're over the initial hurdle because after the 99 Anemos crystals you need for the mount quest, you just...stock pile them for converting..not to mention while leveling 19-20 and while popping Zuzu, you gain 3-25 protean crystals a kill while chaining so like..

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Honestly the level grind is the only grind for this relic stage. The relic itself is pathetically easy to obtain, even the full sets of armor that Yoshida was up on his high horse about "I don't want to think of the people that go for a full set of armor." almost as if it would be daunting

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean people going for a full set of relics for all 15 job are clinically insane and I will pray for their recovery.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Fuck the grind for 15 sets of relic, that wouldn't be nearly as hard as mustering the determination and will power to level all classes to 70. Fuck that noise lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Are you skipping doing any armor, or do you just have that many crystals to blow?

I figure they'll keep upgrading the armor as well, and since I only give a shit for glamour's sake, they're equally important to me.
    Not bothering with armor unless I want it for glamour personally.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I hate you all. I'll finish Goddess of Magic and my crap-tier (350, no byakko weapon) sets for all of them about... two weeks from now. by then I predict Eureka will be a barren wasteland

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I mean people going for a full set of relics for all 15 job are clinically insane and I will pray for their recovery.
    As easy as it is to do..I'm good with the 3 jobs I'd actually be playing actively lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I feel dirty as fuck because when I woke up I managed to snag a Pazuzu kill and once my instance downed him I immediately left, joined another instance, and snagged another kill.

I'll have 15 sets of feathers for sure by the end of all of this and I'll probably do this in lieu of expert roulette because this is honestly far better than running another dungeon.

I'm going after the DRG set. Gonna do PLD because the glamour dyes well and WAR and SMN for my retainers. Not sure if I'll do anything else. This is assuming I don't just stop going into eureka.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Double dipping is nice, only been able to do it a few times but saves me effort. Once relics are done then I get to never return until next update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast