1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so what exactly should I be doing as a lv4 with a partner? We were just killing stuff 2 levels over us to get to that point but it seemed horrifically slow. Didnt really see anyone shouting for real low level groups when we were inside.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

R.I.P. Expert dungeon roulette. 1 day of NM's in Eureka is all it takes to cap out for the week, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    so what exactly should I be doing as a lv4 with a partner? We were just killing stuff 2 levels over us to get to that point but it seemed horrifically slow. Didnt really see anyone shouting for real low level groups when we were inside.
    Follow the NM train. Even if it calls you into Newvoid the exp you'd get from a FATE is far better than what you get by killing things.

EXP grind doesn't get outrageously good until you're level15 trying to spawn shit in Newvoid or Uncanny.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems spoopy when we have no mounts and all the mobs would wreck us tho D: getting the magicite in the little cave was already ruff

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Follow the NM train. Even if it calls you into Newvoid the exp you'd get from a FATE is far better than what you get by killing things.

EXP grind doesn't get outrageously good until you're level15 trying to spawn shit in Newvoid or Uncanny.
    To add onto this...

Join a party if you're going to do this, if people will let you join (or join yours). The two of you are not likely going to generate enough enmity to get high credit on most FATE/NMs by yourselves.

Also, in my opinion I would suggest NOT going to the high level FATE/NMs unless you have mid/high-level people in your party. Otherwise you're just going to get bronze credit, and dying a lot for 200~500 exp doesn't seem worth it to me. Fafnir and Hazmet in particular have always been problematic for me when I was under lv10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Seems spoopy when we have no mounts and all the mobs would wreck us tho D: getting the magicite in the little cave was already ruff
    If you're running with the train, try to stay in the middle so the aggro hits other people. If you do die on the way, someone will generally res you up unless you're trailing at the back of the train. You also don't lose exp when you're under level 6.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Also a PSA: Unless you're with a good group of people, who has BRD and/or MCH, don't bother with Amarok. The amount of people who have 0 idea on how to silence shit is ridiculous, at least on Aether. You can tell them before hand, yell it during the fight etc and Amarok still gains 4+ stacks and starts raping everyone.

Not to mention the hydras walking into your prestretch butt ontop of it. So out of all the NMs/Fates in Eureka..Amarok is probably the one to really avoid. Also at this point in time, you're more likely to see people hop instances for Pazuzu or NMs dying in literally seconds if there's a good train going.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

all 3 tanks have access to silence as well and it's not like they need much of their toolkit from their role skills to participate in eureka. Not bringing stun and or silence is really dumb for a tank.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    R.I.P. Expert dungeon roulette. 1 day of NM's in Eureka is all it takes to cap out for the week, lol.
    I was surprised by that me too lol, I just got the message that I couldn't get any more tomes for the week I was like "Wut? O.o" didn't step in any dungeon for the day.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eureka's level of detail in its zone makes me question if Stormblood's zones were still being built with PS3limitations in mind, because it is by and far one of the best looking field zones in the game. Lots of environment variety (props, trees, elevation differences), a crazy amount of grass by the game's own standards, general texturing that isn't super blatant about being tiled (although there are still spots), and lots of swaying shit when the wind is blowing.

That or the added chore of having to make a zone flyable (which means decorating the outskirts, checking for more OoB collision holes, making sure everything has a roof, etc) isn't worth the visual trade-off.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Eureka's level of detail in its zone makes me question if Stormblood's zones were still being built with PS3limitations in mind, because it is by and far one of the best looking field zones in the game. Lots of environment variety (props, trees, elevation differences), a crazy amount of grass by the game's own standards, general texturing that isn't super blatant about being tiled (although there are still spots), and lots of swaying shit when the wind is blowing.

That or the added chore of having to make a zone flyable (which means decorating the outskirts, checking for more OoB collision holes, making sure everything has a roof, etc) isn't worth the visual trade-off.

The latter, because the game is still being built to support 32bit systems.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Perhaps the next expansion will run only on 64-bit systems, I can't imagine there is that big of an install base that runs 32bit OS.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Coulda swore that there was talk about dropping 32bit support around the time that Stormblood was being revealed. Maybe I'm thinking of a different game

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Coulda swore that there was talk about dropping 32bit support around the time that Stormblood was being revealed. Maybe I'm thinking of a different game
    Spaghetti code.

But yes, this is also one of my main problems with Eureka, especially as a healer. Not being able to target people in my own party due to them popping out of existence is infuriating.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The heal sluts in my discord just spam aoe heals when they complain about this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    "At some point" during Stormsblood similar to talks of them wanting to support DX12. It was part of the pre-release presentation.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I love being on a job (War) that has a requirement to be in combat to use certain abilities, IE Infuriate (on War) that I can't use because the game doesn't recognize that I'm in combat 3 minutes into a NM fight because its still using bullshit holdover code from a PS2 era Game in XI because Japan can't fucking code their way out of a paper bag and always have to use their own bullshit designs instead of trusting that the world at large has quality engine architecture despite not being a part of the glorious Nippon master race!

Fuck you, Square. Get your goddamn shit together. Divorce yourself from that shitty XI code once and for all. You can preach to the moon about how you got rid of it all, but you absolutely DID NOT.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Level 15 last night.. At least I feel less like a piece of paper getting torn to shreds. I've done nothing but play RDM cuz f being a melee on any of this.

I am chainspell raising my way to a SAM set i won't even really use. At least it will be done soon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah being a healer in Eureka seems to be the best. so many raises and there's always someone to heal (if you can target them). ranged dps too.

melee, we're sorry but your relic is in another castle lol

currently level 4, deciding if I want to finish my last 10 WHM levels or just go ham with SCH. I get the feeling Eureka will be very, very difficult to work with as the playerbase levels up and newbies are left straggling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Right now is a better time to be a newbie in Eureka than last week because at least an attempt to spawn all NMs is happening. Just make sure you follow the train along for the ride since you'll be getting capped FATE EXP for each one you knock out.

Its just really bad how fast Eureka goes from being a dangerous zone to a joke from 15 to 20.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    yeah being a healer in Eureka seems to be the best. so many raises and there's always someone to heal (if you can target them). ranged dps too.

melee, we're sorry but your relic is in another castle lol

currently level 4, deciding if I want to finish my last 10 WHM levels or just go ham with SCH. I get the feeling Eureka will be very, very difficult to work with as the playerbase levels up and newbies are left straggling.
    Honestly, go now. Before people stop popping the NMs for the NM train.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast