1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would not do 50 trade ins unless I had like 500 to do. But so far I've gotten pretty good rolls.

[14:39]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 153 protean crystals.
    [14:39]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 161 protean crystals.
    [14:39]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 243 protean crystals.
    [14:39]50 Anemos crystals exchanged for 225 protean crystals.

5/7 have been above the the 50% average rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    yeah I'm just curious if they programmed it like

50 * rand(2,5)

or

sum = 0
    repeat 50 times:
    sum += rand(2,5)

the latter would be far better, and the extra computing cost is so small it's not worth mentioning. but I bet they did it the former way
    If that were the case I wouldn't have gotten a fscking 243 (Like holy shit that's good). Its likely very, very simple.

You turn in one for 2-5
    You turn in ten for 20-50
    You turn in fifty for 100-250

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah it's definitely the latter. I got 100 on one of my turn-ins... >.>

was really disappointed after turning in 800 until I was like "this is bullshit. I should have a whole extra stack of protean laying around from all those exchanges." and then I looked and I missed a stack, so yeah it works out lol

I'm a little anxious about the next step though. doing all six mage weapons was really easy this time... I don't know that I'll be able to continue. I get the feeling this was a nice, gentle introduction to the grind and Yoshi P won't be so kind next phase.

unrelated: my current glam is scorpion harness, strider boots, emperor hairpin, and I am so happy that this is possible lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

As per usual the bullshit of relics will be incorporated in the next batch lol. It won't (shouldn't) require anemos crystals because those are plentiful and we won't be in anemos, but it will require an asinine step for the sake of it, similar to getting lights or forcing reruns of older content. So it will not surprise me if monsters that currently pop no NMs in anemos atm will suddenly be needed for an item the FATE drops.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ that's what I'm thinking. I'll probably drop most of my relics after the next phase depending

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I could see them requiring Anemos for further steps in addition to crystals for the new zone to keep Anemos relevant.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think so. More than likely they'll retune the amount of amenos crystal turn ins required

or Daily and/or weekly quests.

Not to mention further level increases will make even boss monsters like Pazuzu a faster kill.

I do think future crystals will be able to be converted into protean.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm a filthy level 2 noob who's not ventured pass the shell/sea mobs outside of the camp

What's the best way for me to get the Rare/Ex glamour? Join NM train and cruise along/dodge all mobs along the way?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah but you won't have a chance to roll at it until you're one level less than the NM is designed for.

Which isn't to say you need to be max level per se, but until around 12-13... you'll be standing around doing a lot of nothing getting mostly just exp, so be a class that can raise. After that those levels you start to be able to matter and do things to monsters and start getting more rewards, and 15+ You can be DPS/tank and actually do things on 90% of the NM.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dawwwwww thanks for that advice. I'll put some aside time to level up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The easiest way to level right now is to just do that fate train, join as a class that can rez, possibly heal, and just keep your head down and do that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The fate train overall quality has dropped drasticaly now, so better get on with it while people still have a working half brain, it seems recording and following accurate timer is becoming too hard for most..

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not only that, people help each others a lot less when going from A to B, don't bother with lower level fates, dropping right after Pazuzu goes down (zones gone half-dead) etc. I have an alt I wanted to get through that stuff, and it's a lot more gruelling the 2nd time around, and not just because I don't enjoy Eureka.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

To be fair, hopping for Pazuzu happened like..after the 5th day lol. It's more apparent now because the leeches are all level 19/20 now. So yeah the quality has dropped significantly (as usual, ESPECIALLY on aether if you play during the wrong times) and the amount of leeching has grown significantly.

That's why I cracked out and completed everything within the first week because I knew what would happen when the 'leftovers' as people call them hop onto it. It happens with Primals lol. Also, trolls are trying to take over the NM tracker when someone (with a brain) has to leave, and causes all sorts of chaos.

So you can partially blame SE for making the content the way it is and not actually looking at FFXI outside of the leveling experience, but also blame the fact there's virtually nothing to do in Eureka BUT fate train for efficiency. Low level fates are sadly worthless in every sense to people at level 20 (seems to be more of an NA thing, only seen low level NMs not killed once or twice in past week on JP datacenters) since the high level ones give most anemos/mendacity. So at this point if you're not done/gearing out EVERYTHING, you're storing anemos to convert to protean for the next round in 4.35 and most efficient is high level NMs/instance hop pazuzu.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just wanna be able to blist someone when I'm in an instance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eureka Pagos stuff coming out.

Album of Relics (If anyone wants to PM me individual links that'd be awesome. Can't view at work and can't scrape them to BG Bucket)

https://imgur.com/a/jDwzQjq

Stats

Spoiler: show

List of NMs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...JfI/edit#gid=0

Also looks like there's a level60 Recipe to make a pop item for Hakutaku. NOSTALGA.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

AST - spell speed / det

thanks, I hate it

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So is this the same Eureka grind as the first, just with a snow covered paint?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Have they added elemental level sync yet?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Have they added elemental level sync yet?
    Only in Anemos where it caps you to 20 regardless.