1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Grabbed all my relics and haven't stepped foot inside. Won't be surprised if in a week or so it'll be the same for the rest.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ehhh, the tomes dropping from the NM FATEs might prop it up on Tuesday/Wednesday even after it's "dead". I quite like the ability to get easy tomes without investing attention/effort.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I can cap in a single 3hr session without having to use any real brain power. Anything to avoid expert I am satisfied with.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I get the feeling Eureka will be very, very difficult to work with as the playerbase levels up and newbies are left straggling.
    One thing you can do to mitigate this is by not being shy and ask if you can get rides from ppl lv17+ if they have two seats mounts.

As bad as this content can be, Yoshida deserve the credit when it comes to making a content where people can socialize, at least on Chaos DC people talks in parties, cracks jokes and we even share tasks to give a ride to the lower levels and to protect them (if we can) thats a FFXI feel and thats nice.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

From https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._yoships_walk/

Yoshi-p said a lot of the dev members leave the company as soon as their work is done, so they can go home and play Eureka...
    I guess the plan is just to keep telling us this is great content?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    From https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._yoships_walk/

I guess the plan is just to keep telling us this is great content?
    BREAKING: Player complains about people enjoying content he doesn't enjoy. News at 11.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    BREAKING: Player complains about people enjoying content he doesn't enjoy. News at 11.
    ohboy, is it time for even here to get OF-worthy? You're not seriously defending this?

And yeah, it's totally legit to get mad that some people are accepting this content, because that means that's where the bar's set for future content.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    ohboy, is it time for even here to get OF-worthy? You're not seriously defending this?

And yeah, it's totally legit to get mad that some people are accepting this content, because that means that's where the bar's set for future content.
    I mean if you want to take the position that getting mad at people for enjoying something they enjoy that's your own prerogative, it doesn't make it not dumb though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean if anything was expecting a game that eschewed everquest style content for WoW style and made an entire zone dedicated to Relic grinding to be revolutionary and amazing then LOL.

The only thing that Eureka does amazingly is shower Mendacity the same way Hunts did with Tomestones of Soldiety back in patch 2.3 when that got introduced.

Legitimately its the only relevant content I can do with the wife because she doesn't play the game too well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I must admit the socialization aspect is pretty nice. I do like these Diadem type things while they last mainly for the chance to do things in a giant mob of people. Reminds me of the good old Besieged days. But that's also the main problem with content like Eureka; once a lot of people stop going, the smaller number of people who are still going will struggle.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I must admit the socialization aspect is pretty nice. I do like these Diadem type things while they last mainly for the chance to do things in a giant mob of people. Reminds me of the good old Besieged days. But that's also the main problem with content like Eureka; once a lot of people stop going, the smaller number of people who are still going will struggle.
    I just came out of it after being a cute lala’s lv1 bodyguard for about 1h30, she wasn’t in my party either so no mount allowed, throw me back to when I was getting ppl from Sandy to Jeuno... that feeling was good, I am just sad she wasn’t from my server as we had good fun chatting. Sorry to say it but this game lacked that kind of interaction since 2013, I already have 3 relics and 3 set of armors, I just don’t care about the grind anymore, being able to play like that is good.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

"Deathscythe was better than endgame weapons!"

you fucking wot lmao

No wonder Eureka is such a poor emulation of XI style gameplay, Yoshida evidently never played it

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    BREAKING: Player complains about people enjoying content he doesn't enjoy. News at FF 11.
    I couldn't help it.

@Fiye: What is it about the game that your wife can't play well? Details, please.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    "Deathscythe was better than endgame weapons!"

you fucking wot lmao

No wonder Eureka is such a poor emulation of XI style gameplay, Yoshida evidently never played it
    Yeah, some shitting 20k AH weapon > some 300M relic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I couldn't help it.

@Fiye: What is it about the game that your wife can't play well? Details, please.
    She's garbage at dodging mechanics and doing DPS so something as easy as even Byakko Extreme is a little out of her range. So that would leave just Expert Roulettes, Maps, and Hunts for relevant "end game" content that doesn't involve outdated content or leveling alt jobs.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Gotcha.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So is this actually a thing? I remember everyone crapped on Eureka at release, but this thread is now nearly 10 pages long.

What's the reason people are still on this... weekly tome cap? Are the relic glams that good?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    10 pages long.
    i n f e r i o r f o r u m s e t t i n g s d e t e c t e d

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So is this actually a thing? I remember everyone crapped on Eureka at release, but this thread is now nearly 10 pages long.

What's the reason people are still on this... weekly tome cap? Are the relic glams that good?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's actually a thing. People like/use the armor (especially being 350 pentameld without needing a crafter) and the first step of a relic isn't a retarded step compared to the other first steps of the recent ones. So it's very attractive to casual base, since realistically you don't need beyond 350 gear for this cycle unless you are going after later Sigma Savage stages..which a lot of people aren't.

It's an easy tome cap that is true, since unless you have shitty luck, you're WAY more than likely have all the minions/mount by now, it has cracked clusters etc too but I doubt that keeps people there. People crapped on it initially because there was an initial hump to get over, so it being "like XI" is true, people tend to crap on new systems with XI before they jumped into it fully because they didn't find rewards vastly superior to what they can get in the dats, but ended up working on the system anyway.

Eureka is terrible for what it is, but it's something else to do when you complete the game every reset, since unlike XI, there's no omni gearsets (since every role is slotted off into slaying/striking etc,) so chances are people are taking this chance to gear out every job in full Anemos/Relic and ready for the next step because it'll give you an edge going into 4.3x when they drop the next round of Eureka. Ilvl jump in 4.4 will depend if we get the next tier of gear (Big if) that's an upgraded Anemos and obviously we'll get the next step of relic, but I know a good majority of people are more in the mindset of "Let me do this now before I have to play catch up later." Since as easy as it is, I wouldn't want to jump into eureka after it gets abandoned.

Maybe not as quick as Derpadem did despite offering tome rewards, but it'll definitely die down.

Also, yeah Eureka shoutchat is largely Balmung people molesting people while in the Aether Control room.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast