Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    No, it isn't. It's a party game!
    ftfy

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    A $1,200 PC is already doing what next gen consoles will strive to do at a $400 price point. Couple the fact that 4k is going to hamstring any real upgrade to graphical fidelity.

The only new console i'm even remotely hype for is a Switch refresh.
    As much as I hate to say it, I have a feeling that the next Gen Xbox due out sometime in the next three years will be modular so that you upgrade parts of the system instead of the whole system itself. Also the Switch is going to get a refresh at some point because of the hardware exploit allowing home brew and my understanding is that software can't block the exploit.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

What would need to be modular other than the GPU? I highly doubt they'd go that route. What makes sense for them is to embrace the iterative jump in hardware power, and massively upgrade their software ecosystems around it.

The problem is Sony/M$/Nintendo don't know what they want their platform's to be.

M$ wants Xbox exclusives but they also want to compete with Steam on Win10.
    Sony wants game streaming to become a thing except for when they want to sell you new games.
    Nintendo wanted virtual console on Wii U to sell us games individually, but now wants us to pay monthly to access the same library on Switch.

No one knows what direction to go in all while Mobile is racking in all the money. I'd drop money to buy an Xbox that was as big as an apple tv, if it meant I could stream AAA games/movies on day one of their release as part of my XBL subscription.
    I'd drop any amount of money on a new Switch if I had access to every single first party Nintendo game from NES onward.

Steam isn't the greatest, but its still miles ahead of PC in regards to functionality. It's annoying to have to wait and wait and wait for console infrastructure to catch up and give us some of the most basic shit.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/studio-t...bsite-launched

Studio Trigger (Little Witch Acadamia, Kill la Kill, Darling in the Franxx) and Arc System Works (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue) are teaming up for.. something.
    Countdown ends Friday night.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The PS5 is a time machine!

Really though, they probably want to mimic a Nintendo Direct/Treehouse type setup for a PS5 reveal and are skipping the big expensive presser event to do so.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow, no PSX show or E3? That's pretty major.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So Sony is out of big name exclusive games and thus has nothing to talk about since the only thing driving the PS4 is said exclusives.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

don't think it's that, they have huge exclusives coming down the pipe to finish the PS4's life cycle in The Last of Us Part II, Death Stranding, and the FF VII remake.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

7R is better off just being a next-gen showpiece at this rate with how little has been shown after SE took it inhouse.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

E3 is becoming less and less valuable over time. I already find things like TGS and Gamescom to be more interesting, E3 feels more like an electronic fashion show.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It makes sense, why pay big $$$ to do reveals at the same time as your competitors when you can charge the public to come and see your flops at a time more to your choosing?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    7R is better off just being a next-gen showpiece at this rate with how little has been shown after SE took it inhouse.
    Yep, aka we'll never see anything about it ever again lol but the same reused footage over and over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo
    E3 is an outstanding opportunity for us to share new games and experiences with fans and business partners from across the globe. Every year, we discuss what will be the best way for us to take advantage of the next E3 show in order to bring smiles to people’s faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer, Microsoft
    E3 is an incredible platform to showcase the vibrancy and creativity of the video game industry. The ESA continues to expand the event’s reach to fans and the industry, both in attendance and online, and we look forward to what’s ahead at E3 2019.
    lawl

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Last E3, Sony showed a majority of games that were 2019. Also, they had the musical theatre thing that really was four games and a lot of people hated it. My guess is they don't really have anything since they want to get PS5 ready for Christmas 2019 without too much fuss if they decided to wait/push.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This screams "the only games we can show are games we announced too early last year or the year before that".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I feel like cons cultivate disappointment and rage more than excitement these days, but maybe that's just because I'm a Diablo fan.