+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Anime 2018 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Waiting until it finishes before I give it another chance since at least I can skim/skip the shitty teenage drama. I'm pretty sure it's still Guilty Crown levels retarded though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been enjoying it more lately. Especially now that the plot seems to actually be going somewhere. And yeah, ep.15 was really nice. Full version of the song was nice

Watched the first 3 eps of FMP. God I miss this show. I don't know how far they'll get but it seems like we'll need one more season after this one to wrap everything up, unless this goes 26 instead of 13.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just started watching the very first season of FMP so I can jump on this bandwagon eventually too. Enjoying it so far, it's like Escaflowne minus the isekai stuff. Although it does make me realize how tired I am of harem shit. I just want a nice simple romance between main girl and main dude.

I don't remember there being harems or anything like that in FMP. Sagara is pretty single minded in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I don't remember there being harems or anything like that in FMP. Sagara is pretty single minded in all things.
    I think that was his point no? There's no harem shit in FMP at all, Fumofu has maybe one other chick that likes Sagara but that's it. I won't say much else since you're still in season 1.

Probably, I just genuinely don't remember it's been like 15 years since I watched the first season and 10 since I watched the 2nd. I'll probably give them another watch since it has been long enough that I don't remember anything.

I watch Fumoffu whenever I can though, shit's amazing.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh no I did mean it for FMP because so far the one submarine commander chick has been added, and there was also the filler ep with rando girl using him as a surrogate boyfriend. It's only been 11 eps and he already hooked up with 3 chicks hahaha. It's like "oh ok, I guess we're doing it like this, as usual".

I think FMP is more about a love triangle that's practically a straight line, there's very little if any actual harem shit going on except maybe as a massive joke. When it's serious it's mostly just about Sagara and Chidori.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well, good. Cause I don't like sub captain girl (even though she was probably everyone's top waifu for this show) moving in on that action.

Been about 5 episodes, so it's that time.

Piano no Mori: About a boy and a piano and a forest. It's just a classical music anime done well (except for the godawful CG). If you've been craving music anime like I have this is cool.

Golden Kamuy: Interesting story about a Japanese man back from the war looking for a secret cache of gold with a native girl who's looking for revenge. Real good dynamic, interesting setting, fun as fuck characters and an interesting plot. I won't give too much away because the setting is a bit of a setup, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Mahou Shoujo Ore: I wasn't ready for this, and I'm still not. Only watched a couple of episodes but it was decently funny as a gimmick. Suspect the joke wears real thin real fast though.

Uma Musume: Seems like a game (same company as Rage of Bahamut?) adaptation of sorts but overall I was expecting a stupid as fuck show and got something surprisingly good. The characters are fun and aren't taken too seriously and they actually animate the running decently. More than that, and this is what most surprised me, the girls run like actual human beings (I know they're horses plz) and they do a really good job of making the races feel fast. There is still some stupid shit (like why do the winners have to become 5 minute idols? Cuz Japan) but overall it has enough fun with it to be pleasing.

Persona 5 Animation: I want to love this, but so far it's a bitter disappointment compared to P4A. Ren just doesn't have enough personality in the anime, Yu Narukami was basically what you got if you combined the funny answers with some serious ones, but they also put way more effort into the arrangement of the events (Shadow Kanji's dungeon will never not make me laugh). I'll watch the whole thing and hope it gets better, but so far...sad.

Mahou Shoujo Site: I said earlier this has potential...and I was wrong. It's still fucking boring, the main girl is still annoying and the fun psycho characters barely have any screen time. Next episode is psycho brother with psycho friend, if that episode doesn't deliver I'm done. Fucking could just make a show about the brother and I'd be all about that.

Gurazeni: Baseball anime about actual professional baseball. It doesn't have the usual sports tropes/cliches but it does have a humourously bleak look on professional sports. Characters are fun, animation is decent, style reminds me of a more subdued Kaiji but I can't really recommend it unless you're looking for something different. It's good, not great.

Full Metal Panic: Still good, still fun, I think TSR's quality spoiled me because for a while the show was looking pretty shoddy, but maybe I've gotten used to it so it's been looking better.

Megalo Box: I said something about this, but it's basically Ashita no Joe in a more futuristic setting. Great setting, fun characters, lively art and great music. If you enjoy boxing/sports shows you'll probably like this.

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Something about finding love as an Otaku is hard? Whatever, overall I kind of love this show. It's cute, the characters are funny (and on a personal level, relateable) and it's just fun to watch. You'd think the main girl would be annoying as fuck, and she is but in a totally charming way.

Steins Gate 0: FUCK I NEEDED THIS SO BADLY ITS SO GOOD WHY CAN'T I WATCH IT ALL ALREADY?! I want to wait for it to finish...I think I need to to fully enjoy but everytime I see it up I just have to watch it. Fuck can it be Wednesday already?

And randomly, there's an Aggressive Retsuko anime on netflix. If you've watched any of the original shorts (1 min, 100 episodes) this show is easy to get. They turned it from 1 min shorts to 15 min episodes with a different rearrangement of the characters. Less death metal thrashing than I was expected but Retsuko is my fucking spirit animal so I couldn't help but love it.

Full Metal Panic: Still good, still fun, I think TSR's quality spoiled me because for a while the show was looking pretty shoddy, but maybe I've gotten used to it so it's been looking better.
    The car chase scene was absolute trash. The CGI has been 50/50 with quality but the animation quality doesn't seem to be lacking. TSR did it better though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Totally agree on the P5 assessment. Anime has been garbage so far and made worse by the fact that I started playing a NG+ and going through that amazing game all over again. Comparing the two just makes the anime even worse.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gonna toss this out there, Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan has really strong hidden gem potential. It's kind of hard to pin-point the genre and style of the show down, I mean, it looks like a kids show but it isn't. The characters look like they'd be anime tropes but they aren't. The plot looks like it'll be both simple and over the top weird. And overall it's just been enjoyable 3 episodes in so far.

I totally thought that was kids junk from the pictures and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    The car chase scene was absolute trash. The CGI has been 50/50 with quality but the animation quality doesn't seem to be lacking. TSR did it better though.
    Speaking of disappointing how do they already have a recap episode?

I mean if the quality actually gets better then sure, but it probably won't.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

5 episodes in and I'm sold. HISOMASOOOOOOOO is great. Not like anime of the season caliber, but just something nice and fun to look forward to every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I totally thought that was kids junk from the pictures and shit.

Speaking of disappointing how do they already have a recap episode?

I mean if the quality actually gets better then sure, but it probably won't.
    Seems to be a theme this week. SAO has a recap ep too this week, da fk?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Really digging the Darling in the Franxx show. Will be interested to see how it all turns out though

Spoiler theory

Spoiler: show
    Too much death foreshadowing which means I’ma be fucking pissed at the end.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Really digging the Darling in the Franxx show. Will be interested to see how it all turns out though

Spoiler theory

Too much death foreshadowing which means I’ma be fucking pissed at the end.
    Yup in Darling in the Franxx...

expecting a lot of people to die! Have a feeling zero two may die for some reason...

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Yup in Darling in the Franxx...

expecting a lot of people to die! Have a feeling zero two may die for some reason...
    100% Zero Two going to die. I am betting Kokoro or Mitsuru gonna go, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast