FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Totally agree

Spoiler: show
    No way at all this show has anything close to a happy ending.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Really digging the Darling in the Franxx show. Will be interested to see how it all turns out though

Spoiler theory

Too much death foreshadowing which means I’ma be fucking pissed at the end.
    Could be subverted. Theres seemingly far too many death flags flying which could turn out to be false flags. Could be even intentional false flagging to keep people hooked to the end.

So potentially it could be a Guilty Crown where no one dies.

I can't think of a worse thing. Looking forward to people's reactions in a few weeks.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So there's a live action Saiki movie. And unlike the vast majority of manga/anime -> live action adaptions this one is actually, surprisingly, pretty good. It's mostly true to the manga but obviously adapted to fit a feature film style. But the characters are for the most part pretty close to their manga versions and the comedy is fun.

Nendo is the only really dark spot. The guy they got to play him is like.... perfect. Looks exactly like the manga version in RL, it's kind of awe-inspiring lol. But the actor/character in the movie was fucking terrible and nothing like the manga version. Teruhashi is a bit more extreme in the movie but it works really well (plus Kanna Hashimoto is amazing). And Saiki actually speaks in the movie as him communicating in just telepathy wouldn't really work, but it's quickly forgotten.

The pacing at times feels kind of slow (especially compared to the anime which goes at hyper speed compared to most shounen jump manga based anime), but overall it's fun and worth a watch if you like the source material.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Just saw an Ep1 for an anime called "To Be Heroine", got to say its decent action anime, but its also pretty weird.. in a funny/disturbing way.

I think it's a continuation of To Be Hero which came out a while ago, was a short mini series comedy with lots of weirdness and a catchy ED.

Holy fuck FMP6 anime quality was really low :/

FMP7 was really good. Fuck the ending.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Strange, this thread has been moving slow.

You guys ok? Or is everything boring until Summer.

(I'm waiting for a 4-5 series to end so I can marathon them)

I'm watching things, but I guess there's a lot of mediocrity. Or in case of things like MHA, we technically know what will happen, so it's just waiting for animated form.

Like, I feel like Grancrest could be a lot better, but you've obviously got some budget issues going on and pacing can pretty much be all over the place relative to plot points. I don't know if this one of those shows that's just meant to be an advertisement for a video game or LN, but it gives off that vibe at times. Meanwhile, everyone just elevates Theo when 9 times out of 10 it's Siluca pulling the weight of a moment. So, in that respect, there's that sort of faceless self-insertion wank going on that is notorious of LN/VN adaptations.

Tokyo Ghoul is just a mix of boredom and angsty confusion. I guess I probably should've saw the movie that came up between the seasons?

Seven Deadly Sins is okay, but like MHA, having read the manga, there aren't any real surprises. At this point, I'm just wondering where they intend to stop since catch-up is a possibility.

Stein's Gate is good, but it's still in its "building up" phase, I feel.

Soma is Soma, but if this content is where the manga's popularity dropped, I think I can understand why. This arc is just pretty mediocre.

SAO's spin-off is okay, but I'd say it's plagued with a tad too many coincidences and Japan-isms for me to really want to elevate it higher. A recap episode 6 in does us no favors, either. At this point, I'm just waiting to find out Pito is the singer Llenn likes or something.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Steins;gate is definitely on my "wait until it is over and marathon it" list. Other stuff I'm watching isn't really much to discuss lol.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Who else is watching Megalo Box? It's the most Watanabe Shinichiro show to not be made by Watanabe Shinichiro.

Characters are good and the pacing is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The outcomes are predictable but the way we get there is often surprising.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I started watching it a few days ago, really enjoying it so far

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Who else is watching Megalo Box? It's the most Watanabe Shinichiro show to not be made by Watanabe Shinichiro.

Characters are good and the pacing is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The outcomes are predictable but the way we get there is often surprising.
    It's fantastic; 1000% agree with the Watanabe Shinichiro crossover. Protagonist is basically a boxing version of Spike from Bebop. Animation is stellar.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    It's fantastic; 1000% agree with the Watanabe Shinichiro crossover. Protagonist is basically a boxing version of Spike from Bebop. Animation is stellar.
    And he looks like Mugen from Champloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Holy fuck FMP6 anime quality was really low :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    FMP7 was really good. Fuck the ending.
    Such a mixed bag, some of the CG is absolutely horrible, but other times it isn't so bad. Least it's still fun to watch even if it's a pain to look at sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Such a mixed bag, some of the CG is absolutely horrible, but other times it isn't so bad. Least it's still fun to watch even if it's a pain to look at sometimes.
    Yeah, next episode is going to be rough :/ 7 was good with the quality. Who did the other seaons? Bones?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Kyoto Animation

Gonzo did the first season I think, but Kyoto did Fumoffu and The Second Raid.

I swear she makes the best faces.

This is such a weirdly fun show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast