Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Spring Anime 2018 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Essentially people expected Trigger and got A-1 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    No. Because it was stupid as fuck and people should be warned.
    Good looking out lol

I mean it was fairly obvious this show was going to be trash but they didn't even want to have any fun with it. Glad I ducked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    FMP: WHO THE FUUUCK DREW THIS EPISODE? Such a good plot episode but fuck me with the artwork.

When the camera swings back around to these guys I fucking died. The black dude looks so sarcastic lol

The story is still doing it for me but it's such a shame about production. I expect another recap episode before it hits 12.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    No. Because it was stupid as fuck and people should be warned.
    Some people like the massively growing.. plot...!

edit

also... Japan
    Register to see the NSFW content

What is that supposed to be besides boobs? I'm so confused.

No summer anime thread? Either way this Kaiji side story is clearly the next level of anime.

On the flip side, that zombie girl OVA(ONA?) was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, but it was funny as well so I can't hate too much.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    No summer anime thread? Either way this Kaiji side story is clearly the next level of anime.

On the flip side, that zombie girl OVA(ONA?) was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, but it was funny as well so I can't hate too much.
    No ones made a summer anime thread, even though its got a lot of good anime (from a lot of manga's I've been reading for awhile now). Speaking of which... Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Ep1 just came out... awww yessss

I know why you like that anime, but it looks like trash lol

There was another isekai one that looked like a lazy SAO but with maybe ghosts or some shit, and some Banana that looks like it might be to do with gangsters?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ker hasn't posted here in ages... I think. And I made this one, so one of you other people make it!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I know why you like that anime, but it looks like trash lol

There was another isekai one that looked like a lazy SAO but with maybe ghosts or some shit, and some Banana that looks like it might be to do with gangsters?
    pfft, its just starting...!

and yeah the art style could be a bit better... like the ending credits style... would be amazing >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jist finished watching Franxx and while its a decent ending it feels like it suffered the cursed Evangelion ending from 20-24. Seemed like alot of content had to be cut to make the ending and just feels like it couldve been better.

In the words of Spike Lee's Shinji: "You ran outta ink too didnt ya, you cheap bastards?!"

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It reminded me a lot of Eureka Seven: Ao. Good premise, spent the majority of the anime building up a "lots of shit is happening/has happened behind the scenes and we're constantly teasing you about it" only to have it stuffed into the last couple episodes without really exploring it at all and having the ending leaving much to be desired.

They either should have had another cour or two to flesh out the space/VIRM shit, or gone Gurren and went into space a lot sooner and not drag out the buildup as much. The ending itself was fine (episode 24) and would have been nicer if everything before it was fleshed out more. And I stand by my statement that episode 23 was dumb as fuck. But yeah, this series, like ES:Ao, I wanted to like and there was some decent potential to be pretty fantastic but the execution was pretty terrible.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What, in the actual fuck, Overlord episode 8.

Spoiler: show
    I thought the Jircniv/his country might have been a threat to Ainz, but nope, one dragon can shit on his entire city. Then there's the whole "I want new sources of power" but everyone is literal shit to Ainz, and it went all guru on us.

Not sure what this show is trying to be anymore.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post

I thought the Jircniv/his country might have been a threat to Ainz, but nope, one dragon can shit on his entire city. Then there's the whole "I want new sources of power" but everyone is literal shit to Ainz, and it went all guru on us.

It's not about anyone being a threat or not being a threat to Ains. In these kinds of shows, no one is ever a real threat to the MC. The new source of power he's looking for is the religious magic used by the Paladin, which didn't exist in the video game that the world he's living in "used to be." This is also why he seems to care so much about the alchemist kid in the village. All of the in-game crafting systems no longer exist, so he has a finite number of game-tier potions and spell scrolls. Nearly all of his experiments thus far have been about finding a way to generate new sources of magic/consumables so that he's not SOL when the stuff he started with runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post

It's not anything, and I don't think it ever was a thing.

At the very least I still don't know and have stopped caring. Maybe at some point he'll have to actually try or maybe something interesting will happen, but I doubt it.

I don't see what's so difficult to grasp. He doesn't believe he's the only "chosen one" as per players also brought over. He wants to be the strongest when/if they eventually do cross paths. Some of it fits into the in-game persona, others are what any smart PvPer would try to do anyway. At this point, the largest unknown would be not knowing what would happen to Ains, himself, if he died. Could he be resurrected with some form of penalty? Would he wake up in RL? Would he literally just die? If you don't know the answers to those questions, would you want to be caught with your pants down?

Sure, part of me hoped the Gilgamesh wannabe might have been more of a challenge, but the very kingdom he seemed to be presiding over has also been shown to be flawed. Among those points being the yearly invasion to the neighboring kingdom solely to keep their military in check. And while his policy of taking in the most qualified as opposed to those of nobility into his circle may sound better, it still had people falling through the cracks like the magic seeing girl and her siblings. This "trap" was 100% Ains checking these greedy motherfuckers all throughout their hierarchy. To what degree they pay for it, I guess we'll see next episode.

Otherwise, part of the plan was also to reveal his group to the world. This could attract those "chosen ones" or just set things up for his eventual conquering of the NPCdom. I wouldn't even rule out the possibility that this "god" the paladin dude was devoted to could've been another player, as there's also nothing that implicitly states other wouldbe PCs had to exist in the game world at the same time or in the same capacity. If it turns out he can tweak the dude's brain to instead draw faith/devotion from Ains, and in turn gain new power/abilities, it's something he could also pass down to his minions if there isn't a perceived detrimental cost to the process. And if we're being honest, a lot of his minions already deify him.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever not chuckle at rainbow vomit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever not chuckle at rainbow vomit.
    I watched the episode twice just for that 30 seconds of seeing her mind get blown.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As soon as they mentioned her having this ability I was waiting for that moment

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8