+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Live action movie is available on Netflix and it's as cringy as usual JP drama shows. Better than the US live action Dragonball movie I guess but that's not exactly a high bar. I guess a better comparison would be the live action Gantz movie.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just watched the live action out of boredom and it was surprisingly entertaining lol. Besides the low budget feeling of it all, the way they structured the story was pretty solid.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Final arc is getting animated along with Burn the Witch getting serialized this summer & having an anime adaptation

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Honestly don't give one single fuck about the story, getting more Kubo art is more than enough for me to get hyped.

That arc has some sick fights in it though, hopefully whoever is animating it does them justice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Maybe they'll use this as an opportunity to do the final fight justice.

Going to seriously hope for some story revisions/improvements since we've had time for Kubo to not be under the mangaka crunch, but I'm going to doubt it. Big question is will they try to squeeze it all into 24 episodes or shoot for another season or two beyond that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was gonna say they need to do some retcons and flesh the end out more but I'm all about it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Hyped. The final arc had some great fights.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lol at Bleach plot, indeed. But still, the full 1000 year blood war arc is some 206 chapters (480-686).
    Outside of filler, the original anime was pretty much following a "2 manga chapters" : "1 half-hour episode" ratio.
    If they're really going to continue animating the whole story verbatim, it suggests about 100 episodes, or 4~ years/seasons of this (at 24-26 eps/year) without filler.

I feel like it's gotta be an abridged adaptation. I just hope they do keep some of the key moments. They'll be incredible animated.
    Yamamoto's death. Kenpachi cleaving a fucking meteor. Yachiru Unohana. Squad 0 antics. Rukia Bankai. Un-Doge Komamura. Forging Tensa Zangetsu. Nazi Lightning Boobs. Aizen unbound from his chair. Kyoraku Bankai. Zombie Izuru. Urahara Bankai.

I look forward to this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I legit can't remember anyone's Bankai from the last arc. I just remember zombie chick killing off some captains permanently (or ambiguous if they died).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I legit can't remember anyone's Bankai from the last arc. I just remember zombie chick killing off some captains permanently (or ambiguous if they died).
    That's because most of them got one panel.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also how is bleach TWENTY years old what the fuck LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Also how is bleach TWENTY years old what the fuck LOL
    Pretty sure it didn't come out when I was 15...

Did it <___________<?

Imagine first exposure for a lot of us was the anime. Birth probably counts as its pitch/acceptance to Jump as a manga. But yeah, we old.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Lol at Bleach plot, indeed. But still, the full 1000 year blood war arc is some 206 chapters (480-686).
    Outside of filler, the original anime was pretty much following a "2 manga chapters" : "1 half-hour episode" ratio.
    If they're really going to continue animating the whole story verbatim, it suggests about 100 episodes, or 4~ years/seasons of this (at 24-26 eps/year) without filler.

I feel like it's gotta be an abridged adaptation. I just hope they do keep some of the key moments. They'll be incredible animated.
    Yamamoto's death. Kenpachi cleaving a fucking meteor. Yachiru Unohana. Squad 0 antics. Rukia Bankai. Un-Doge Komamura. Forging Tensa Zangetsu. Nazi Lightning Boobs. Aizen unbound from his chair. Kyoraku Bankai. Zombie Izuru. Urahara Bankai.

I look forward to this.
    If this was a manga like One Piece or Hero Academia or even OPM (which doesn't follow the weekly 18-page release, I grant you), then yeah 2-chapters per 1 episode rule would be pretty good. But from what I remember of the end of Bleach, which admittedly isn't a lot, the chapters were pretty thin at the end. If they have the budget and animate it more akin to HA or Haikyuu or how they're doing current Jump shows (IE, not Naruto/OP/Bleach run infinitely of old), then I can easily see them packing in 3-4 chapters per episode, animating them gorgeously and keeping each episode nice and full without the worry of having to stretch things out for fear of running out of material like they used to

Ridill
    BG Level

I never did finish Bleach. I think I got to the part where a big fat guy with a big paint brush did... something? Idk I was just getting so bored with it not going anywhere.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I never did finish Bleach. I think I got to the part where a big fat guy with a big paint brush did... something? Idk I was just getting so bored with it not going anywhere.
    Well, shortly after it jumped to 11th gear and basically rushed probably a years worth of releases into like 1 month and was over before it made sense!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The worst was the final fight -- After a series that had so many '"You fell for my trap!" "You unleashed my power-up!" "Just as I planned!" "I was holding back all along!"' for weeks on end for every other fight, the final fight only lasted like two or three weeks.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I stopped reading right before the final shit after the soul king was killed or whatever. All I know is that stupid wrestling guy and the zombie chick and her friends went on for way too long.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I stopped reading right before the final shit after the soul king was killed or whatever. All I know is that stupid wrestling guy and the zombie chick and her friends went on for way too long.
    That and a lot of cool shit went absolutely no where or people that killed off screen. Or characters were hyped up and then were absolutely pointless ala the royal guard.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag