+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    How long were you under the impression that Momo isn't always being stabbed?
    Who said the Espada only go to 0????

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Please stop. All this talk about Kuboisms is triggering my eye roll PTSD

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Wasn’t the story behind the rush job was that Kubo was blind-sided about how soon he had to end it?
    He was blindsided AND had an undiagnosed broken shoulder/arm. Kubo was basically doing the equivalent of a marathon on two broken legs while Nike is on his back demanding he win more races.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Wasn’t the story behind the rush job was that Kubo was blind-sided about how soon he had to end it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    He was blindsided AND had an undiagnosed broken shoulder/arm. Kubo was basically doing the equivalent of a marathon on two broken legs while Nike is on his back demanding he win more races.
    Wasn't he being rushed because his rating were dropping?

A quick google search seems to suggest his ratings started to drop in 2008 but it wasn't until 2010 that things really started turning for the worse. That's 5 years before the series ended. When did editors tell him to start wrapping things up?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There were tons of "research" delays that didn't help which in retrospect might have more to do with just how badly he was injured.

Spoiler: show

That's gonna be a yikes from me, dawg.

Think we need to remember some translators are shitlords and probably thought doing something like that was cute despite the Germanic influences of the Quincy.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My friend had a very good theory, supported now by Burn the Witch, in that Bleach was always supposed to be a regional deal. We were eventually supposed to see more of how other regions dealt with hollows, which is why Hueco Mundo had heavy Spanish influence and why the Quincy were German. But when Kubo didn't have anything prepared after the Soul Society arc he recycled Mexico into another rescue arc. The Arrancar and Resurrecions were going to be the Mexican Reapers and Zanpaktou equivalent. Same thing happened with the Quincy for the final arc because Kubo never got past the "pit the reapers against a different ethnic squad and devolve it to a set of Captain vs. Countered-by-Captain fights"

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Think we need to remember some translators are shitlords and probably thought doing something like that was cute despite the Germanic influences of the Quincy.
    From the raw:
    Spoiler: show

Kubo forever gonna Kubo. I think I'm gonna take a pass on this one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Japanese are notorious for not knowing or not caring about things like that which is understandable since they don't really have that much exposure to the intricacies of these things. That said, it wasn't even that long ago that the Scout Snipers from the US Marine Corps made attempts to stop using that stylized SS yet it is still in use today.

Yeah, Kubo dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Japanese are notorious for not knowing or not caring about things like that which is understandable since they don't really have that much exposure to the intricacies of these things. That said, it wasn't even that long ago that the Scout Snipers from the US Marine Corps made attempts to stop using that stylized SS yet it is still in use today.
    That's cool. I prefer my nazi imagery to be a bit less overt (read: non-existent) though.

BG Level

I mean the sign for Bankai was a swastika and Sternritters could steal them so

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have more empathy for the swastika in asian media considering they've used it for centuries before the Nazis shit it up. The irony of Sternritters stealing it is either some big brain jab by Kubo or just "oh yea haha, I totally planned it...."

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

He could be given the benefit of the doubt in this scenario, as it was a religious symbol in Buddhism and Hinduism long before it became associated with the Nazi party. The double bolts carry no such religious significance.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I have more empathy for the swastika in asian media considering they've used it for centuries before the Nazis shit it up. The irony of Sternritters stealing it is either some big brain jab by Kubo or just "oh yea haha, I totally planned it...."
    That’s what’s hilarious about Kubo. Dude seems to stumble a few times here and there into cool little plot details.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Plus the dude will probably get killed in some fucked way anyways.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

We have to remember this is a country that put out Full Metal Alchemist, arguably one of the greatest manga works of all time, and Amestris is clearly a pastiche of Nazi Germany.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

Are we talking about Ichigo's bankai sword guard? Isn't that the reversed one as compared to the spiral direction for the Nazi swastika?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Are we talking about Ichigo's bankai sword guard? Isn't that the reversed one as compared to the spiral direction for the Nazi swastika?
    It is, it was a joke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag