+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

I have never given a single drizzly shit about Boruto, but I will consume an entire series of Seireitei Street if it means
    Spoiler: show
    finally being able to see Murder Witch Unohana

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Well shit.

Yo someone over on Reddit pointed this out and now I'm kicking myself for not making the connection -
    Ichigo and the VCs just sent Ukitake to hell. They essentially just performed the ritual themselves by killing the reiatsu-less hollows. That's why there was the close-up of Ichigo's badge - because it has Ukitake's reiatsu in it (Man, that's a deep cut.), it played the role his grave should have.

I realize in hindsight that this should have been obvious, but that's what I get for trying to make sense of Bleach first thing in the morning.

Let's be real, though. If there's any reason at all to be excited, it's more this.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Let's be real, though. If there's any reason at all to be excited, it's more this.
    I don't care what anyone says, this is still one of the dopest moments I've seen in an anime.

Nobody has drip like Ichigo.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What I wanna know more about too is

What's up with Ichigo using base Zangetsu again? I get that it came out at the end of his fight with Yhwach. Was it broken? Can he not dual wield anymore? What's the deal here?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Something something Death and Strawberry.

They also made it sound like Aizen was dead as well? Which I guess could also be interpreted as his reiatsu being sealed in Muken no longer having an influence on Soul Society.

Which is equally interesting to be honest.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, this is still one of the dopest moments I've seen in an anime.

Nobody has drip like Ichigo.
    That was such a killer level-up reveal, but the ultimate reveal was when Aizen stopped Ichigo's music

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    That was such a killer level-up reveal, but the ultimate reveal was when Aizen stopped Ichigo's music

Yeah this is easily the biggest swag move in the entire series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post

The exact moment I thought of when I posted that earlier vid. I am still not over this shit. Motherfucker stopped the hero's triumphant score with a goddamn finger. Might as well have just clubbed Ichigo to death with his massive dick-and-balls.

Side note: imagine your entire afterlife is spent being an actual punching bag... Fucking Momo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    What I wanna know more about too is

What's up with Ichigo using base Zangetsu again? I get that it came out at the end of his fight with Yhwach. Was it broken? Can he not dual wield anymore? What's the deal here?
    Could (hopefully) be a true sealed state. I'd be bummed if he lost the dual.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Idk how I feel.

Because I remember how I feel about 85% of bleach especially towards the end.

Did they ever animate any of that shit with ywatch and soul king? The fuck was any of that even.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

No, they're working on that now, and are going to flesh out the story over what happened in the manga, the way Kubo intended it to be, without the dumb restrictions to end the series that was put on him.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Wasn't it only near the very end, like the last five chapters or so, that got cut down?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kubo as a writer needs a lot of supervision and time. Maybe five years was enough.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Wasn't it only near the very end, like the last five chapters or so, that got cut down?
    The way I remember it being told was originally Jump told him they were going to end it, so he started hurrying the plot along, and then they straight up told him he had like 5 chapters to finish it. Whether or not that's true I never cared enough to dig into.

Yeah, I feel like there's a bit of a he said/they said going around with the end. I don't think it's unreasonable to say the manga industry did him dirty, but Kubo has his moments of being Nomura-tier full of himself.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He was interviewed recently and said that he was actually physically fucked up. He had torn up ligaments in his sketching shoulder and couldn't put out anything in time for editors. So they told him to end the manga immediately. He doesn't have a "I can go on hiatus forever lol" clause like Togashi does.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, I feel like there's a bit of a he said/they said going around with the end. I don't think it's unreasonable to say the manga industry did him dirty, but Kubo has his moments of being Nomura-tier full of himself.
    90% of his moments are going Nomura. He's the fucking Peter Molyneaux of the manga industry. All engines firing at the start of a fucking arc, but flaming, crashing and burning halfway through as every contrived fucking plot device trips over itself.

Whatever happened to all 100 Hado and Bakudo spells? Of the Kido Corps? Of the Vizard? Just dump them all when you get tired of writing about them in the arc.

Absolutely annoying to read and get invested in anyone because half the time they're just abandoned so that Aizen can get his fucking "I seent it all comin'!" due.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It was more the plot retcons, like Yami the Zeroth, Vizard resurrecion, and the contrived wastes of time like the royal squad and dual Zangetsus that really did it in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag