FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

And the art was actually the only good part most of the time.

Live-action movie trailer floating around now.

Annoyed it seems like they're pretty much doing what I was dreading they would in rushing through content. Trailer depicts Ichigo getting his power, fighting some random spider-hollow, Grand Fisher, implications of the duel with Ishida, and then a fight with Byakuya and Renji. I don't think I actually saw any reference to Orihime or Chad, unless they're so blandly japanese they just blended into the footage, which potentially means content involving them may not be included at all.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Live-action movie trailer floating around now.

Annoyed it seems like they're pretty much doing what I was dreading they would in rushing through content. Trailer depicts Ichigo getting his power, fighting some random spider-hollow, Grand Fisher, implications of the duel with Ishida, and then a fight with Byakuya and Renji. I don't think I actually saw any reference to Orihime or Chad, unless they're so blandly japanese they just blended into the footage, which potentially means content involving them may not be included at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Chad and Orihime are shown towards the end of the first video IC posted.

God that looks bad D:

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Clearly taking some huge liberties with the first Arc Pre-rescue, but I mean, it doesn't look awful to me. Just more, "But why".

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Burn the witch raws are out You didn't really think it was over, did you?

https://marumaru.in/b/mangaup/311741

It interacts weirdly with my chrome so I opened up firefox. I think it's probably some weird japanese version of adblockblocker.
    Part 1:
    http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/NCUAOCt19aA
    Part 2:
    http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/1XdKkyRVXgU

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

can't get it to work, but that pic of Kuno made me lose my shit lol

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

While "How did the rest of the world handle spirits/hollows?" was one of my bigger gripes with Bleach, this honestly feels too detached to be related.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It makes more sense when you remember that the way it works in Japan is unnatural and the shinigami forced everything to separate into 4 different worlds. It feels detached because Bleach was set in a distorted mockery of reality.

I do not remember that because I don't recall any real mention of it ever.

More specifically, it is explained pretty early on with the fate of the Quincies that the shinigami more or less cleanse hollows so they can go to SS, while the Qs literally eliminated them from the cycle, thus risking eventual imbalance of the worlds. And while Hueco Mundo isn't mentioned in this summary, it's fairly easily inferred when Orihime's brother gets converted and there's more or less the "dimension" the hollows and the Menos come out of in response to Uuryu's bait.

In time, we're more or less told that Karakura is a spirit dense area as per creation of the King's Key, but we're never really given an implicit reason why that is so.

Jumping over to this new stuff, the dragons seem to share no real similarity to Hollows aside from maybe feeding off negative emotion, nor do dragons seem to come implicitly from lingering spirits. Can we assume witches and wizards are just British shinigami with the sabers being more like ranked squad members? Perhaps, but Bleach also never really inferred the existence of natural spirit creatures, either. People surviving hollow attacks didn't turn them into were-hollows, at best leading to the creation of fullbringers when/if they reproduce. To me, there are just still way too many dots to connect to make the presumption it's the same universe. And if all this shit was done offscreen in web novels or whatever, then bad form, Kubo. Bad form.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Kubo is a lot of things, but a storyteller is not one of them. If he says Burn the Witch is connected to Bleach, it will be so.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Arus, I think you might need to reread the ending arc in the manga. I said nothing that technically wasn't in the final arc of the manga. Ywach was trying to remove the spirit king that was used to force the misc realms to be seperated and the shinigami system of moving souls around is to maintain that unnatural status quo.
    I actually need to go and find the books since i completely forgot to get them so that I can read them.
    Even if you don't buy a shared universe idea that leaves BTW as an alt universe showing what things would be like if East soul society didn't make a spirit king.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Kubo just trying to cash in on that cinematic universe.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Incidentally Kubo looks way less Kuboish now

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Arus, I think you might need to reread the ending arc in the manga. I said nothing that technically wasn't in the final arc of the manga. Ywach was trying to remove the spirit king that was used to force the misc realms to be seperated and the shinigami system of moving souls around is to maintain that unnatural status quo.
    I actually need to go and find the books since i completely forgot to get them so that I can read them.
    Even if you don't buy a shared universe idea that leaves BTW as an alt universe showing what things would be like if East soul society didn't make a spirit king.
    I never got the impression Ywach was trying to "right the world" as you're implying. Rather, he was seeking revenge for his imprisonment and inevitably wanting to rule in his own way to both prevent that happening again and the ultimate FU to the shinigami at large. Otherwise, whatever role the Spirit King played was never really elaborated on in part because he's literally in stasis the whole time we'd seen him. As such, it's very much possible Ywach was lying to either justify his cause or dishearten Ichigo and his resistance.

Now, we do know Aizen wasn't keen on the SK as per Urahara eventually binding him. It's also possible Urahara also knew the score of the game. Yet, Aizen didn't want to work with Ywach and eventually fought against him. Was this a matter of Aizen wanting to be the one to call the shots himself, or maybe he knew Ywach wasn't trying to right the world after all. Unfortunately, I feel we got a lot of much needed lore cut off with the rushed ending or early focus on pointless fights against the alphabet soup.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The fact that shinigami are also called soul balancers was explained. The fact that the soul king is the lynchpin was explained. The fact that none of this was natural was explained. Merely removing the soul king would "right the world" whether or not you think there was any sort of benevolence involved. It was explained to you. You just ignored it for whatever reason and apparently continue to.

To reiterate, my point of contention is that Soul Society and the related cycle was indicative of the rest of the world despite the obvious cultural bias. Rereading from the tail of end of the Ichibei fight (~ch600), Ywach killing the SK, and everything up until the end, there was never any distinction that this was "just Japan" at stake and the continued assertion Ywach seeing his plan through would destroy SS, HM, and the living world. Shinigami balancing the flow of souls was something I never contested, and if left unchecked, the Quincy struck down at the very beginning of the series may have done what Ywach was striving to do on his own by accident.

So, I'm just going to simply ask for the proof that Japan is apparently the exception to the rest of the world in terms of the supernatural. I was more than willing to accept the possibility that time had dulled my memory, but so far my stance merely seems affirmed that any connectivity between Bleach and BTW is flimsy with what's been presented so far. In fact, I'd even go so far as to point out a plot hole to Bleach's ending in that nothing was mentioned to replace the SK in terms of maintaining stability of the worlds. Otherwise, reconstruction of Soul Society is mentioned before Rukia's promotion with everything else seeming as usual when Ywach's spirit remnant appeared 10 years later.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Shared. Universe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag