+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Hey I don't have to use Google to prove I'm racist.
    L O L

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

idk what people expected her or Korg to do in the movie though? Already jam-packed movie that was done production before Ragnarok came out doesn't include 2 characters they weren't sure would be popular who wouldn't have affected the storyline anyway. Go figure.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

But Heimdall man...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    idk what people expected her or Korg to do in the movie though?
    Not die.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Not die.
    Expectations met, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Thats, like, an unwritten rule in anything. If they die offscreen. They are 100% not dead.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The movie made a point to show Heimdall and Loki die, i dont see why they wouldnt have killed Korg and Valkyrie on screen if they wanted them dead.

Especially when the first couple minutes establishes tone so well.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Honestly Peter is to blame for everything. He screwed literally everything up.

I blame Nebula. Bad time to bring Gamora up when they're trying to remove the Gauntlet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's all Hawkeye's fault. He retires and half the universe ends up dying.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

God this movie was incredible.

Also did not get my "who is going to die" guesses correct at all. Jesus, this movie started hard from the first 2 minutes and stayed hard for the entire time. Easily my new favorite Marvel movie.

Couple gripes:

1. Vision. What the fuck. He was like god powered in previous ones. He got his ass handed to him in this one, in every encounter. Also, what was the point of the whole "everyone fight outside the city to buy vision some surgery time" if they didn't even get the stone out? It looked like she was done / 99% done by the end, but Thanos still had to rip it out in a way that ripped out Vision's forehead...

2. Peter hitting Thanos. Ok, you're mad, we get it. But even in your grief in rage, you wouldn't sabotage your one attempt to kill Thanos. "I'm so mad I'm going to do stupid shit to let you live."

Few WOWs:

1. God damn, Iron Man's new tech and the iron spider were fucking crazy. Did IM get some of this tech from Wakanda? It's lightyears ahead of the previous suits.
    2. Thor just continues to be a badass.
    3. Thanos bitching out the hulk.
    4. Dr. Strange just owning shit.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Now that I have had a couple days to think and calm down I want to make a normal post after my initial outburst which was just excited sarcasm lol. I still have a bone to pick with the Russo brothers for making a movie that almost melted my brain. : P

It was an incredible experience. One of the best I've ever had at the movies. It was maybe the best superhero movie ever and probably the best Marvel movie ever. I say, "probably" because it's not over yet. I think of this and the sequel as part of a whole so we will see. I would love to go see it again but the theater where I live most likely wouldn't be full again next weekend like it was and it just would not be the same. I like that group experience. I was worried about some of the changes to the story and characters but you could make an argument that it was better than the original comic because it is old enough that it still has some of those silly old comic tropes from the sixies or whatever.

Some thoughts:

-The fight on Titan and that whole sequence where Thanos explains his reasons was easily the best part of the movie. Or was it?! Gah! There were so many good ones!

-The interplay between Thor and Rocket worked surprisingly well. "Thank you sweet Rabbit." LOL! They could make a movie with just Thor and Rocket where they just hang out, make quips the whole time, go from planet to planet, maybe save somebody.. Call it: "The Adventures of Mighty Thor and Sweet Rabbit." and I would be all over that shit heh.

-The Black Order were really good as supporting villains.

-The Guardians got one of their trademark music moments in. "You've never heard a sound. Like the rubberband maaaan!"

-The battle in Wakanda was head spinning with all the stuff going on. Needs a rewatch.

-Can't say enough good things about Josh Brolin's performance as Thanos.

-The switching between groups wasn't jarring at all and was very well paced.

I do have some minor complaints and nitpicks but I will save that for later cause I want this post to be positive stuff.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Saddest death was Ebony Maw

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    idk what people expected her or Korg to do in the movie though? Already jam-packed movie that was done production before Ragnarok came out doesn't include 2 characters they weren't sure would be popular who wouldn't have affected the storyline anyway. Go figure.
    I can see Thor telling them to take the remaining Asgardians to safety. He sounded pretty certain when he said Thanos killed half his people, even after knowing the ship he was on exploded. Again, deleted scenes that we'll hopefully get to see.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    1. Vision. What the fuck. He was like god powered in previous ones. He got his ass handed to him in this one, in every encounter. Also, what was the point of the whole "everyone fight outside the city to buy vision some surgery time" if they didn't even get the stone out? It looked like she was done / 99% done by the end, but Thanos still had to rip it out in a way that ripped out Vision's forehead...
    They established early on that whatever he got stabbed with stayed lodged inside him and was fucking with his powers. And plans don't always have to work out. They sent in that sneaky assassin guy to fuck it up.

BG Level

My thoughts on the movie:

Thanos. Just. Holy crap. Let me get the nitpick out of the way - just cut his god damn hand off. Everyone was trying to stab him in the chest or neck or anything when they could have just taken the damn arm off. Problem solved. Dr. Strange/Wong did it to the Hulk-Wannabe. Jesus.

That being said:

Jesus the movie was just amazing. My wife and I both said as such, but it was depressing as hell throughout the whole thing. Like, Hulk and Thor are both hyper-powered beings and they couldn't even touch Thanos? He tanked a damn neutron star's radiation but lost to that? Watching Loki and Heimdall bite it was hard to do. What the heck is it with all these people thinking that they could just stab Thanos and win? BLAH!

Everything on Earth was awesome. I feel like Dr. Strange was probably the most nerfed person, despite being able to take on Thanos on even ground, but I liked that he wasn't beaten - he resigned himself to fate. Spidey and Gamora were the saddest moments for me. The fact that the OG Avengers group ("old" Marvel) are the surviving players and every single new person introduced since Age of Ultron was blinked out of existence makes it obvious where they go next. I'm hoping Shuri fixes Vision, because I'm sure if she was a vanishing act they would have shown it (Okoye and M'Baku were both okay). Ant Man and Hawkeye being absent is the only real gripe I have with the movie. A group of aliens roughs up New York and Scott doesn't say "screw it I have to help save the world"?

My expectations were shattered.

What I liked:

1) Every movie had its main supporting cast present - Tony had Pepper, Steve had SHIELD/Natasha/Friends, T'Challa had Okoye/Shuri, Guardians had each other (plus Collector), Thor had Loki and Heimdall for like two seconds, Spidey had Ned (who stole that scene btw), Rhodes had General Ross, and so much previous movie references were had.

2) Every movie's character stayed true to its series - from Steve's awkwardness and resolve to the Guardians listening to music it was just great to see.

3) Every moment was unpredictable (other than what you see in the trailer). There was never a moment where I knew what was going to happen next. The suspense was great.

4) Every character's motive was understood.

5) The movie stands on its own and doesn't require you to have watched previous movies to fully understand what's going on.

6) Johann-fucking-Schmidt.

What I didn't like:

1) No Hulk after the first fight (come on, he's scared of Thanos after getting beat down by Thor and a giant undead wolf?).

2) Bad explanation for Ant Man not being around.

3) Many trailer scenes weren't even there, which means misdirection afoot instead of fulfilled hype for them.

4) Huge missed opportunity not showing Carol Danvers answering the call. A lot of people saw that scene and were like "huh?".

That's it. I mean, I'm mostly sour about the Peter Quill's an idiot that should know better trope, but everything was perfect.

DC will never, never, never be able to catch up.

Ever.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanos has been spoiling the ending since the very first trailer dropped months ago.

"In time, you will understand what it is like to lose. To feel so desperately that you are right, but fail just the same."

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    My thoughts on the movie:

Thanos. Just. Holy crap. Let me get the nitpick out of the way - just cut his god damn hand off. Everyone was trying to stab him in the chest or neck or anything when they could have just taken the damn arm off. Problem solved. Dr. Strange/Wong did it to the Hulk-Wannabe. Jesus.
    If you do damage to him, he breaks out of the trance. Far less risky to yank it off.

Blame Starlord for being an emotional cripple.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    If you do damage to him, he breaks out of the trance. Far less risky to yank it off.

Blame Starlord for being an emotional cripple.
    Dude I do, I think he let his D for Gamora cripple him horribly considering how much they built up everything in the first two movies.

It was totally in character for Peter, considering he lost his mom, dad, daddy, all in the span of a few years, and then finds out the girl he'd been chasing died.

I think my biggest issue was Mantis having trouble with Thanos. She was able to keep a Celestial asleep but had trouble with a rando?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, a rando with 4/6 Infinity Stones in his possession.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Who made short work of the Hulk with only 1 and didn't even seem to use that.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yes, he's not some rando.