+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just got back. Good movie however my main issue though is that because of the nature of how OP the infinity gauntlet is, things can be undone just as easily. It somewhat feels like comic book where you know the deaths aren’t permanent so there is less of an emotional response. We are simply watching that 1 out of the 14,800,000 possibilities that Strange saw that will lead to a resolution.

I think the Coda could’ve been handled better too by introducing Ms Marcel instead of Fury calling for her cause there was a 50/50 chance her ass could’ve dissolved into dust too.

Also did anyone else find it funny that Dinklage was playing a giant??

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    It somewhat feels like comic book where you know the deaths aren’t permanent so there is less of an emotional response. We are simply watching that 1 out of the 14,800,000 possibilities that Strange saw that will lead to a resolution.
    Exactly, while I hated seeing Loki and Heimdall, Gamora go, yet loved Vision dying twice (I don't give 2 shits about him so glad he had to go through it twice) it was bound to happen that some characters I liked were going to be on the dead list (which I find alot better than at Civil War where they pussied out on killing anybody of significance), but all the people going to dust at the end, you already know that those deaths are going to get backpedalled.

For extra fun I do hope this was all part of Dr. Strange masterplan and Thanos will return pissed when he finds out he got played. Also this movie made me wish for another Dr. Strange movie.

Before what I typed above is percieved as me being negative about the movie: I loved it. Josh Brolin killed it as Thanos and was cool to see a movie won by the "bad guy". Iron Man vs Thanos was great as was Thor's entrance at Wakanda, jokes were on point and not too much like in Ragnarok (trying too hard to be GotG level imo). And as pointed out the team ups were great.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Really interested to see what was done to the mind stone. It seemed WAKANDA FOREVERs sister finished the work she wanted to do, but vision was still attached to the stone. Really wondering if she modified the stone somehow to keep vision alive in some form. Also yeah, pretty sure the 1 timeline where they stop thanos is the timeline where he gives Thanos the time stone. Like I said, they killed everyone except the OG Avengers just to kill them all or write them out in order to bring everyone else back to life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know they said these movies would have stakes and that deaths wouldn't be token comic-style reversible, but I find it really hard to believe that right now. The fact that it's the characters most likely to be retired that are alive and a bunch of the new ones that are dead makes me think there's a trick in part 2 where the heroic sacrifices of some of the remaining heroes restore the deceased 50% including the essential Phase 4+ heroes.

Strange said there's only one way they win. I have to imagine all actions he took are in line with that one way

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    For extra fun I do hope this was all part of Dr. Strange masterplan and Thanos will return pissed when he finds out he got played. Also this movie made me wish for another Dr. Strange movie.
    Pretty sure it was, Strange said there was only 1 way to win and when he hands over the time stone (which otherwise why would you do?) he says this is the only way. So I'm pretty sure the dust to dust portion of the film had been foreseen and is part of the plan.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I found it rather unfortunate that I felt that Strange nerfed himself or something. I don’t know if it was just me, but he only used the time stone once. That one time was to look into the odds, he must have reason, but i think their 1 in 1.4mil chance of winning also has to do with Thanos succeeding. Another thing, most logically i can see Groot coming back, his arm is Thor’s new handle, and we haven’t seen the axe after Groot disappeared. He can just regrow.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Movie was bossmode levels. I can see myself putting this one up there at Empire Strikes Back levels of awesome, personally.

Spiderman's "death" had everyone rolling. Was pretty amazing to be a part of, even as an avid comic book reader.

The stakes felt real as fuck with Heimdall/Loki/Gamora's death. Actually the irony in Gamora's death is that the huge majority of the people in the theater was just as sure as Gamora was at her NOT dying... right up until Thanos tossed her right off the ledge.

I'll have to find it hard to believe any avid Marvel moviegoer not liking this one, unless they are also some sort of super comic book snob and desensitized to death. If you allowed yourself to like this one, you'll be highly pleased.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

14.8m fam.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thought about everything again this morning and I agree with Starlord being the weakest part of the movie for me. Too much bullshit, no substances and he just wasn't very funny either. Rocket was far better.

I'm gonna see it again tonight I think.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Starlord pissed me off, just for the fact that he lost his shit (while i can’t blame him) when he found out Gamora died, and cucked Tony and Peter from snatching the gauntlet.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Starlord rocked when he was jealous of Thor, and gamora all over him lmao. Then he made his voice deeper rofl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    My entire theater popped when red skull appeared.
    Fuck all y'all, lmao. Almost no one in my theater even reacted when he appeared in mine. Everyone was like "??" While two kids next to me and I we're rolling.

Then again, just about no one knew about the Captain Marvel reveal either. Maybe they were still shook over the ending.

BTW RIP MY NIGGA EBONY MAW

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lmao i thought Ebony Maw was going to pull a Leia because Disney.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Lmao i thought Ebony Maw was going to pull a Leia because Disney.
    Same lmao

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Pretty sure it was, Strange said there was only 1 way to win and when he hands over the time stone (which otherwise why would you do?) he says this is the only way. So I'm pretty sure the dust to dust portion of the film had been foreseen and is part of the plan.
    Yeah, I am also pretty sure, but will wait and see what happens in the movie next year. Hyping up Marvel movies has never worked out for me in the past, so not trying to at this point anymore.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ebony Maw was insanely OP. Dr. Strange did feel nerfed (Strange has to be the most powerful Avenger... the guy is just way too strong and the fact that he can make any other character better through portals and stuff is what makes him even better), his battle with Maw was one of my favorites, it really exploited his weakness of having to move his hands to do anything and Maw restricted that immediately which was cool to see clear strategy between characters in battle... not just oh awesome stuff happening here and there and look how wild this is.

Also Hulk doesn't want to come out because he got his ass handed to him, he's scared now. Although I was expected hulk to jump out of the hulkbuster suit at some point.

Usually the day after I start nit picking things about movies and really come down off the high of the excitement but with this I am not. I'm struggling to find things that I didn't like about this... Hulks fight at the end? Where he just attached the rocket arm and it tore him to shreds in the forcefield was meh I guess but even that was cool... So good man. So happy with it.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hulk is the strongest force in the universe and will save the day.

Quote me on it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think my favorite one liner from the film was Rocket's "Oh, I'm gonna get that arm."

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll do you one better, WHY Gamora?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh