+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Iirc that's generally how the Soul Gem has worked in the comics as well, and they've gotten people out of it before.

Yeah, I took the scene with young Gamora towards the end where she asks him if he succeeded to mean that her soul is still "alive" in the gem.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Damn Zoe gonna stay busy as hell I guess!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    My takeaway is that everyone who died before the snap is dead, everyone who 'died' afterwards will be back by the end of the story.
    That's what I was getting at with the deceased 50% -- everyone that died as part of the 50% edict is back (T'Challa, the Guardians, Spidey, etc.) but not those killed through non-Gauntlet (Loki, Heimdall, Gamora, Vision) stay dead

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Holy shhhiiiiiiiiiii

I'm in shock really. What a range of emotions.

Perfection.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Farewell and good luck, morons

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Agree with most of the comments here, movie was excellent. Yeah, it’s really about the speculation of who out of the survivors will die in Avengers 4. Pretty much everyone else is coming back.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We live in an age and we live on a forum that has already spoiled whose returning since some of them already have greenlit second movies coming out. RIP to all tier 1 Avengers save Hulk and Hawkeye then

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    We live in an age and we live on a forum that has already spoiled whose returning since some of them already have greenlit second movies coming out. RIP to all tier 1 Avengers save Hulk and Hawkeye then

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Not sure how much I would trust that, Marvel has made a pretty significant effort to mislead the general public and keep their spoilers suppressed; such as including clips in the trailer that weren’t in the actual movie, and that plea about ‘Thanos demanding your silence.’

Supposedly, the next Guardians movie is also to focus more on Gamora but she seems pretty damn dead.

I’m willing to bet it’s not beyond them to announce movies and production schedules just for the purpose of confusing the public. Marvel knows what they’re doing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Not sure how much I would trust that, Marvel has made a pretty significant effort to mislead the general public and keep their spoilers suppressed; such as including clips in the trailer that weren’t in the actual movie, and that plea about ‘Thanos demanding your silence.’

Supposedly, the next Guardians movie is also to focus more on Gamora but she seems pretty damn dead.

I’m willing to bet it’s not beyond them to announce movies and production schedules just for the purpose of confusing the public. Marvel knows what they’re doing.
    Michael Rooker was sent to the Infinity War set a few different times by James Gunn on days they knew they would have media there, so that photos of him on set would get leaked and people would be more surprised when Yondu died in GOTG2.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Michael Rooker was sent to the Infinity War set a few different times by James Gunn on days they knew they would have media there, so that photos of him on set would get leaked and people would be more surprised when Yondu died in GOTG2.
    That’s exactly the shit I’m talking about lol, didn’t even know about that one.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gunn has said he intends GotG 3 to be the last with this set. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is about rescuing her from the Soul Stone, and that it involves Peter sacrificing himself for her and that they part ways after on that.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Just saw it. Best marvel movie ever, Thanos killed it etc etc

One gripe I did have-- was anyone else a but taken out of it when Peter Dinklage showed up? It was extremely hard for me not to see a giant Tyrion everytime he was on screen :/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It got glossed over but I hope Valkyrie and Korg weren't killed offscreen before we joined Thanos & friends aboard the Asgard refugee ship.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    Just saw it. Best marvel movie ever, Thanos killed it etc etc

One gripe I did have-- was anyone else a but taken out of it when Peter Dinklage showed up? It was extremely hard for me not to see a giant Tyrion everytime he was on screen :/
    Didn't bother me as I'm sure that was the point.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It got glossed over but I hope Valkyrie and Korg weren't killed offscreen before we joined Thanos & friends aboard the Asgard refugee ship.
    My only real complaint. Excellent fucking movie. But they off screened the two best characters from Ragnarok. Fuck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think saw someone on the ground that kinda looked like Valkyrie but I'm not sure

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I didn't pay close enough attention to say for sure, but I thought I saw a young black girl sat upright and dead on the ship facing the camera that was intended to be Valkyrie

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Thor does say at one point that -half- the Asgardians were killed, so I imagine some of them had escape pods or some such.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Killmonger Thanos was right
    Don't forget if they'd listened to Kaecilius there wouldn't have been any time for Thanos to even accomplish his plan!

Also the line they'd said before "characters will die and they are NOT coming back" doesn't mean all of them. And aside from that to upcoming movies could end up being prequels, though they can't get away with that too often with this setup.

The only big movies fucked by this are Spiderman, GotG and Black Panther. Black Panther's a mantle that can be passed down, Parker staying dead could leave room for Miles, so we're left with 1 movie that they've already announced is the last for that group, so who knows? Maybe they all stay dead except Strange, who of course they can mystical mumbo-jumbo something that he was able to protect himself from it being permanent while only being able to save himself, and next Avengers opens with him reappearing where they left off, maybe even while Tony's still there. Whatever the case it really does all hinge on Strange watching 14 million outcomes and it being the only way. Even Star Lord's fuckup could've been part of that plan.

And the best line was clearly "Oooh, I would've washed that. Only way I could sneak it out was in my..."

Oh, and that "dwarf" role was the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast