+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Taking this shit to the spoiler thread as requested. I really want to say something far better in this thread but I'm still not rational right now so I am just going to repost from the main thread. I will say this though. Saw it in regular IMAX. My seat was about halfway up the theater almost right in the middle of my row. It was glorious. Thank you to the one theater near me for finally doing reserved seating!

I'm still stunned so I can't critique the movie right now so I am just going to let out my raw emotions.

To the director and producers:

Spoiler: show
    FUCK YOU!! To many feels for God's sake! You said hero's would die and there not coming back. That better have been a big
    fat lie!!
    you assholes!

<takes a deep breath>

Let me be clear I'm not saying I didn't like it, in fact I think I it might be the best Marvel movie ever made. But the feels man!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Also the line they'd said before "characters will die and they are NOT coming back" doesn't mean all of them.
    That was specifically responding to your post in the other thread. Who do you want back? The characters gone poof at the end? Even though I could see a story as I described where only Strange comes back and that pretty much leaves their movies unfucked with GotG3 ending up as happening before this, the likelihood is that we'll see all those deaths reversed, and just the more "natural" ones being permanent. Maybe minus Gamora. Even bringing back Gamora they've still held to their word that (some) characters aren't coming back.

Also just realized them saying "GotG will be more about Gamora than Peter" doesn't mean she'll be back; the movie could be about the effect her death has on them.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

GotG 3 will have Adam Warlock, and if there's any resemblance to the comic books at all then the Soul Gem and presumably Gamora will play big part there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Holy fuck this was amazing. All I wanted and more. So damn good. Couple things that made me nerdgasm:

Team Strange fight with Thanos was probably the single best superhero fight sequence in any movie ever. Holy shit. Banter between Thor and Rocket was hilarious, same goes for Thor and Quill. Thor keeping the lense open and taking on the force of a neutron star...hgngngng. But my favorite was Thor driving Stormbreaker up to the handle into Thanos' chest. Raging nerdboner. Thor is a fucking beast.

Can't wait for part 2 man fuck. Somebody put me into hybernation until it comes out in what? 2022?

Edit: Am I the only one feeling kinda bad for DC now aswell? Like...no matter what they´ll do, none of their films will come even close to this. They allready fucked their CU up way too much sadly.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Can't wait for part 2 man fuck. Somebody put me into hybernation until it comes out in what? 2022?
    May 3, 2019

Also, there's a slight comparison to Transformers the Movie here (1986 one). You have this ongoing series where nobody dies despite a huge amount of blasting things around, and then opening scene of this...I half expected Thanos to say "Such heroic nonsense" in response to Loki's attempt to kill him.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    GotG 3 will have Adam Warlock, and if there's any resemblance to the comic books at all then the Soul Gem and presumably Gamora will play big part there.
    While it could be a misdirection, I think Gunn mentioned that he wasn't planning on using Adam in Vol 3.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Thor does say at one point that -half- the Asgardians were killed, so I imagine some of them had escape pods or some such.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    So there was the "I kill half of everything wherever I go" part, but didn't he blow their ship up at the end of that sequence? I think it is one of the (few) continuing strikes against the MCU -- that the resolutions in one movie do not hold up in the next movie/event (Stark blowing up his suits in IM3 being the biggest glaring example).

E. Body
    BG Level

Loved the movie, felt like I was 11 y/o reading comics again.

One major gripe with the movie though
    Nick Fury should've started to say "Mother fuc...." before he turned to mist!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The madmen they actually did it. Never thought they'd actually do half the universe dying shit in the movies. Props to them.

Can it be May 2019 yet?!?!

So many amazing moments I can't even bring myself to talk about them atm. Going to see it again Sunday!!

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Loved the movie, felt like I was 11 y/o reading comics again.

One major gripe with the movie though
    Nick Fury should've started to say "Mother fuc...." before he turned to mist!
    He did though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    The only big movies fucked by this are Spiderman, GotG and Black Panther. Black Panther's a mantle that can be passed down, Parker staying dead could leave room for Miles, so we're left with 1 movie that they've already announced is the last for that group, so who knows? Maybe they all stay dead except Strange, who of course they can mystical mumbo-jumbo something that he was able to protect himself from it being permanent while only being able to save himself, and next Avengers opens with him reappearing where they left off, maybe even while Tony's still there. Whatever the case it really does all hinge on Strange watching 14 million outcomes and it being the only way. Even Star Lord's fuckup could've been part of that plan.
    There is an animated movie for Spiderman coming out which focuses on Miles's version of Spiderman and Peter is in that one too.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    So there was the "I kill half of everything wherever I go" part, but didn't he blow their ship up at the end of that sequence? I think it is one of the (few) continuing strikes against the MCU -- that the resolutions in one movie do not hold up in the next movie/event (Stark blowing up his suits in IM3 being the biggest glaring example).
    Thanos already showed he'll wipe you out if you get in his way though. Asgardians weren't going to take their 50% and be done with it lol. There was only 1 left afaik and that one still came after him lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Saw this last night. The mood was just like Passion of the Christ when the credits started rolling. Really, really felt like a comic book movie vs their usual realistic approach. 10/10.

I'm hoping to see the power stone retrieval, and Valkyrie, Korg and Meek in the deleted scenes. They deserve more than one movie appearance.

Shuri (assuming she survived) did finish what she was doing with Vision's stone it seems, so he'll be back in a nerfed form. Guess I'll go with this all being part of Dr Strange's plan. The stones are toast after being used so who knows. Gonna be a long year of speculation but I don't think those Avengers 4 set photos were red herrings. I feel like the next movie will be a send off for the original team because there's no way certain characters that died will stay dead.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

It's also been said to death here but Thanos was done so brilliantly. Twisted savior complex who only killed when necessary and let the guantlet pass the final judgement. He was definitely worth the wait and all the hype.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I loved the Thanos will return at the end.

This really was the Thanos movie with the Avengers as side characters.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also I guess now we know who Thor had both eyes in promo materials.

Were his eyes now 2 diff colors or was it a trick of the light?

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No they were 2 different colors.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fantastic movie. Nerded the fuck out when they snuck in a Berserk reference (the eclipse as Thanos sacrificed/killed Gamora for his desire/Soul gem).

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post

The stones are toast after being used so who knows.

Stones looked fine if I remember correctly. It was the gauntlet that looked like it got destroyed. Which still might basically mean the same thing as far as Thanos being able to use all the stones at the same time in such an efficient manner.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A photo of Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige giving final approval for the ending:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast