Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Stones looked fine if I remember correctly. It was the gauntlet that looked like it got destroyed. Which still might basically mean the same thing as far as Thanos being able to use all the stones at the same time in such an efficient manner.
    Makes more sense if they remain, honestly. Captain Marvel and OG Avengers retrieving the stones to undo the damage seems like the obvious course, but those set photos from the next movie keep coming to mind. Battle of New York again with some of the now deceased characters involved. Lots of time and space fuckery about to go down.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

pretty good job of tying together all the different groups. went by fast even though it was pretty long runtime. this could easily have been a summer blockbuster but i suppose april works too.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Legit question I am struggling to remember. Outside of the scene where Cap/Widow/Falcon rescue Vision and Scarlet Witch in Scotland, did Black Widow or Falcon have any lines in the movie? The only one I can remember from Widow was her telling Proxima Midnight that they didn't want to kill them.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Legit question I am struggling to remember. Outside of the scene where Cap/Widow/Falcon rescue Vision and Scarlet Witch in Scotland, did Black Widow or Falcon have any lines in the movie? The only one I can remember from Widow was her telling Proxima Midnight that they didn't want to kill them.
    They were in Wakanda for that fight. Only line I really remember was Widow telling Scarlet that she wasn't alone when she got told she was going to die alone. I'm sure Falcon had some lines, but neither really seemed to have anything memorable.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Falcon had the "this is awkward" line.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    They were in Wakanda for that fight. Only line I really remember was Widow telling Scarlet that she wasn't alone when she got told she was going to die alone. I'm sure Falcon had some lines, but neither really seemed to have anything memorable.
    Falcon said there was trouble coming when the thing was coming down to hit the barrier above wakanda, said something after warmachine asked him to hit the left flank of one of the machines that came out of the ground, and the "this is awkward" when bruce and nat were talking

I think Black Widow said something to General Ross, Saying Scarlet Witch wasn't alone, and at the very end after everyone disappeared she was asking what was going on i think.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Only line I remember from Captain America was “I am steve Rogers”

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Fucking movie was 10/10 for me. Went to see it in IMAX with the giant screen, just glorious. Lord Thanos was the star of the show to me. And that final scene where he comes for the mind stone. He brushed them off like nothing. Gonna go see this shit again tomorrow.

When the credits started rolling. The theater was sooooo quiet. Folks didn't know how to take it I guess. Maybe they weren't expecting Thanos to win.

And that post credit scene. Hubby and I were tripping about the "space beeper" and laughing because no one knew what the fuck was going on. Also, we're old now and know what a beeper is LOL.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since the localization team/translators didn't bother to translate Grimace's name, and in all fairness, I don't know what he's called here in Brazil either (google, etc.), I was the only person laughing inside a packed theater when Quill called Thanos Grimace... I never stopped laughing so quickly in my life; talk about awkward.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Since the localization team/translators didn't bother to translate Grimace's name, and in all fairness, I don't know what he's called here in Brazil either (google, etc.), I was the only person laughing inside a packed theater when Quill called Thanos Grimace... I never stopped laughing so quickly in my life; talk about awkward.
    Group of six and I was the only one who cracked up at that line. I'm like, c'mon guys that shit as gold.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    I'm in New York and was one of three people who laughed at it, so don't feel bad. And in regard to the after credits scene, some girl behind me goes "We waited for THAT?" and her boyfriend(?) just immediately tells her to shut the fuck up. lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'm in New York and was one of three people who laughed at it, so don't feel bad. And in regard to the after credits scene, some girl behind me goes "We waited for THAT?" and her boyfriend(?) just immediately tells her to shut the fuck up. lol
    My next salute is dedicated to that guy.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

God damn it, I need part 2... FUCKING NOW!

So, those of you that have played X-Com 2 with the expansion, anyone else feel like the aliens were from the game?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They never name them in the movie but the grunt foot soldiers are taken straight out of the Infinity comic, called Outriders.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

When I was watching the credits, there was a credit for "Arrested Development Character by Fox" right at the very end. I was like wtf but today I found out apparently Tobias Funke was in one of the collectors boxes all painted in blue after he "blue" himself.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

So, do we know who (or if anyone) ultimately kills thanos from the comics. I don't want spoilers, and the movies I suppose could deviate...still, I've been wondering who does it...this is my ranking...

1. Tony - sacrifices himself. No more Ironman movies. Dude spent a couple movies telling Parker he was too young to fight and only wanted him in absolutely critical situations...then watched him die in his arms after he and pepper talked about starting a family. Tony is going to be fucked up in Avengers 4, i suspect he goes HAM.

2. Nebula - it's her dad. He killed her sister.

3. Thor - OP BAMF.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm not sure which was more heartbreaking: Tony holding Peter as he dusted away, or the look on Cap's face when he realized they lost.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

definitely has a two towers vibe where everything has gone to shit and you don't see a way out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast