She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lol. I've had to deal with them with a "What's this horsecrap?" bad video card and RMAs before; Because of their customer service, they are my go to brand for video cards. I remember who treats me right, and anyone who treats me right gets my business again. This is the third (fourth, counting a RMA.) video card I've had from EVGA.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

EVGA is always a pleasure to work with. Only company I know of that doesn't void warranties for completely disassembling their card.

Anyway yeah there's not a lot left to do with it besides eliminate hardware. If it comes back post-RMA then we'd probably be looking at the slot it's in and the board itself.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hopefully it's not; This is the third video card this board has had (All Nvidia; and ironically, all EVGA cards), and it's NEVER done this to me before now. Worst the first one this board had (and that prompted a RMA) was some funkeh peeling errors in XI. (Might be able to find the pic in my Imgur in time since I saved all my photobucket pics there, but I don't think it matters.) It's been pretty reliable; I had to replace the memory since that was causing me trouble when I first had this built since I had some bad RAM, but that was all. (Had this build since 2013, after all, well other than the new vid card.)

I doubt then it's the mb because of that. ^^ But if it is starting to fail, I'm going to be quite pissed.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, had 'Neko replace that front fan and got the pc plugged up again; I also cleaned out the front, which had some horrible grime in it. (Thank goodness for electric duster + a microfiber duster for the sides of the case Neko took off.) I figure either way, since I did use DDU yet again, this time on safe mode, if it does it again, I'm going to RMA the card. I went searching about this and seems this is a issue with some cards, so /whew on the motherboard. It's prolly fine. I may of just gotten a lemon and didn't know it since up until now, it worked on DVI.

I know it was freaking out before on pure HDMI, so maybe I just got a lemon and then the DVI port started going on me :/ Just happened to be a coinkydink that it was on the latest drivers. Keep your fingers crossed guys, and I'll keep you guys updated. And yeah, if you want to give me ideas for diagnosing this live and not here, my discord's in my profile, and that's always up.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. So far no blackout; a friend of mine suggested I really stress the card and see if I get the blackout today. I'm going to use the XV bench (Not that I am EVER going to get the PC version of XV; I have the PS4 version and am happy with it, and the PC version doesn't have enough extra for me to bother. I don't think my processor could handle it anyway.)

Maybe it was the driver/Windows shenannagains after all. We'll see once I use the bench. I'll edit this with "blackout or no?" in a bits.

[Edit] Okay, I got 6320 (High) on Standard Quality, windowed mode. No blackout. Maybe we can write "case closed, *flips the bird at Windows 10*"? I hope so. Oh and yeah I wouldn't get the pc version of that game. I noticed a little lag on the bench, especially where they did the summon animation; I'd rather stick to my PS4, there. ^^ But yeah, this is a lesson to me; if this starts up again, I'm going to put Windows in safe mode and scrub the drivers out!