1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Exactly why I unsubbed, not missing out on anything. Can't overwhelm players with more than 30 minutes of content every 3 months.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yoshida thinking about them stay at home dads that are transitioning into stay at home moms

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So this must be their goal to prolong Stormblood: HoH in June, Eureka in July, Patch 4.4 in September/early October. Unfortunately this means everyone will be capped out on 365 weapons and 370 gear (equipment upgrade item from alliance raid drops) by the time the 365 gear from Eureka hits. They really need to fix Eureka timing. It should be an alternative to normal Omega, not 1+ month behind when everyone already has finished that content.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Can't do that, would be too logical to have players be able to gear up and play more than one job as their career job for all of an expansion cycle. Want to switch from BRD to WHM? Hope you got some drops no one wanted and that you didn't need 4.5k of your weekly tomes to make it optimized and work well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can functionally gear a job to i350 and participate in raiding though.

Its just going above that to an ultimate capable class that'll be iffy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This is a translated snippet of the job updates from the Game Watch article summarizing yesterday's live letter. Sounds like Malefic III may get an adjustment so it casts fast enough to allow weaving, which would fundamentally change the way AST feels in a lot of situations.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1121481.html

In this patch, some adjustments will be made to seven jobs: dark knight, monk, ninja, samurai, astrologian, black mage, and scholar. Ninja will not see any adjustments to strength, only to usability. For dark knights, the movement lock after executing Plunge will be shortened, and a total of eight items will be adjusted to improve convenience, strengthen its defenses, and elevate the job overall. There have been requests from the community about performing more fundamental revisions to the job, but that takes about a half a year to implement, so although these won't be the adjustments the community is waiting for, these are the best possible adjustments they can make at this time.

Monk and samurai will have added effects to suppress enmity gain and allow them to adjust their enmity. However there will be a tradeoff in firepower, so you'll need to be careful about where you use it. For samurai, five actions will be strengthened, purely an upward revision in their damage output.

Black mages will move more quickly as soon as Aetherial Manipulation or Between the Lines are used. This should prove satisfying to those who have been playing as black mages. Scholars will see some small usability improvements for their pets. Astrologians will have their attack magic adjusted with a lower cast time. The reason astrologians have had attack capability inferior to the other healer jobs is because of their ability to weave global cooldowns with card effects, so this will be balanced by making the cast time of the magical attack very fast. Additionally, the MP reduction effect of Lightspeed will be increased to 50% and Aspected Helios will be enhanced.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Half a year for adjustments, well good thing this is 3 months of that 6 month wait, DRK will get maybe fixed by 4.4 where it likely will need it the most.

inb4butdrkclearedultimatereeeee who cares, the job is a clunky mess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

AST may be the top mitigation healer after this. Lightspeed is a must use now considering you can DPS in it (apparently they're also removing the magic attack nerf) and with the casting time and Aspected Helios buffs this all seems pretty good. Or at the very least on par with SCH I'd say.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Scholars will see some small usability improvements for their pets.
    After four and a bit years of the same dumb pet AI that does its own thing half the time, I'll believe it when I see it. They also specify SCH and not Arcanist (re: SMN), so I bet it's only fixing Aetherpact not even going off at times and nothing else.

I want to be wrong though and that they make place and pet skills finally override whatever they're doing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What they do with DRK(an also how other DRKs feel about it) might just determine if I resub or not. Of course when everything is done with it. Having done everything I wanted in the game, DRK became the sole reason my sub was going. That is until it stopped being fun to play. So.. since October '17, being a bit of an outside observer, looking at the game still going no where, and DRK being ignored heh. The thing about that one DRK clearing ultimate, was Yoshida's initial excuse that things were fine - also I got tired of hearing about that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DRK playing like shit is probably the reason why neither of my static tanks even want to bother running it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Its not about the damage or mitigation, because all 3 tanks hit like trucks and TBN is still godlike; the feel of the job was gutted from 60 to 70 when they removed a ton of fun abilities, and it doesn't feel good mashing dark arts for every goddamn attack.

Plus it feels like absolute paper and shit when leveling until you hit max and get TBN, in which case most people are so disgusted with the journey that they stop just as they hit the power-spike.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I imagine in 5.0 they'll introduce those fun abilities again, and then in 6.0 take them away because "too many buttons, we're just going to stack things ontop of each other to make it easier." and then in 7.0 give them back again.. rinse and repeat.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably just going to see more traits that upgrade existing skills to help with bloat, and BLM changing their rotation yet again on the new level cap.

But yes, don't know what they were thinking with the DA-spamming on DRK this expansion. Have to make it not require thought for the casual player I suppose.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The game always needs more traits. Traits are some of the best ways to diversify and strengthen chara builds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

merit points you guys

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Fuck merits. Actual talents that you have to select. Lets get some goddamn depth in this game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I mean I enjoy it when I occasionally resub for a month, but if you expect more depth in this game than a kiddie pool, you'll remain disappointed forever.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Fuck merits. Actual talents that you have to select. Lets get some goddamn depth in this game.
    That is a risk, they took a risk once and it costed them, we can't have any more risks. We are on rails baby! What you see is what you get!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I mean I enjoy it when I occasionally resub for a month, but if you expect more depth in this game than a kiddie pool, you'll remain disappointed forever.
    This is where I am. The nostalgia factor alone sells it for me. There is nowhere else I can fight an absurdly powerful, end-game magic-spamming Kefka on a modern engine. No, dissidia doesn't count, because that's a 1v1 game with balanced powers, not a strong team of warriors literally fighting the God of Magic.

I can still enjoy the game for what it is, but fuck if I don't want an endless stream of more talents and traits. Even simple traits like reducing the cooldown of infuriate for every cleave/IB goes a long way to making the class feel more powerful. XIV has quite a few things over WoW and some of the others out there, but WoW has the concept of talents and traits on lock, no matter how much bitching goes on back and forth about the actual balance of said traits.

More passives, SE. MOAR!