1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they change it back it'll be when they add in Ultimate Ultima 2 weeks into 4.3

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Greed only wouldn’t be terrible if there was also a guaranteed item each run or once per week of 1 item = 1 piece of gear of your choosing. Even with that, could make the greed only gear locked at 1 per week too (like it usually is when new 24 man is introduced) and keep the raid as dragged out as usual

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm a little ambivalent on the greed thing. It does get a bit irksome that people need on stuff simply because they can, when they already wear superior gear, some might of course do it for glamour, but I suspect it's mostly good old fashioned "I can reserve this for myself, so I will!".
    This does take away some of the incentive to go on tank/healer jobs though. I would have enjoyed an extra token system for the 24 mans.
    1 token per run (per week), 2 tokens for a piece of any sort (just to toss some numbers out).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My issue with most people complaining about it is this thought that, in an instance that has 8 total drops per run and a weekly loot cap, people are just going to greed everything. That's not going to happen because people won't just take the first piece of shitty gear that drops.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lets be honest tho if I geared up tank through here I would be complaining hard.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    My issue with most people complaining about it is this thought that, in an instance that has 8 total drops per run and a weekly loot cap, people are just going to greed everything. That's not going to happen because people won't just take the first piece of shitty gear that drops.
    I see the logic behind it though.

I'm running it as MCH, I see a piece of gear for MCH that'd be an upgrade as I didn't dump mendacity on that job, I hit greed because I can no longer need it..however joe blow PLD in full mend/savage gear has BRD/MCH to 70, a fresh 70, and decides to greed it too because it'll be a straight upgrade from his i290 gear, why should that be a thing? Shouldn't they run it on the job they want to gear up? They set the entry ilvl insanely low for that specific reason.

I personally don't care, but I do see why people are complaining about greed only. Normally people try to hold out for the 'best' drop which makes you rerun it a lot, but there are those who just say fuck it give me this and let me gtfo if the content is shit, e.g people grabbed the first shit they got in Weeping City because people were(still are) terrible at it and no one is masochistic enough.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Weeping City is my favorite 24man, it has the best looking gearsets, some of the best music, and team mechanics that actually require every team to not fuck up, it's great! But yeah people are quite bad at it lol. Anyway I prefer greed only so I can collect gearsets quickly for jobs I don't play as much. In the normal patch cycle, because I don't raid, I'm spending tomestones on AST and gearing RDM through 24man. That leaves all my other jobs in nowheresville gear-wise. I don't like running dungeons enough to get them the next best sets, and I can't really justify playing something that's 10 ilvls under my 2nd best job, so I just don't play those jobs. Having the choice to gear them with 24man items while people are still running it a lot, even if it means grinding a ton of runs, is something I would do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Of course people aren't gonna lot the first piece of shitty gear that drops, they'll go for the best ones. Meaning that you potentially have to lot against more people and all roles have lower chances of actually being guaranteed a loot if it drops (tanks always have it at 100% currently, healers always have to split, DPSes it depends on your party composition but casters have it worse). Unless a token system is also introduced this won't make people run these raids more nor improve the experience in any way.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I just remember my 10 day ban and being unable to read shit during then.

Maybe its a foreshadowing of the removal of the FFXIV (And FFXI) forums!
    You need to logout of your forum account if your logged in on forums to be able to read em. Otherwise your cockblocked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They posted a digest on the OF

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/364590

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That's a clean little wrap-up there.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ugh, too much to do. six relic weapons, namazu quests, probably will do doman reconstruction, ridorana, etc.

feast or famine I guess, haven't touched the game in nearly a week since I finished my relics for this step. with school and everything I might have to pick and choose what I go for during this patch. although eureka 2.0 is supposedly coming out 4.31 or 4.32 so there might be some breathing room there at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd expect eureka pagos to come 4.35. Unless you doing Ultima Ultimate you got time to clean up.

Also we get x-server linkshells in 4.3 so you don't have to fret so much about pfer.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I'd expect eureka pagos to come 4.35. Unless you doing Ultima Ultimate you got time to clean up.

Also we get x-server linkshells in 4.3 so you don't have to fret so much about pfer.
    errrrrr yeah you're right, what was I thinking 4.31 lol. yeah I should have time then. 4.35 won't hit before summer. and there are no tomestone/raid upgrades this patch either.

we'll see how time-intensive doma reconstruction is and what the rewards are. I am genuinely curious.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If last patch is any indication it's gonna be mainly for story, maybe a title at best.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Minion mebbe

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh that's boring. well, at least the namazu mount is being teased as being something special, hopefully they follow through on that.

I'm starting to feel more and more like I was on the opposite side of reality here and this patch is actually gonna be a bit of a lull, lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    oh that's boring. well, at least the namazu mount is being teased as being something special, hopefully they follow through on that.
    this is xiv. everything is teased as being something special.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Beast tribe mounts are only special if you get every day done inxluding patch morning

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

that said I can't wait to be crowned Grand Goyim by the catfish king.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast