+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 137 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

If I remember correctly, the D pad was used a quick switch in a couple FPS games and for taunts in a WWF game.

EDIT: And these games used the thumb stick as the main motion control.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I thought the AKI wrestling games, the thumbstick was used to only do the finisher move? The d pad was for movement. Also, only game i can think about of using the dpad is Go Go Troublemakers (Mischief Makers) and Killer Instinct Gold.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    go fuck yourself you stupid piece of shit god i've started to hate you
    I love that this has melted from Politics down to spam and now the Switch thread.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Is the N64 controller bad, though?
    it's figuratively the worst controller ever designed it's a fucking trident with nubs you need the hands of a dolphin with cerebral palsy to grip

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it's figuratively the worst controller ever designed it's a fucking trident with nubs you need the hands of a dolphin with cerebral palsy to grip
    Spoiler: show

Holy shit, makes x-box look tiny. Spoiled for table breaking awfulness.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I mean, the thumb stick was uncomfortable and I didn't like the notches around the stick. I got so many gd blisters playing mario party I can't even count them. Also, removing my hands from one portion of the control to another to reach a shoulder button or d-pad is not ideal.
    I usually just used the left+right handles and reached my left thumb over for the analog stick. Holding the middle one seemed awkward.

On the topic of mario party, I used to do those mini-games where you rotate the stick using the palm of my hand. Until one time it sliced right into my hand, to the point the whole end part was under the skin.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

If I remember correctly, the D pad was used a quick switch in a couple FPS games and for taunts in a WWF game.

EDIT: And these games used the thumb stick as the main motion control.
    Ah never had a huge N64 collection outside of 1st party titles. Only game I remember my D-Pad working on and being necessary was Mischief Makers in order to beat that track racing minigame.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Pretty cool we are thinking about getting a switch for the new animal crossing next year >.> think I will still go with regular but those are interesting for sure

BG Level

It doesn't look as portable as I'd expect.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The price isn’t bad, especially if you only want a portable switch and don’t have one already. It is quite big, but still good. The integration of the D-pad is awesome since no more detachable joycons. With pokemon sword and shield, and animal crossing on the way, this would be great.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Kind of surprised no Red/White colors at launch for branding purposes.

If the local wifi works as shown, that is pretty neat that 2+ people can be playing on an undocked switch and others can be playing with them on Lites.

No doubt that this effectively kills the DS. Has there been any significant titles so far that don't work undocked? Wonder if this is not only a sign that some titles are forthcoming that will require docked mode to run, but if the upgraded Switch is targeted for holiday with Lite coming in August.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are putting this out for the people that really don’t want a Switch home console but absolutely want to play Pokémon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    In a video today, Nintendo introduced Nintendo Switch Lite, a device designed specifically to play Nintendo Switch games in handheld mode. The Nintendo Switch Lite system launches Sept. 20 at a suggested retail price of $199.99 and will be available in three different colors: yellow, gray and turquoise. A carrying case and screen protector set for Nintendo Switch Lite will also be available.

“Adding Nintendo Switch Lite to the lineup gives gamers more color and price point options,” said Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser. “Now consumers can choose the system that best suits how they like to play their favorite Nintendo Switch games.”

The flagship Nintendo Switch launched in March 2017 and offers three different play modes: playing in TV mode by placing the system into a Nintendo Switch dock, playing cooperatively or competitively in tabletop mode by sharing Joy-Con controllers and playing in handheld mode. The system comes with either Gray Joy-Con controllers or Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con controllers.

Nintendo Switch Lite has integrated controls and is smaller than the flagship version of Nintendo Switch. It has no kickstand and, as a dedicated handheld gaming device, does not support video output to a TV. Therefore, it does not come with a dock or HDMI cable. For a full list of the differences between Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite, visit nintendo.com/switch/compare.

The new device can play all games in the robust Nintendo Switch library that support handheld mode*, although some games will have restrictions. Compatible game modes will be listed on the back of game packaging and in Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite owners can get together to enjoy compatible multiplayer titles like Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate together via Nintendo Switch Online** or local wireless multiplayer***.
    https://www.nintendo.com/switch/lite/
    https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare

Switch Lite Pokemon Special Edition
    A special Pokémon-themed version of the newly announced Nintendo Switch Lite system will be available in North America starting Nov. 8. The Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian and Zamazenta Edition features stylish cyan and magenta buttons and illustrations of the two new Legendary Pokémon from the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games* for Nintendo Switch. This unique system will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99, while supplies last.

“November is shaping up to be a big month for Pokémon fans, with the arrival of this special hardware followed by the launch of the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games one week later,” said Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser. “The Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian and Zamazenta Edition will be a great gift for Pokémon fans who want to play the latest games on the go.”

In Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, players will embark on a new adventure through the Galar region, where they’ll catch, battle and trade newly discovered Pokémon and uncover the mystery behind Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta. The Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games are available Nov. 15 for all Nintendo Switch systems.

The Nintendo Switch Lite device can play all games in the robust Nintendo Switch library that support handheld mode**, although some games will have restrictions. The standard edition of the Nintendo Switch Lite system launches on Sept. 20 at a suggested retail price of $199.99 and will be available in three different colors: yellow, gray and turquoise.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I want this for pokemon, and might consider the Switch Pro whenever they decide to release it as an upgrade. They definitely roped me into their ecosystem with this, unless sony or ms really wow me with an announcement and make me want to wait for their releases instead.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The one thing this makes me want is a better/actual way to transfer save info between consoles.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They always nail it with the colors of their consoles. I always want one just for the colors.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The one thing this makes me want is a better/actual way to transfer save info between consoles.
    Bingo but I might want it as a 2nd console for my GF

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

New switch with better battery life announces

http://bit.ly/2JBj85y

And new joycons Colors in October

BG Level

Hopefully the drifting is fixed. It's not common, but not too rare either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag