+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Been thinking about getting one. How do you guys like it? Is the mobile as good as it seems? For playing on the internet, i would assume its wifi only?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Been thinking about getting one. How do you guys like it? Is the mobile as good as it seems? For playing on the internet, i would assume its wifi only?
    Mobile is pretty solid IMO. I'd highly suggest getting a glass protector screen.

And internet connectivity is like the Wii/Wii U. Built in WiFi but need a USB to LAN adapter for a wired connection.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All I'm saying is, I've used my Switch more than any console since the PS2. Being able to just lift the thing out of the dock and keep playing if I have to go to an appointment or family thing or whatever is really, really nice. Honestly my only major complaint with it that you might have trouble with is that you can't back up your saves until the online service comes out. Battery life can be a little lame too but 2-4 hours playing a game like Xenoblade has been more than sufficient for me seeing as I'm not often playing for more than a couple hours if I'm not home anyway, and for car rides there's always adapters. I have experimented with tethering the Switch to my phone for mobile online play and it works well, but that obviously depends on the quality of your 4G network.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Holy shit, a Labo Themed Switch: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...09793188986880

Note: It's only a prize for a contest Nintendo is having.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been debating bringing it the gym for a while but can't man up enough to do it. Just to use the joycons while on the bike or something since using a phone is annoying.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Once you get over the idea that no one gives a fuck what you're doing and are only interested in their gains its not a big deal. Unless they're 14 and they're trying to square up with you for some street cred or something idk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Once you get over the idea that no one gives a fuck what you're doing and are only interested in their gains its not a big deal. Unless they're 14 and they're trying to square up with you for some street cred or something idk.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

What's the consensus on Mario Tennis and Octopath?

I'm going to buy a 128GB MicroSD card since my Switch has run out of space already. NBA2k18 swallowed 19GB...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Don’t touch mario tennis

The adventure mode is rushed and shit and the online is bad coded I heard

Wait in case it drops ( which it won’t )

Octopath buy it now

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

X Legacy Collection is fun, the X-Challenge boss duo thing ranges from challenging to absurd. 36 different battles.

Each "stage" is 3 pairs of bosses in a row, with a different 3rd pair depending on if you're playing Vol 1 (X1-4) or Vol 2 (X5-8). You play as X6 X (with Z saber if no weapon is equipped) and get the pick of all the boss weaknesses in that set and you can bring 3, or opt to bring none and only get foot parts armor for airdash and hover (ie, no body parts for halved damage, no arm parts for plasma charge shot). Your health carries over between battles in the set and you have 3 lives to clear.

Spoilers I guess? for the actual boss sets
    Spoiler: show

If you want that broken down into how many times each boss was repeated (or not used, in the case of half the SNES ones):
    Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Weird how they cut out half the SNES fights. At first glace, those are generally the fights that can be heavily gimped with the right weakness but still have Armored Armadillo. Odd.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Played it a little yesterday, so far, my two gripes are the lack of save states and the fact that they kept the places where it lags from the SNES games (only played a bit of the first atm, figure it carries over to the others as well).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The Switch version is extra borked when it comes to X1-3, with slowdown and lag even more prominent than the original SNES versions. Apparently the emulation was pulled right from the 2006 collection and poorly optimized for the console. Also, just something I personally noticed but the input lag itself is fucking atrocious.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I got all the trophies for X1 and X2 so far. I should finish X3 and X4 tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I wish they'd let you pick different armor sets for the X-challenge.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hmm. I was sort of amounting the input lag in 1-3 being just "I haven't played the SNES games in over 10 years; joycon feels different than SNES controller; etc" but it does feel a little sticky and sluggish with some platforming bits actually. Doesn't become an issue in bosses though from what I can tell. Maybe they'll patch it somehow? Hopefully?

FWIW X7 and X8 run pretty flawlessly though, and I don't think 4-6 have quite as bad input lag as 1-3. Also seems to be a Switch-only issue.

If you for some reason have to play X7 and haven't before, for the love of god turn on Auto Repeat in Game Options. It makes Axl tolerable to play given enemies take like dozens of shots to kill, to say nothing of bosses.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

One thing that bugs me is that remapping buttons doesn't save. I use L for dash! I also noticed the input lag, thought I was just rusty since I hadn't played X1-3 in a while but I found myself dying on really easy pits lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They save on X4 onwards at least. Did remaps not save in the older 1-6 X collection in 1-3?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag