+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wait, they don't get paid while the unwashed masses board the plain? What the actual fuck?!?

When do they currently start to get paid? Because apparently I've seen far too many smiling, polite, helpful people not getting fucking paid while I walk past them to my seat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    When do they currently start to get paid?
    When the plane is in flight.

https://viewfromthewing.com/in-revol...ring-boarding/

Flight attendants are getting a raise, and it’s coming in the form of addressing a real sore spot in compensation. This could keep unionization at bay, while trolling employees of their biggest competitors. Already I’m hearing from cabin crew at other airlines who are up in arms over their own pay.

Flight attendants are generally paid a wage based on how long their flights are, and this doesn’t usually include time spent boarding – which can be one of the most stressful and hard-working times during a flight.

Delta, though, is going to pay a flat amount of time based on scheduled boarding. This coincides with moving boarding time 5 minutes earlier for domestic mainline flights, and in an internal communication the airline describes it as “an industry first.” The new pay is in addition to profit sharing announced in March, and pay increases that go into effect in May.

It's a move to keep attendants from unionizing as most are paid extra for their flight if they agree forgo being paid for boarding (which is a union agreement).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    Wait, they don't get paid while the unwashed masses board the plain? What the actual fuck?!?

When do they currently start to get paid? Because apparently I've seen far too many smiling, polite, helpful people not getting fucking paid while I walk past them to my seat.
    Their pay starts when the cabin doors close. It really makes sense for it to include boarding sequence as well because beyond welcoming they are also required to count the passengers as they board and check with manifest to make sure an uncleared passenger doesn’t slip in.

Also their training includes a general check on passengers during boarding for a quick evaluation on potential troublemakers or people that may need special care (ie grieving person, happens a lot as people just buy the next available ticket after getting the bad news). If they notice an aggressive, drunk passenger boarding they’ll keep an eye on him so that he won’t cause a trouble for others.

They have perhaps the most critical role during boarding and it didn’t make sense for their pay not to include this phase. Hopefully this move will be an industry standard.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=84214546

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has revoked the pilot's license of YouTuber Trevor Jacob following a November 2021 crash the FAA claims James "purposely" caused.

In November, Jacob flew over Los Padres National Forest in California. Jacob posted a 12-minute video of the crash to his YouTube channel that has received more than 1.7 million views, according to the video's YouTube page.

"You operated this flight to purposely cause N29508 to crash," the FAA said in a letter to Jacob dated April 11, 2022.
    And a video explaining it. Crashing a plane for them views. Federal criminal charges still pending.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://apnews.com/article/business-...ea9eae150f88dd

American tourists in Israel attempted to board a plane with an artillery shell they found in Golan Heights.

Videos circulating online showed passengers ducking for cover, running and screaming at the departure hall of Ben Gurion International Airport on Thursday.

The airport authority said security officers sounded an alert when they discovered the unexploded shell. At least one person was injured after trying to run on a conveyer belt, it said.

Normal operations resumed after the shell was safely removed a short time later. The family was released after questioning.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

They took their apple mouse and plopped wheels on it.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I feel like for some reason they set out to make an iPhone with wheels.

And that no windows + vr sounds to stupid to be true.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm sure police would be real happy with a vehicle they can't see in to.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I'm sure police would be real happy with a vehicle they can't see in to.
    Real talk, from my experience working as a crossing guard, if you made a venn diagram of "people who drive like assholes", and "people with windows tinted enough you can't tell who's driving", there is a LOT of overlap.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    They took their apple mouse and plopped wheels on it.
    I just want to know if the charging port is on the bottom like their mouse.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-p...hou-guangzhou/

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61488976

Black boxes suggest it was an intentional crash.

Flight data indicates a China Eastern Airlines plane that crashed in March was intentionally put into a nose-dive, according to US media reports.

Investigators have so far not found any mechanical or technical faults with the jet, the reports say, citing a preliminary assessment by US officials.

"The plane did what it was told to do by someone in the cockpit," according to the Wall Street Journal, which first reported the story, citing a person familiar with US officials' preliminary assessment of the cause of the crash.

Data from one of the plane's "black box" flight recorders, which was recovered from the crash site, suggested that inputs to the controls pushed the plane into a near-vertical dive, the report said.

ABC News, citing US officials, also reported that the crash was believed to have been caused by an intentional act.

Investigators looking into the crash are examining whether it was due to intentional action on the flight deck, with no evidence found of a technical malfunction, according to Reuters, which cited two people briefed on the matter.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...4-crash-report

The cause of the EgyptAir crash in 2016 was a pilot smoking in the cockpit. It sparked a fire.

Egyptian investigators initially said they had found traces of explosives in the remains of victims of the flight. Cairo’s prosecutor general ordered an urgent state security investigation, but its findings were never made public.

A confidential 134-page investigation document compiled by French experts and sent to the Paris Court of Appeal now attributes the cause of the crash to the pilots’ cigarette smoking.

According to the report, obtained by Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera, the co-pilot’s oxygen mask was left in “emergency” mode instead of “normal” by a maintenance engineer.

The cigarette caused the oxygen to combust, provoking a spark that led to a fire. Shortly before disappearing, the plane’s detection system warned of smoke at the front of the plane, the report said.

The ACARS system, which transmits short messages between aircraft and ground stations, sent seven dispatches in two seconds, including a warning of malfunctioning of a computer system crucial to its flight manoeuvring mechanisms.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Sorry, I call bullshit.

Schizophrenia isn't something you have "an episode of" where you dissociate, attempt to murder people, and "spontaneously" come out of.

I would buy PTSD. Maybe even a personality disorder. That kind of behavior is highly unusual for Schizophrenia.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://news.yahoo.com/amtrak-derail...195436261.html

Amtrak derailment in Mendon, MO after a collision with a dump truck.

An Amtrak train traveling from Los Angeles to Chicago derailed in rural Missouri Monday afternoon after striking a dump truck at a public rail crossing, officials said.

According to Amtrak, there were 243 passengers on board the Southwest Chief Train 4 when several cars derailed near Mendon, Mo., about 100 miles northeast of Kansas City.

Emergency responders worked to extricate passengers trapped inside, according to scanner audio. There were multiple injuries reported, the rail service said, but no immediate word of fatalities.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag