BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Imagine being the person in the white car calling your insurance company. "Umm.. I had a car fly through the air and land on top of my car."
    "YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS..."

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Farmers: "We've seen it before."

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Not sure where to put this, but hella fucking weird story.

https://wr.al/1LwT0

Dude wrecks his car, they find a massive amount of blood in the car and evidence his head impacted the windshield but can't find him. Then he just strolls back home weeks later saying he was in the woods trying to find his cell phone. When police arrive there are "no visible signs of injury." It was below freezing a few nights while he was gone as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aliens.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Suspect in deadly Waukesha holiday parade crash says he feels ‘demonized’
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nized-rcna7346

It's not his fault. He, "fell through the cracks"!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

lol wtf...was there ice on the road/turn before this? Half these people probably just on cellphones and not even looking up

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Normal stupid LA drivers who don't know how to slow down or spot road hazards. North I-110 around USC after the HOV stack.

Feeling like it might've been before an officer could get on scene with lights up and flares out. Overall, lighting didn't seem too hot and after maybe the third crash, I wouldn't be surprised if people couldn't see the wreckage in the left lane until they almost on top of it. And at those speeds, well, that eventual swerve crash seemed a given. Probably a safe bet folks were going above the limit, as well.

Sometimes I also feel like yellow street lamps actually make night visibility worse if they're not consistently placed and can't just go off headlights/brights.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Feeling like it might've been before an officer could get on scene with lights up and flares out. Overall, lighting didn't seem too hot and after maybe the third crash, I wouldn't be surprised if people couldn't see the wreckage in the left lane until they almost on top of it. And at those speeds, well, that eventual swerve crash seemed a given. Probably a safe bet folks were going above the limit, as well.

Sometimes I also feel like yellow street lamps actually make night visibility worse if they're not consistently placed and can't just go off headlights/brights.
    The video is a lot longer than what he posted on Twitter. While he's on the phone with 911 he goes from reporting 3 vehicles involved to 10. It's like every 30 seconds he's going "yeah, another one, so 5. Make that 6. Well. There's 8 now."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

RIP to the guy who couldn't stop in time so he swerved left into the crashed cars instead of right into the open lane

BG Level

Aviation industry warns of looming flight disruptions in wake of 5G regulations
    The world's biggest aviation rivals — plane makers Boeing and Airbus — are finding common ground over the industry's 5G concerns. Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun and Airbus Americas CEO Jeffrey Knittel sent a letter this week urging the Biden Administration to delay the planned January 5 deployment of new 5G wireless service, fearing it could affect aviation safety.

The joint letter to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg calls for delaying AT&T and Verizon's planned deployment of C-Band spectrum 5G Wireless, a source familiar with the letter told CBS News.

"5G interference could adversely affect the ability of aircraft to safely operate," the letter said, adding it could have "an enormous negative impact on the aviation industry."

The Federal Aviation Administration notified airlines they will not be allowed to use a piece of equipment, known as a radio altimeter, that helps pilots land in low visibility and bad weather starting January 5 at more than 40 of the nation's busiest airports if the planned 5G activation continues as planned. Airlines warn that could lead to approximately 4% of flights in the U.S. being delayed, canceled or diverted daily. Airlines for America, the trade group representing the nation's airlines, said if the FAA's 5G directive was in effect in 2019 it would have affected about 345,000 passenger flights and 5,400 cargo flights.

Delta Chief Operating Officer John Laughter told senators at a recent hearing 5G is "the biggest issue facing us right now, we need to work together to resolve this."

United CEO Scott Kirby called on the FAA and FCC to delay the implementation of 5G.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boeing-...irline-safety/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Radio Altimeters are quite handy, unlike pressure altimeters which simply read the pressure difference from the set value they operate directly through radio waves. I agree if there is any chance of interference they have to be turned off as an erroneous reading could even trigger autothrottle at a very critical phase, ie. leaving the pilot with idle engines at a higher altitude than intended. This could potentially lead to a stall.

Wasn’t there a feasibility analysis on this prior to implementation? :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

These shits happen because people always follow too closely.

Yeah, my dad's health issues aside (failing eyesight and neuropathy in his feet), I hate being in the car with him as a passenger during times of high traffic because he follows people way too close. Maybe not tailgate close, but close enough to know his reaction time will not be sufficient enough to be caught up in an accident. "Why don't you let me drive?" is not a question he likes to hear, either, because he's too stubborn to acknowledge he's old and falling apart.

BG Level

Hundreds of drivers have been stuck for hours on I-95 in Fredericksburg, Virginia due to problems from a winter storm Monday, CBS Richmond affiliate WTVR-TV reports. Some have been there more than 24 hours, according to CBS Washington, D.C. affiliate WUSA-TV.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/winter-...tranded-hours/

https://twitter.com/VaDOT/status/1478309166150262785

Yikes.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Harrowing video shows LAPD officers pull injured pilot from plane moments before train smashes aircraft into pieces
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-p...ngeles-police/

https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1480363436311670784

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm